March Mythology Community Costume Contest - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March Mythology Community Costume Contest

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello Roserians!

For this months Costume Design Contest, we want you to create costumes based on the legends found throughout various parts of the world. Have you ever wanted your characters to wear the gauntlets of Hercules or the winged boots of Hermes? Did you want to see your characters transformed into a snake haired Gorgon, or wearing the feathered cloak of Freyja? Craft a costume based on one of the mighty heroes, monsters or giants of legends!

March Theme: Mythology

Submissions

Entries can be hand drawn, created with a tablet and image editing software, or 3-D models.  Make sure to include any colors that you concept for your costume design if its an original design. Costume designs should include both a male and female version. Make sure to also include the name of your costume and include your in game name with your entry. 

Costume designs must be the creation of the players submitting the entry. They should also match the current monthly theme. While a design may be inspired by others artwork, costumes that are not the creation of the players submitting the entry or have only been slightly modified off another artists designs will be disqualified.  ** 

* In addition to the normal costume designs, we will be accepting stand alone back costume designs. Back item designs, such as bat  wings or jetpacks, should also fit the monthly theme, but are not required to be part of an entire costume.

Results

This contest will run from 03/02/2017 – 03/30/2017. The ROSE Team will pick the winning costume to be created in game and the winners will be announced the following week.

Prize

The player who submits the costume that is chosen will not only receive that costume in game once it is created, but will be given 1000 IM Points! Winners also are able to choose if they would like their name to appear on the costume description to be immortalized forever for their concept in game. If you wish for your name to be on the costume 
description, we will request that you let us know in a pm once the contest is complete and the winners have been announced.

*If you have an idea for a future theme you would like to see implemented, just send me a PM and let me know! In addition, costume designs that do not fit this theme are welcome in this section as well, all costume designs are looked at by the ROSE Team for consideration to be used for future designs.

** Please know that costumes that have been lifted from other artists (such as artists found on deviantart), even if you change the colors or add your own designs to them will not qualify unless you have received that artists approval and can provide proof of that approval. We have been receiving more costumes that have been lifted from other artists, in the future posts containing another artists work, or designs from another game will be removed from this thread. 

#2 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Great theme, however would like to see a weapon (including shields and whatnot) creation contest for once.

#3 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

can we also submit weapon costumes? and maybe for the weapons also maybe add exp/drop chance..

#4 Joedsues

Joedsues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSea of dawn
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Let there be spin weap costume too

#5 Joedsues

Joedsues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSea of dawn

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

Costume name: Royal Deities

IGN: Palacy

lmao_zpstjmsr3g9.png

(FITTING:)
Spoiler

Edited by Joedsues, 13 March 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#6 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

I agree in that; weapons and shield Drop/Exp, more spin more spend in the game

#7 AyaR

AyaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

That would be a cool idea though

But for clerics and Knights they would have to wear the wand/sword With the matching offhand item to get the 25/50 exp and drop

#8 xOwenKim

xOwenKim

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:Tweety
  • LocationMars
  • Server:Sea Cancer

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

17321436_1255904431190957_1944381275_n_z

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

But for clerics and Knights they would have to wear the wand/sword With the matching offhand item to get the 25/50 exp and drop

Why? 

#10 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

in a Knight maybe but cleric?

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

Wow, you guys are really hatin on Knights right now.... I mean seriously, forcing them to pay more for a spin set to get the same bonus you get. Talk about greedy xD 

#12 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:14 AM

i love mi Knight xD ist my main, If it goes out for the shield i don't complain at all

#13 Joedsues

Joedsues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSea of dawn

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

I think it'd be better if weap costume only instead of considering shields/magictools etc?????

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

i love mi Knight xD ist my main, If it goes out for the shield i don't complain at all

Oh, then maybe if I make costumes instead of doing a 1 Handed weapon or xBow, I'll just make shield and offhand and we can skip the weapon costume for Knights, just go with offhands then, it'd definitely be easier. 

#15 AyaR

AyaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

Wow, you guys are really hatin on Knights right now.... I mean seriously, forcing them to pay more for a spin set to get the same bonus you get. Talk about greedy xD 

But its the same thing as saying oh.. u have to pay more for a +15 shield and weapon So.....? 

same for clerics 

If u chose that class i think its kinda obvious u need to spent different amounts of zulie on different classes 

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

But NOT when it comes to IM. That's where I draw the line. As an artist and as a player. 

