Proposal to alter Fixed Cast Time reduction mechanism - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Proposal to alter Fixed Cast Time reduction mechanism

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Well as many of us already know, FCT in RO works a bit strangely. There are three noticeable issues:

1. FCT percentage reduction will not stack, instead it only takes the highest reduction from all gears/skills. 

Example: Radius and Sacrament will not stack and instead only Sacrament's 50% reduction is used.

How it should be: They will stack and will lead to 65%+ reduction(15% or more from Radius, 50% from Sacrament)

2. FCT percentage and time reduction stack, but in unfavorable way.

Example: For skill Comet(3 sec fix cast time), Temporal Dex Boots and Nidhoggur Shadow Card yield to a total of 1.25 sec FCT((3 - 0.5) * 0.5)

How it should be: They stack in favorable way, so the above scenario gives 1 sec FCT(3 * 0.5 - 0.5)

3. FCT reduction gears/cards are insufficient, they come as either MVP cards that are near impossible to get, or gears that yield only 3-7% reduction.

Example: Fenrir/Nidhoggur Shadow Card are nice but the price is in tens of billions, gears like Buwaya Agimat Tattoo wont reduce FCT enough to be valuable.

How it should be: Give us more choices for FCT reduction gears/cards, especially the ones for the middle-tier.

I think the introduction of FCT itself is a horrible idea, but now that it is already there and the mistake cannot be easily overturned, they should at least make it easier for FCT reduction to work. What do you think?

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

So basically you want to delete the fixed cast time mechanic? Just day what you mean!

I disagree with you either way, but at least you could be direct.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Lel is the same impression i got

#4 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Nope I didn't suggest that FCT should be removed. I don't like FCT, but I won't ask it to be deleted completely since it will break the game's balance and make certain classes overpowered. It will be whole new topic to discuss whether it should or should not be here anyway.

What I am proposing mainly is to alter how FCT reduction stacks up. The percentage reduction should be stackable(point 1), and the percentage reduction and time reduction should stack in more favorable way(point 2). As for adding more gears/cards(point 3), it's a nice to have thing but I can live without it.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 02 March 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

And with those things happening you essentially remove fixed cast time of almost everything, just using the correct tools.

For example, % being aplied before flat reduction. Sacrament+ temporal dex on Acid Bomb makes it instant cast.

Radius+ Sacrament+ few other fixed cast gears, like Buwaya Tattoo = instant cast.

Some % gears+ sacrament wich makes fixed cast fall under 0.5s+ temporal dex = instant cast.

Etc

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 March 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Actually, even with my proposal only a very small number of players will be able to remove FCT completely, either by owning billions of sent for gears or by forming a huge party for skills/buff. Also by stacking up FCT/VCT reduction gears/cards, you give up MATK and MDEF piercing. Most people would still try to find a perfect balance between damage output and casting time. Not mentioning there are other mechanics such as Cast Delay and Cooldown Time that will not make powerful skills un-spammable anyway.

With that being said, I am thinking that point 3 may go a bit too far, it can easily be a game breaker. I will take this one back, but I still believe point 1 and point 2 are good ideas, especially point 2. Yes with % being applied before flat reduction, Sacrament+ temporal dex on Acid Bomb makes it instant cast, but with only temporal dex you can already instant cast certain skills with 0.5 sec FCT right now. I fail to see where the problem is, this wont make every skill instantly castable anyway.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 02 March 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

You are not as experienced or your theory may need a lot more testing in my opinion. To me, the proposals you outlined would effectively remove fixed casting from characters as long as the player has a median income of sorts on iRO.

#8 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

You are not as experienced or your theory may need a lot more testing in my opinion. To me, the proposals you outlined would effectively remove fixed casting from characters as long as the player has a median income of sorts on iRO.

I see, you make a point. But anyway what is the 'median income' for players in iRO? I expect that my proposal will only remove FCT completely only if you have a few billion zeny, at least more than what it takes to remove VCT. Also to reduce FCT and VCT you will end up with lower damage/resistance, so in the end it will still need to be a good balance between output and cast time. Yeah it may needs a bit of testing, but I do believe at least point 2 should be taken into serious consideration.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 02 March 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Not really, in your proposal, with stacking for example, simply having Radius lv3(good int/dex) and sacrament yields 80%+ fixed cast reduction. Paired with temporal dex boots, wich is worth like 3m or less, you have insta on every WL Skill, wich are the longest fixed cast time skills.

Actually, a whole lot of skills would reach insta with sacrament stacking ln gear. Buwaya Tattoos are very cheap, two of those give 14%, 64%+ Puente robe= 67%. Any skill with 1.5s fixed cast time or less becomes insta with that combination+temp dex. And you really dont lose much, in terms of damage(if you lose at all), and it is super cheap.

#10 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

we missing the costume enchant for -.5 FCT and there is a enchant in bio5 for -.5 aswell

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

bio5 enchant goes from 0.1 to 1s reduction :v

#12 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Don't propose something that make the gaming experience far less challenging, even kRO as developer have been thinking about how to boost the game challenge further and make this worn-out game last for another decade to come :heh:

Your proposal basically kills one of the big challenges laid since the renewal mechanics being introduced :heh:

#13 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Kro already killed status affects, which in my opinion was one of the best things the game had to offer in any aspect and they just killed it off like a bad game of thrones actor. Either way I agree with kandy on this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users