Warlock's Recognized Spell: Lv.1 or Lv.5? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Warlock's Recognized Spell: Lv.1 or Lv.5?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

Warlock's Recognized Spell skill is very useful as it makes sure the magic attack will always deal maximum output. However, I am hesitating whether to leave it at lv.1 or to go higher to lv.5. The issue is with cooldown time, although higher level of this skill increases duration, it also increases cooldown time. I personally dont think it makes any logical sense for the increased cooldown time, but with the way it is we will have a touch decision to make.

At lv.1, the skill has 60 secs duration and only 50 secs cooldown, while at lv.5 it has 180 secs duration with 170 secs cooldown. On this aspect, lv.1 is actually more efficient, since casting it 3 times will lead to 180 secs duration and only 150 secs cooldown. Even adding in the cast time and after cast delay, it will be no more than 160 secs, still significantly shorter than the 170 secs cooldown for lv.5 recognized spells. It also frees up more skill points that can be used for other spells. However, Recognized Spell at lv.5 does have its advantage as you will not need to cast Recognized Spell again for considerably long time, while at lv.1 you have to cast Recognized Spell a lot more frequently, which can be problematic on maps with huge crowd of mobs, or in PVP maps.

So what do you think about this? Should Recognized Spell be fixed at lv.1, or should it be raised to higher levels? Both have pros and cons, and I am weighing the options.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Lv1 only. You just gotta rebuff more often but as long as it can stay up all time that's what matters.

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

The other thing to consider is that dying with Recognize Spell 5 is much more painful than with Recognize Spell 1. If you die immediately after using Recognize Spell and immediately respawn/res, you'd only have to wait 50 seconds to get level 1 back, but you'd need 170 seconds to get 5 back.

#4 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Recognize 1, the others just do the same, only thing is the recast thing, but you just get used, WLs has too many skills to waste that many points on the same effect anyway. Also what Itachi said is true, lvl 1 has a better refresh time.

And actually is not a problem, one of the micromanagment things you have to do with your WL, i leveled with lvl 1 and i run a variety number of instances the same way, my 140 has it at lvl 1 and my 175 has the same xD i have played woe with my WL and never run out of it. And you also free 4 skill points :o wich is a lot, so max drain life instead hahahahaha

joke...im a fan of that skill tho lul (for PVM only)

Edited by Sewasan, 02 March 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#5 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

I became a fan also after watching the replays of people using it. My pocket can take a break from slims thanks to it

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

I see, thanks for the reply guys, I will leave it at lv.1 then. I wonder though, how useful is Freezing Spell. I heard that lv.4 or even lv.3 should be enough to store 2 Comet/Tetra Vortex, so its unnecessary to max it at lv.5, is this correct?

#7 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Only if you want further slots for other spells, let's say you have it at lvl 4 and you have enough slots to store 4 Crimson Rocks but you're missing only 3 mind slots for a 5th, you could get it to lvl 5 so you could get 4 mind slots and be able to further store CR

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

I got mine to level two just for the sake that i am abit more lazy with keeping up buffs. That is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users