#17 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

March Theme: Mythology

Costume Name: Mythical U N Me

In-game Name: Maartee

Midnight_Mythf.jpg

Midnight_Mythm.jpg

:lv:  :dotdotdot:  :go:  :go:  :go:

#18 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

This is my old design but i'll send it again as an entry.. I have 50+ different wings in my storage..I'm so sick of wings wings wings that i need a new look..

Back Item

Costume name: Woodntpack1 and 2

IGN: Maartee

backl.jpg

:lv:  :dotdotdot:  :rice:

Edited by AkoSiMaartee, 23 March 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#19 eewood08

eewood08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

IGN: 3merraLd

CN: WarHeroes

Legendz.jpg

Male

1a Body front

1b Body back

2 head

3 arms

4 boots

Female

5a Body front

5b Body back

6 head

7 arms

8 boots

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

You guys do understand what mythology is right? Like, Thor? Odin, Zeus, Osiris? Anubis?? I haven't seen anything that's IRL or in-game mythology related... c'mon guys, I had hoped for more from this theme seeing as I proposed it.... 

<snip>

Edited by Dragonlark, 28 March 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#21 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

I agree with Feuer, I was so excited to see all the entries for this month's costume contest! but looking at the entries so far, only one costume fits the theme. We'll see how it goes, I may or may not join this.  :hmm:

EDIT: I just remembered Feuer's entry for our very first Costume Contest! the Minotaur! now THAT! that is mythology!

~~~~! Feuer's Work !~~~~~

2wpv2wx.png

Source: https://forums.warpp...ostume-contest/

Edited by lala09, 26 March 2017 - 11:23 PM.

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

Believe it or not, they actually HAVE that costume. I was given IM points for it and everything, but for some reason they've yet to add it in. 

#23 phatong

phatong

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

IGN: Flowerofprincess

costume name: Tranditional

xerdqg.jpg

#24 AkoSiMaartee

AkoSiMaartee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

You guys do understand what mythology is right? Like, Thor? Odin, Zeus, Osiris? Anubis?? I haven't seen anything that's IRL or in-game mythology related... c'mon guys, I had hoped for more from this theme seeing as I proposed it.... 

<Snip>

Ahh, sorry, should I explain my design? In our country, the myth story isn't always wearing a metal armours or having horns on head or wearing sexy tapestry..I guess, each country have diffrent genre. And clothes also differ when the country is conservative or not.

Well, my design is inspired from a beautiful fairy of the mountain which any human stranger who would find that fairy will magically fall inlove ..

It was well known to be a myth in our country. For us, it is well known to be as Diwata or an example to be specific is a fairy naming Maria Makiling, a Fairy that guarding and protecting a magical/ mystical/ mythical/enchanted/etc mountain and also its forest. It was most describe to be fairly-breath takingly beautiful, and that's how i imagined the clothes to be. To copy a description of appearance from google, it says: in most tales, it is her radiant clothing which makes people who have seen her think that perhaps they just saw a wisp of cloud through the trees and mistook it for Maria(more radiantly at night). 

Now, w/ the texture and colors, I am disappointingly sorry for having a same shade w/ other entries.. however, i always try to make my design original.. I made a research, reading, thinking and plan before i draw those.. Once again, its my design that I incorporate some details over it.

When it comes to the rewards: I would like that idea of yours even we all know winners are too few and most likely it favors to yours, but the truth for me, i desperately want to design even using a basic application..It is somehow my stress reliever.. I find it fun to join on these events, but this time i'll pretend i wasn't discouraged at all.. I just want to be useful, is it wrong to share my own idea? I also want to design what i wanted to wear on my character in counts to the theme, ofcourse. Do you think the reward is much profitable using your skills, efforts and talent? 

Also, mountain fairies doesn't always wear barks or leaves, the clothes depends on the country originated of the story. I was thinking this is okey, since it was stated up above:  to create costumes based on the legends found throughout various parts of the world. I assume my country is also a part of that so called world.

I don't just draw a line and curves w/o thinking, every design i sent had always a meaning and an inspiration from. Sorry if my design is too critical for you to understand. Maybe not all people have same tastes but I always respect differences, thank you.

Edited by Dragonlark, 28 March 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#25 Brreezzyhill8

Brreezzyhill8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

i for one would dig on excalibur 2handed sword bigger than the christmas sword i have.

i dont know how to draw though so anyone? :)

and make it look cool and badass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users