Power Swing Build Questions - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Power Swing Build Questions

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

I agree with the EA > FS Statement for the Boots. At the end, a spammable PS does good damages with Axes because of the Axe Boom proc.
So he will most likely use PS with a 2 Hander, not with a Pile Bunker P/S + Shield.

Thats why I think a bit more Investment into VIT and AGI would make more sense then that super high amount of DEX.

But okay, I think this discussion is more about pure Damage for that skill and the upcoming Nightmare Bio Labs Headgear.

#27 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

Im excited to wear that hat and get this PS boost around 45k+ dmg. Heheh

#28 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

I think with 80 agi you can sport very high ASPD with a  2handed axe, enough to optimize your DPS given the aftercast delay reduction currently possible (assuming no kiel cards). This is especially true if you are using the supplemental STR part as it can afford some very nice ASPD enchants. 

#29 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

Thing is with HF and adrenaline rush, you'll be at a super great aspd already even with not crazy high agi. Since the combo for axe boom only demands 1acc and armor you can put a bako on the other slot. Then aspd wings, berserk pot, celermine, etc. Axe mechs have it really easy on aspd.

#30 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

It is, and that's why I like about this class. Easy to reach high ASPD. For now, i will try to get my upgrade - engine to +9. I think i read somewhere that PS is good when you are able to reach 67% reducs. I will try and see how it goes :heh:  I try to get aspd enchant on the supplement part str, but i stop for a while after it fails at second enchant. :p_swt:  luckily it is not at 3rd enchant. I wanna try pilebunker s for the extra delay reducs, my last pilebunker broke :pif: 

I agree with the EA > FS Statement for the Boots. At the end, a spammable PS does good damages with Axes because of the Axe Boom proc.
So he will most likely use PS with a 2 Hander, not with a Pile Bunker P/S + Shield.

Thats why I think a bit more Investment into VIT and AGI would make more sense then that super high amount of DEX.

But okay, I think this discussion is more about pure Damage for that skill and the upcoming Nightmare Bio Labs Headgear.

yeah, i will consider the stats again.

one more thing, does shattering striker good? SInce i'm using PS, i think I gonna throm away HSCR :hmm:

#31 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Pile Bunker S gives ASPD, not After Cast Delay redux.

If your Spam with PS is good, you wont Need HSCR.
So many positive effects then for you.
- No Zeny spended per attack, You dont Need to Keep your Cart with 8000 weight with crappy Items to fill it, you do not Need to fully rebuff yourself, if dispelled while combat (like MVP)

Didnt tried Shatter with PS. Monsters die to fast with that Axe Boom proc :P
If you have spare Points then... grab it, why not?

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

The effect is quite meh on pvm tho, very little reduction.

#33 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

wait what :omg: I knew it something was not right with pilebunker s. I don't know why the descriptions says cast delay. I noticed it gives aspd when I wear two different pilebunker, and pile bunker s give me a slight increase in aspd. damn it. why so many misleading item description for mecha stuff :pif: 

well for the shattering strike, I'm wondering about that because there a kRO mechanic use it. not sure why :hmm:  and i just notice that kRO don't have HSCR :p_swt:

#34 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

when it procs it causes a minimal def%/atk% reduction on the monster. (like 15~25%)

#35 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

so not that good? I usually saw the kRO players use it with AT, maybe with high damage skill, they might be viable. I will check it afterwards.

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

Not that its useless or super usefull. It's like using poison enchant on GX to fight neutral mobs. If it procs poison on them they get a minimal def reduction(25% i think) but it's not anything game changing and you can not do it and not notice a difference.

#37 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Please correct me.. PS and Axe boomerang have different cast delays?

I use PS and I can cast Axe boomerang after.. 1sec cast delay of powerswing not finished yet.. i have agi 1. Low aspd

I tried searching in irowiki. It says that axe boomerang does have 1 sec cast delay but when i tried it... it really doesnt have the 1sec cast delay.

Edited by AllenR, 13 April 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#38 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

well actually... it is easy to detect if it has cast delay just by looking at your hot-keyed skills. if you see all your skills block then it has cast delay.

Axe Boomerang don't have cast delay but do have cooldown on the other hand Power Swing have cast delay but no cooldown...

#39 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

I made another axe mechanic just to have fun with the Power swing build, im sure with the Old Driver band the damage is now viable. Hello Rio

#40 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

here is what i have atm.

