Njoror Njotes: February 22, 2017 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Njoror Njotes: February 22, 2017

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

Njoror Njotes

February 22, 2017

I totally forgot last week's in everything that's going on. My bad.

What's Up

We're in between patches this week, so no patch, just event and shop stuff (plus all the backend updating and tinkering we do).

• Sale: Refinement and Storage sale
    • We added storage items to a cycling sale because we saw interest in it. If we miss any items on this, let us know, and we can consider.
  • Event: "Share the Love" rewards
    • All tiers achieved, so 1000% EXP for remainder, new HHB drop, plus item rewards (as soon as GMs get them sent out, Idun is on that)
    • Idun is going to put up new tiers in the next day (or sooner) so we have reach goals to get to. Stay tuned for that.

What's Next

• Card Reinforcement
    • We basically went back to the drawing board for this and have a new test build we finally made for today. It likely won't be ready for next week, but we expect only a couple of weeks for this
  • Master Level streamlining
    • Currently we're testing the following on our test server:
      • ​Eddga Accessories for Eddga Coins
      • Passive monsters (not bosses, but a lot of minion or smaller monsters that are set to passive and not aggressive for easier navigation around maps)
      • Elements on Master Level monsters that otherwise didn't have elements
      • Quest EXP Changes/Boosts
      • Boosting Monster EXP (currently only Forgotten Payon, but we've got plans to target all zones)
    • Being worked on:
      • Notice Boards for each city that will alert the players to the stages of the Wonderland dungeon and if its open
      • Global announcements for when each stage and dungeon is unlocked, not just for those in Jawaii zones
      • Around 90 or so new quests that build on the game's story or add new daily quests for master level zones
      • New Monster DNA and Cards. This might take the longest, since new DNA is a whole new frontier for us, and we need to design new Cards (though we think there might be leftover art for this).

For those who haven't read prior ones, we shifted to development of "new" content versus attacking bugs, balance, and updates to PvP. We found that the PvP updates we planned would take longer than expected, and while we have some working on those, we knew we'd need to address the lack of PvE stuff to do. Our first focus is going to tackle a big design document we have to alleviate master leveling, lack of interest in those zones, and lack of new story. It should help us build up those procedures to start filtering in new content (we have a lot more pve plans, but knew leveling was a big issue for new and old players).

PvP updates will come, but might get shifted to Q2.

New anniversary event will also be worked on in March, so we expect the leveling streamline changes to come in increments. The stuff that is on our test server should deploy first, then maybe some quests or other stuff, with DNA/Cards probably taking the longest to come to fruition due to all its moving parts.

We are also stopping to address critical or high priority bugs or balance issues as they come, which can slow us down since we're a much smaller team than any before. 

Issues:

• Patch error 2/Card reinforcement broken
    • Patch error was fixed last Friday without a downtime
    • Card reinforcement had a snafu and was fixed with a client patch yesterday on live, so should be working
  • System server error
    • We've been getting a lot of players writing in with this error which doesn't allow them to login to certain characters
    • We determined what is causing it (location data is being set to zero, characters go into existential limbo, question their own being)
    • We're working on a fix that will revert location data back to its prior state if this occurs and trying to find the root cause, this should be good for Monday
  • War of Emperium channel crashes
    • For those unaware, we've had two Wednesday WoE's be interrupted by a channel crash
    • Crash caused by a super rare set of circumstances that can occur if multiple situations happen within milliseconds of each other
    • We have a fix that's being tested on our test server that we expect to deploy on Monday's maintenance

#2 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

but we expect only a couple of weeks for this

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  You made me laugh, this saved my day, thank you!

#3 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

I just want to mention that warpportal is testing new content since May last year and we have seen ten percent of that in game, on the way they took another route and make new, rare fillings and now they jumped from the PVP plans to PVE plans which following the logic would take months, many months ("IF").....

And last they are now a small team of developers...................................

I'm a one-sad-saaaad-bad-hombre. 

MEDH4Dw.gif

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 22 February 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#4 littleguy134

littleguy134

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

So where is seedrune update?

#5 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

• War of Emperium channel crashes
    • Crash caused by a super rare set of circumstances that can occur if multiple situations happen within milliseconds of each other

why-men-lie.jpg

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 22 February 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#6 Gugy

Gugy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Seedrunes update?

edit: got my answer on twitch stream

edit again: here is the answer:

https://clips.twitch...teemedBearDoggo

Edited by Gugy, 27 February 2017 - 03:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users