#1 lagmanX

lagmanX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationKivotos
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

As far as I know, EQ is not reduced by racial equip/cards, neutral reduction; but is reduced by Ghostring card, Energy coat, Mental strength; and blocked by Golden Thief Bug, Maelstrom?, white imprison.

But I have not read post about if that is reduced by hard mdef (I found a post commenting that hard mdef doesn't reduce  EQ, After I have tested that -_- ) and/or dodged by skills like Prestige and hallucination walk (because this skill is magic, right?), then I tried dodge it many times with Prestige but always hit me 3 times (when I should have dodged at least one hit). After that, I thought if Prestige does not work on boss monsters(dodge magic), so I tried that and if it works. Then, EQ can be missed for Kaupe but not for Prestige? :c

#2 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

I am not sure about hallucination walk but Prestige does dodge the skill, however it will only dodge one of the three hits, unless it proc's each and every time the hit comes into succession (which is very very very rare). Kaupe can work to dodge EQ however similarly to Prestige, it will only dodge the very first hit, unless you can pretty much spam Kaupe to the point 2 times more to dodge the other two hits. I have noticed EQ reduces from hard mdef as a remarkable difference is exhibited from having Assumptio up. I believe it is just that you have had very terrible proc luck from prestige.

Yes Maelstrom I believe does defend against EQ (might need someone to confirm this). A well timed Crazy Vines or Ganbantein in the area's where players stand can also compeletely block EQ from effecting specific area's which the aformented skills are cast. Note that for Crazy Vines and Ganbantein, the skill activation has to occur at exactly the same time as EQ's activation to completely block the effect. Last I remember, Kings Grace can also completely  block off EQ, but someone may need to confirm whether it still does or not (I believe it wouldn't anymore).

Edited by PervySageMarty, 21 February 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Maelstrom turns the cell ur standing into a dead cell so you will 100% survive the EQ.

Hallu walk dodge it so if it procs, it will miss.

A well timed Millenium Shield will block the Eq too, cast it after the first one.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Each EQ hit can be dodged individually. Prestige can do this, so does hallucination walk, and single target magic reflect gears, like Maya card, Magic Reflector, Frus Card, etc.

#5 PriscillaOtome

PriscillaOtome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationProntera's Church.

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

Air Balloon?... Vamos a instancias mientras esperas mas comentarios :c XD hmm aunque es realmente extraño que las veces que testeamos Earhquake no se notara alguna diferencia en el daño, me pregunto si quizas habra sido porque el lv. de Earhquake era muy bajo? hmm ni idea... supongo aun asi se tendria que notar alguna diferencia, aunque bueno probarlo con un lv. mas alto supongo seria peligroso y quizas no se podria testear del todo bien... y ademas conseguir un MvP que te lo castee sin estar al pendiente de que otra persona vaya a por el pues esta dificil...

Bueno ojala te dejen mas mensajes en los que puedan aclarar tus dudas sobre si se puede reducir con la Hard Mdef, aunque si te dicen algo mas interesante me avisas xD tambien me gustaria saber.

PD: era broma lo de las instancias XD toma tu tiempo? Arriba Earthquake! xD ok no...

#6 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

According to EQ info received from FQL. I found that if you enchant MVP Atk with proper element via sorc's elemental insignia. Their EQ dmg will be reduced or even nullified.
This method works on my server at least.

Edited by Sigma1, 21 February 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#7 lagmanX

lagmanX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationKivotos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

I am not sure about hallucination walk but Prestige does dodge the skill, however it will only dodge one of the three hits, unless it proc's each and every time the hit comes into succession (which is very very very rare). Kaupe can work to dodge EQ however similarly to Prestige, it will only dodge the very first hit, unless you can pretty much spam Kaupe to the point 2 times more to dodge the other two hits. I have noticed EQ reduces from hard mdef as a remarkable difference is exhibited from having Assumptio up. I believe it is just that you have had very terrible proc luck from prestige.

Yes Maelstrom I believe does defend against EQ (might need someone to confirm this). A well timed Crazy Vines or Ganbantein in the area's where players stand can also compeletely block EQ from effecting specific area's which the aformented skills are cast. Note that for Crazy Vines and Ganbantein, the skill activation has to occur at exactly the same time as EQ's activation to completely block the effect. Last I remember, Kings Grace can also completely  block off EQ, but someone may need to confirm whether it still does or not (I believe it wouldn't anymore).

1)Then I had bad luck dodging EQ,

90+30 INT aprox/ 40+70 LUK/ Base 118 /prestige lv5 = 37.45% chance of dodge.

I tried that more than 10 times, all got 3 hits. Unless that the dodge for earthquake is highly reduced.

Well, I will try that when I have more stats and Base Level

2)here my test from EQ with hard mdef

0 Hard Mdef:

Spoiler

--------

i think 63 hard mdef:

Spoiler

--------

63 hardmdef with Assumptio(50% magic reduction):

Spoiler

--------

In the 3 occasions got the same damage

3)Oh, I did not know that crazy vines and ganbatein can block EQ (well this last one yes but I read it long ago I even forgot :P ), and King Grace, It never crossed my mind that skill O.O, although I suppose it is risky since you lose all your buffs (But anything for to dodge EQ?)

Maelstrom turns the cell ur standing into a dead cell so you will 100% survive the EQ.