HG: +9Vanargand (Planning to get the odb)

MID: Sunnies (Planning to get a new wave sunnies)

LOW: MobScarf

Armor: +9Supplement Str Neutresist5

Weapon: +11GiantAxe[1] FS10

Garment: +9ShooterUpgradePart EA 2 and EA 1

Shoes: Temporal Str FS BP

ACC1: Fairy Leaf Powder

ACC2: Nimble Supplement DEX

at the moment I got 45% cast delay reduction which has a decent demage with proc.

#41 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

here is what i have atm.

at the moment I got 45% cast delay reduction which has a decent demage with proc.

Try 2x arq necklace bro.

#42 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

you may want to stack for axe boomerang setup also, since if you can spam power swing at ASPD speeed, you can do axe boomerang autocast more than once per second.

#43 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:26 AM

here is what i have atm.

Wow, that's look pretty neat. Now I just need to look upon some of the stuff of the OCPs. Man, I don't have time for now to test the build after bio5 (college life), but I do however see the damage of power swing with ODB (got accessed to it). I would say that kind of boost a lot for power swing (30k~50k depending on monster element because I use Tornado Axe at this time). Only need delay reduction. Can I know how FLP works for this build?

#44 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:59 AM

Fairy Leaf Powder

Powder made from a fairy leaf tree. The quality of the powder is fantastic.
Class: Accessory
Weight: 40
Required Level: 90
Required Jobs: All Jobs
Dex + 2
Reduces the cast delay of skills by 5%.
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 2%.
Enables Level 3 Magnum Break.
If the users base Dex is 100 or higher,
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by an additional 5%.
Set Bonus
Expert Archer1
Fairy Leaf Power
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 5%.
Set Bonus
Expert Archer2
Fairy Leaf Power

it gives me extra 5% cast delay reduc and range dmg instead of getting 2 Supplement dex sir.. The only condition is to atleast have an EA2 and EA1 in your gear.

since i decided to build a full Power Swing mechanic i am planning to get 120 dex and str..

#45 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

Fairy Leaf Powder

Powder made from a fairy leaf tree. The quality of the powder is fantastic.
Class: Accessory
Weight: 40
Required Level: 90
Required Jobs: All Jobs
Dex + 2
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 2%.
Enables Level 3 Magnum Break.
If the users base Dex is 100 or higher,
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by an additional 5%.
Set Bonus
Expert Archer1
Fairy Leaf Power
Set Bonus
Expert Archer2
Fairy Leaf Power

it gives me extra 5% cast delay reduc and range dmg instead of getting 2 Supplement dex sir.. The only condition is to atleast have an EA2 and EA1 in your gear.

since i decided to build a full Power Swing mechanic i am planning to get 120 dex and str..

Wow that's nice. So Upgrade Part can be enchanted with EA1/2...Ok gonna hit the verus enchanter to get one. Looks like I need to sell some couple of stuff to get that FLP. And would you share a vid of you using power swing? and how many PS could get in 1-2 sec against boss? If you like, I can lend you my ODB for test run :heh:

#46 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

ODB is an account bound item right? my aspd is around 190. And i am from thor server, i dunno if this info would help you but the bottom line here is power swing build is a very fun to build now. Spamming it not a dream anymore hehe! ill try to make a video. I will pm you for other questions ok?

against charleston 3 would be around 16-18k. Imagine if we got the +10 or 12 ODB, it would be around 45k+(sorry i suck to do math)  same as knuckle boost with the chance of axe boomerang proc dealing higher damge cz of the supplement + 2x step card on the weapon. (mineworker's pickaxe)

#47 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

ODB is an account bound item right? my aspd is around 190. And i am from thor server, i dunno if this info would help you but the bottom line here is power swing build is a very fun to build now. Spamming it not a dream anymore hehe! ill try to make a video. I will pm you for other questions ok?

against charleston 3 would be around 16-18k. Imagine if we got the +10 or 12 ODB, it would be around 45k+(sorry i suck to do math)  same as knuckle boost with the chance of axe boomerang proc dealing higher damge cz of the supplement + 2x step card on the weapon. (mineworker's pickaxe)

Ah shoot, I forgot about that account bound thingy and you're from different server also a bummer. oh well, but yeah a video would awesome. I still collecting some feedbacks and advices about my axe tornado build. Really looking forward to get true howard. And I always wondering about PS capability after bio5 but don't have much time to test it due to college. :wah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users