Disable skill use in Eden 2FL - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disable skill use in Eden 2FL

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

So, did your vend get closed (like when a vendor gets killed) when it got moved to a cell where vending is not allowed?

If not then I don't see in any sort of way this can be considered skill abuse. There is literally no damn harm done right there.

People can still buy the stuff your vendor selling.

Would be different if your vendor was moved to a cell on top of another vendor.

if i close the vend to transfer zeny out of the vendor or too change the stuff for vend. i can't use that same spot and have fine a new one.

#27 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

For what reason?
1.So they can embrace their inner special snowflake they've always wanted to be.

2.It's their safe space and they feel it has been violated. (really though? even in only a game?) :heh:

Is there a rule stating a cell for vending is first come first serve? Enlighten me.

how about courtesy and respect for other players or is that too much to ask these days.

#28 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

Kindly be polite to one another when giving an advice.

Post purged.

#29 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:03 AM

this event just make the ugly on microscope.  Eden 2F: 38,179 38,178 and especially 38,177.   38,177 has better chance to sell items.  You want to know who cast thornwall.  find who own that spot mostly the past 2 weeks, track their IP if thrownwall cast from that IP in eden 2F, then you have your crime found, period.  It is the motive to own that spot to make them cross line to cast thron wall to push other out.

#30 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

lol @ gtb

#31 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

So it's okay to break the in game rules and skill abuse as long as what you believe what you're doing is right?

Maybe that's why there are players actually thinking it's okay to move afk alchemist or sheltering bliss afk people. Or even have players Stasising other parties because they just don't like them.

I really think you're missing the same point as the person earlier. It's against the rules.

Somewhat unrelated to the topic at hand, but perhaps this will give a better perspective. 

As someone studying law, I can tell you this much: try to look beyond the base argument of "It's the rule, do not question". Laws are all formed for a reason, and you do have some liberty to decide for yourself whether something is right or wrong. The rule is simply a general directive issued, and can be broken if there is a reasonable need for such. Just because the government (company in this case) frames the rules, does not mean you have to let them do the thinking for you. You still have your agency and your ideas of what you believe to be right. And in addition to that, laws are formed without specific scenarios in mind. Often there arise circumstances where the law is in fact wrong, and therefore when there is reasonable cause to break a law, no punishment is given. The law is not as black and white as you see it to be. For a very simple real-life example, let's say there's a signboard stating that a specific area is off limits, and  trespassing is strictly not allowed. But, you see a person in there that clearly needs help and will die if left alone for long. Do you then, stay away to follow the law and let the person die, or break the law? 

The answer should be pretty obvious. 

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Somewhat unrelated to the topic at hand, but perhaps this will give a better perspective. 

As someone studying law, I can tell you this much: try to look beyond the base argument of "It's the rule, do not question". Laws are all formed for a reason, and you do have some liberty to decide for yourself whether something is right or wrong. The rule is simply a general directive issued, and can be broken if there is a reasonable need for such. Just because the government (company in this case) frames the rules, does not mean you have to let them do the thinking for you. You still have your agency and your ideas of what you believe to be right. And in addition to that, laws are formed without specific scenarios in mind. Often there arise circumstances where the law is in fact wrong, and therefore when there is reasonable cause to break a law, no punishment is given. The law is not as black and white as you see it to be. For a very simple real-life example, let's say there's a signboard stating that a specific area is off limits, and  trespassing is strictly not allowed. But, you see a person in there that clearly needs help and will die if left alone for long. Do you then, stay away to follow the law and let the person die, or break the law? 

The answer should be pretty obvious. 

Let the person die because that dying person was breaking the law and now he was receiving a consequence for his action. The signboard was there to keep people out from the potential dangers :/

Bad people should not be saved ...  :pif:

#33 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

I'd LOVE if vending was disabled at Eden 2F. Also, chats at Eden 1F.