Hallu walk dodge it so if it procs, it will miss.

A well timed Millenium Shield will block the Eq too, cast it after the first one.

Thank you very much for confirming that :p_idea:

And about Millenium Shield, that and if cast 3-4 shield= block all EQ e.e

Each EQ hit can be dodged individually. Prestige can do this, so does hallucination walk, and single target magic reflect gears, like Maya card, Magic Reflector, Frus Card, etc.

What? single target reflect works in area magic attacks? or EQ is like a single magic attack?

According to EQ info received from FQL. I found that if you enchant MVP Atk with proper element via sorc's elemental insignia. Their EQ dmg will be reduced or even nullified.
This method works on my server at least.

Then EQ can be enchanted via insignia? =O

Edited by lagmanX, 21 February 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

EQ spreads single target magic attacks through the whole skill area. Each person affected/each hit is it's own single thing.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

tested the insignia thing, it does work and you can reduce/amplify the damage, but regardless of how many reduction i had to the matching element, even 100%, the reduction would always be something around 50%

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

tested the insignia thing, it does work and you can reduce/amplify the damage, but regardless of how many reduction i had to the matching element, even 100%, the reduction would always be something around 50%

I cannot believe i completely forgot about this!! It was really easy to resost against it when we forced MVPs into an element cos then we could resist it by the other element without worrying resistance being only 30%. Thanks Ash for confirming only 50%, never knew.

Building up on Ash and Sigma, the lvl 3 aqua defensive ability can reduce all incoming damage by 30% in 3x3 around the sorc, that works for EQ. Also lvl 3 ventus defensive ability, besides blocking ranged physical damage, can block EQ by a 50% chance. When its blocked this way, the whole skill is blocked.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:29 AM

Well nvm. actually it's simpler than that. For a second i forgot how EQ calculates the damage you would do to yourself. It's just that morroc incarnation(golem) receives 50% dmg from the 4 basic elements, endowing his atk with any of those will make himself do 50% dmg against himself. On cases like kraken, or ifrit, using the matching insignia would result in a miss, as it's fire x fire(or water x water)

#12 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:08 AM

Only Insignia can change the boss' prop? How bout endow

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:27 AM

How do you cast endow on enemies tell me

#14 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:45 AM

I seriously dont know, havent used it, havent seen one use it just read it somewhere

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:33 AM

In PVP, you can cast enchant poison on an "enemy" :DDDD

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

You can only cast enchant poison on party members

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

... yeah uhh it's all part of the long con. you uhh endow them, de-party, then attack and not worry about the 1% chance of EQ proccing... or something.

shut up >;(

#18 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

Soo much nerf to Assassin's ah well. I wish we get a card the let's u cast eq when ever u want. Like manual cast not by chance

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

It would need to be earthquake lvl 0.1, coz lvl1 is already enough to kill anyone when used by a gx.

#20 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

So one thing I noticed on wiki's element table is that, unlike any of the other basic (or any) elements, wind does 175% damage on level 1 water. 

I guess that means water armor + mild wind lvl 2 (leaving out other mods) is the way to go? 

Unless that's a mistake and it's just 150%. 

edit: link for reference http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element

Edited by mildcontempt, 22 February 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#21 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

It would need to be earthquake lvl 0.1, coz lvl1 is already enough to kill anyone when used by a gx.

Long as it's not a proc rate but a damage rate I'll accept that

#22 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

So one thing I noticed on wiki's element table is that, unlike any of the other basic (or any) elements, wind does 175% damage on level 1 water.

I guess that means water armor + mild wind lvl 2 (leaving out other mods) is the way to go?

Unless that's a mistake and it's just 150%.

edit: link for reference http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element

It's correct, wind attack deals 175% to water 1 since the early version of game. ( I guess everyone still remember the way of wizard with Frost Diver + JT combo :) )
However, water armor isn't weak against poison attack while other basic elements are.

Edited by Sigma1, 22 February 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#23 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

Cool. 

So let's see...

Mild wind 2 + water armor + DR card + earthrpoof pot + 2xDrainliar2xSkelworker + glorious dama (or flamberge) and... what else would help here I wonder? 

I imagine you're better off with an elementxsize offhand than say an alice carded shield. 

#24 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Cool.

So let's see...

Mild wind 2 + water armor + DR card + earthrpoof pot + 2xDrainliar2xSkelworker + glorious dama (or flamberge) and... what else would help here I wonder?

I imagine you're better off with an elementxsize offhand than say an alice carded shield.

Do you wanna trigger EQ via Ifrit card? (since you have no more hand for FQL)
BTW hydra is better than drainliar because of modifier order. And Ammut in shoes for more dmg.
CEB and robo also good choices.
But I think you should use waterproof potion instead of earthproof potion. @_@

#25 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Do you wanna trigger EQ via Ifrit card? (since you have no more hand for FQL)
BTW hydra is better than drainliar because of modifier order. And Ammut in shoes for more dmg.
CEB and robo also good choices.
But I think you should use waterproof potion instead of earthproof potion. @_@

If using a glorious gladius/flamberge, wouldn't drainliar be better since you have so much demi-human % from that already? 

Yeah it'd have to be from ifrit. 

I think tengu combo + procc'd eddga hat better than CEB+robo. 

Also you're right, coldproof, that was my mistake. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 22 February 2017 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users