Why are there high level monsters everywhere? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why are there high level monsters everywhere?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Okay so I just decided to play this game today and there are just monsters outside every town that instantly 1 hit you and kill you.

What is the purpose of this nonsense? Is there any real reason to have these in maps just outside prontera or payon?

Who does this benefit?

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

If you run into high level mobs where they shouldn't be please report the map in this thread.

Most of the times they come from Dead Branches, Bloody Branches, polymorph or Amulets.

#3 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

This is ridiculous, it seems to happen everyday at 5am GMT. I was told players are summoning these monsters to stop low level bots. But it's really destructive behavior to new players like myself. Isn't anything going to be done about this?

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

This has been an ongoing debate since Dead Branches and Bloody Branches were put into the game ages ago. The items aren't going away so your only option is to invest in a lot of Fly Wings and hotkey them so you can quickly tap away when you spot one of those summoned monsters. (I have mine hotkeyed onto "O" for "oh ****!")

#5 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:48 AM

Or type /q2 and hotkeyed your fly wing into F7/F8, if the monster come simply scroll your wheel mouse

#6 Tercanum

Tercanum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Oh I mean i get the items aren't going away, why should they? But they aren't limited to maps of monsters with equivalent levels? That's what surprises me more.

#7 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

This has been an ongoing debate since Dead Branches and Bloody Branches were put into the game ages ago. The items aren't going away so your only option is to invest in a lot of Fly Wings and hotkey them so you can quickly tap away when you spot one of those summoned monsters. (I have mine hotkeyed onto "O" for "oh ****!")

or the GM can perm the ppl who keep doing this.

#8 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

Oh I mean i get the items aren't going away, why should they? But they aren't limited to maps of monsters with equivalent levels? That's what surprises me more.

Nope.  Dead Branches can summon any normal mob, from any map.

Amulets summon any undead mob from any map.

Blood Branches summon MvP's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users