Disable skill use in Eden 2FL - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disable skill use in Eden 2FL

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Another one of  my Vendor just got move again because someone either want my spot or buy form the Bot vendor that login and setup vend on my spot.

This is not the first time this happen and is annoying as any other time. So can please disable skills in Eden 2FL to prevent these kid of abuses.

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Record a video while you afk with your vendor. The rrf video file does not take up much disk space plus it should not lag your PC even if you are recording. This way you can get the names of those characters then report them.

#3 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

i am doing it now for my other vendor which is in its original place.

#4 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

If GMs disable skills in 2nd floor how you will vend? vending is a skill too...just saying.

#5 gabuie

gabuie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Not classic

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

just vend in another spot bro

#6 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

If GMs disable skills in 2nd floor how you will vend? vending is a skill too...just saying.

fine, just disable certain skills then.

just vend in another spot bro

why should i move?

#7 gabuie

gabuie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

because there's plenty of other spots to vend? why are u even vending in eden? prontera is where it's at tho

#firstworldproblems

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

Why'd you have to go and point that out? I was waiting to see what would happen if that actually went through. <<

#9 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

use bryn ang gtb while you vend:D

#10 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

because there's plenty of other spots to vend? why are u even vending in eden? prontera is where it's at tho

#firstworldproblems

So because someone was breaking the rules with skill abuse, it's up to the person who's vending to go somewhere else?

I think you're missing something here...

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

Thats how i buy from stacked vends tho :o
Imagine that item you've been hunting on ragial for months finally shows up but there's a vend on top of it :v

#12 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Why'd you have to go and point that out? I was waiting to see what would happen if that actually went through. <<

Damm you right, my bad :x

lel

#13 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Or at least trans that merchant and equip Strong Shield

#14 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Thats how i buy from stacked vends tho :o
Imagine that item you've been hunting on ragial for months finally shows up but there's a vend on top of it :v

I keep a stock of Bargain Hunter's Catalogues in storage for when that happens to me. Probably the most underrated Kafra Shop item, I never hear people talk about it.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

Unstacking them you also help other ppl who might want to buy from an overlapped vend :v

#16 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

1. Since i login first, my vend would be the on top so if ppl buy form me theym

2. When my merch got move it is usualky ti a spot that doesnt allow vend.

#17 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Well then what would you do about the reverse case of abuse, where a vendor will purposefully move on top of another vendor and set up shop on the same cell, in order to stop the original person on that spot from selling his things? 

Obviously vendors are most likely afk at work/asleep, so they won't notice till they're back and none of their stuff sold because someone's butthurt with their prices and decided to block their vend. 

Same issue for players who want to buy something cheap. I've often seen shops being overlapped when they're selling the same item, but for cheaper. 

Let's be realistic, having your character moved one cell is not going to hurt your sales. You don't even have to make the effort of taking down your vend to move. And in the end, the buyers as well as the original vendor both benefit, at the expense of the second vendor (who likely has ill intentions) moving one cell and having practically no loss.

The mere fact that you're complaining about it suggests that you're disappointed that your scheme to block a cheaper/competing seller failed.

About the Bargain Hunters', in most cases the zeny you would save from buying cheaper would not even justify the price of the catalog itself. And even if it does not, why must the buyer pay more to buy because of some stubborn idiot who wants to block cheaper vends?

Edited by WolfTri, 25 February 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#18 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

The person who login first will have priority when it comez to which vend is being shown. Just because someone move on someone else spot and setup a vend doesnt mean that person can cover the vendor that was there first.

And i still dont know why i am the who should move i login first and setup my vend first.

I was the original vendor at that spot and i was the one who got move and it wasnt ine spot, It was multiple spots.

Edited by Ryviux, 25 February 2017 - 02:16 AM.

#19 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

i can understand is annoying when someone move your vending merch just for trolling, but as i see the real problem for you is all about this:

my-spot.jpg?w=600

#20 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

Well then what would you do about the reverse case of abuse, where a vendor will purposefully move on top of another vendor and set up shop on the same cell, in order to stop the original person on that spot from selling his things?
Obviously vendors are most likely afk at work/asleep, so they won't notice till they're back and none of their stuff sold because someone's butthurt with their prices and decided to block their vend.
Same issue for players who want to buy something cheap. I've often seen shops being overlapped when they're selling the same item, but for cheaper.

Let's be realistic, having your character moved one cell is not going to hurt your sales. You don't even have to make the effort of taking down your vend to move. And in the end, the buyers as well as the original vendor both benefit, at the expense of the second vendor (who likely has ill intentions) moving one cell and having practically no loss.

The mere fact that you're complaining about it suggests that you're disappointed that your scheme to block a cheaper/competing seller failed.

About the Bargain Hunters', in most cases the zeny you would save from buying cheaper would not even justify the price of the catalog itself. And even if it does not, why must the buyer pay more to buy because of some stubborn idiot who wants to block cheaper vends?

So it's okay to break the in game rules and skill abuse as long as what you believe what you're doing is right?

Maybe that's why there are players actually thinking it's okay to move afk alchemist or sheltering bliss afk people. Or even have players Stasising other parties because they just don't like them.

I really think you're missing the same point as the person earlier. It's against the rules.

Edited by Demeris, 25 February 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#21 gabuie

gabuie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

Ok yeah they're breaking the rules by skill abusing but if it was a serious issue the gms would've done something about it years ago. If it's reoccurring then just record it and report the player, simple as that.

1. Move to another spot and move on with ur life
2. Record n report

#22 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

people will still sit next right of you to post a vend, there is simply not enough space to vend, until RO willing to implement auto trading system like stock market ticker to save a few precious polar bear.    this cat fight will just on and on.

#23 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

So, did your vend get closed (like when a vendor gets killed) when it got moved to a cell where vending is not allowed?

If not then I don't see in any sort of way this can be considered skill abuse. There is literally no damn harm done right there.

People can still buy the stuff your vendor selling.

Would be different if your vendor was moved to a cell on top of another vendor.

#24 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

What if... they don't want to be moved?

#25 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

For what reason?
1.So they can embrace their inner special snowflake they've always wanted to be.

2.It's their safe space and they feel it has been violated. (really though? even in only a game?) :heh:

The person who login first will have priority when it comez to which vend is being shown. Just because someone move on someone else spot and setup a vend doesnt mean that person can cover the vendor that was there first.

And i still dont know why i am the who should move i login first and setup my vend first.

I was the original vendor at that spot and i was the one who got move and it wasnt ine spot, It was multiple spots.

Is there a rule stating a cell for vending is first come first serve? Enlighten me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users