#34 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Let people vend / open chatbox inside kitchen instead :heh:

#35 gabuie

gabuie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Not classic

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

Let the person die because that dying person was breaking the law and now he was receiving a consequence for his action. The signboard was there to keep people out from the potential dangers :/

Bad people should not be saved ... :pif:

Um wat ok. But what if it was a blind person?! Or maybe someone who has some disability? Just because someone is breaking the law doesnt necessarily mean they're bad...people do it all the time but just never get caught

Edited by gabuie, 28 February 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#36 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:43 AM

Watching "Law Abiding Citizen" and "Vigilante" having a debate :heh:

Every man-made system including game have law and flaw alike, just deal with it :p_laugh:

#37 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

I'd LOVE if vending was disabled at Eden 2F. Also, chats at Eden 1F.

This please!

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

GL getting a high TI party

#39 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

Um wat ok. But what if it was a blind person?! Or maybe someone who has some disability? Just because someone is breaking the law doesnt necessarily mean they're bad...people do it all the time but just never get caught

Unfortunately, even a blind man will have to face the same judgement! Anyways I don't study laws but by one a common sense, people with complex disabilities are exceptions and of course are mostly pertained.

#40 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

At least move to kitchen for the chats :/

#41 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

so I partially agree with chakri. Even if there was a sign board for off limits that company would also make it hard for disable/impaired people to go in as well. I dont believe people are that incompetent to just make a sign board and say "woo golly no one will go in here IT HAS A SIGN" >.>.

So no if you break the law get punished simple in a perfect world thats how it goes.

Now lets say u help the person and save his/her life right? Yay u saved a human being but lets say a police shows up. See's you and that person get out of there. He has every right to arrest both of u and charged u, no matter the reason since u both trespassed. will you refute the charge cause u saved a life or will u accept it?

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 28 February 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#42 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

So it's okay to break the in game rules and skill abuse as long as what you believe what you're doing is right?

Maybe that's why there are players actually thinking it's okay to move afk alchemist or sheltering bliss afk people. Or even have players Stasising other parties because they just don't like them.

I really think you're missing the same point as the person earlier. It's against the rules.

Heyheyhey....

I only took my warlock into mid TI to stasis that party into submission because for 9 times in a row they come up to me, they KS my doram. I am clearly tanking the mob, i do not need your rangers and other things coming up and proceeding to KS me, and then when i keep warning them time and time again they still do it. 9 warnings, they had their chance.

#43 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:17 AM

Yeah. I get a lot of BS stuff happening all the time in my parties.

But I just move on because I know more mobs will spawn. I can understand why people can get upset and start ksing. I blame it on BMx3 timers since people justify ksing other players because they need to make BM timers.

In the end, it's not worth adding fuel to the fire. The person is playing RO and I wouldn't want the person to leave the game because of me.

Edited by Demeris, 28 February 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#44 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Dang, even game currency can change people! lel

#45 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

coming back to the original post....shouldn't most of this be avoided by not allowing vending if the cell is already ocupied?

anyway...it is very rude of the second (or third...) vendor to open a shop in a cell that is already ocupied even if it doesn't shows, coz things like this happens and the first person also gets moved unfairly  :p_sad:  

if you can't see the shop that means it opened after the one showing (at least it was like that when i tested it), therefore you shouldn't buy from it...at least for me that would be fair :pif:

#46 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yeah. I get a lot of BS stuff happening all the time in my parties.

But I just move on because I know more mobs will spawn. I can understand why people can get upset and start ksing. I blame it on BMx3 timers since people justify ksing other players because they need to make BM timers.

In the end, it's not worth adding fuel to the fire. The person is playing RO and I wouldn't want the person to leave the game because of me.

Can we call them Bad Manners X3 from now on?

#47 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

'-'.

let's disable everything. problem solved.

Edited by PIayboy, 09 March 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Disable iRO customizations and watch people suffer.

#49 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:35 AM

I experienced the same while vending in Eden 2F. I reported one character to RO support team. Then just wait for them to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users