Patch Notes 03/08/2017 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 03/08/2017 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#26 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

The server maintenance is complete at this time! Thank you for your patience everyone!

#27 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

why nerf all of this to the ground when the obvious solution to the mage problem was always dodge.

adding a healthy (limited) amount of dodge and suddenly we would have build changes, mages would focus on healing or would have to invest into a bit of aim (would not be a useless stat like it is now) and ninjas would be happy and useful again. #make agility great again

#28 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

Watch the video, it is all explained in there very well.

Short answer: technical limitations of the game itself

#29 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Watch the video, it is all explained in there very well.

Short answer: technical limitations of the game itself

yes, i know. I watched the video.

just occurred to me to mention dodge, because dodge/aim used to be a viable stat and just thought if you can make other stats work should prolly make this one too..

Edited by sigeel, 08 March 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#30 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

yes, i know. I watched the video.

just occurred to me to mention dodge, because dodge/aim used to be a viable stat and just thought if you can make other stats work should prolly make this one too..

aim and evade has some "trouble". There is a problem that the so-called "summoned skills" formula is completely ruined. That is why I got it slightly to work in PvE but not in PvP so far. But I am not giving up on that matter. Just have a lot of things on my plate right now.

#31 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

The thing that I've never liked with Evade Rate was the fact that it gave you a random chance to dodge an attack that could be decesive. On top of that, some classes, such as Mage doesn't have a 100 % chance of freezing, which would make catching filled with RNG over RNG but we'll see how it goes if it ever meant to be used again in the future.

#32 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

For the attack speed, after some test i dont see any change for me from 300 to 270 on my invoker, i wonder why. i know my PC spec are high but normal i see a difference from 30 point. It like my character dint even get affected by the AS cap. :p_devil:

'' PS i mean befor and after the patch''

Edited by zirothos, 08 March 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#33 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

For the attack speed, after some test i dont see any change for me from 300 to 270 on my invoker, i wonder why. i know my PC spec are high but normal i see a difference from 30 point. It like my character dint even get affected by the AS cap. :p_devil:

'' PS i mean befor and after the patch''

You have an above average pc so in non-laggy scenarios you might not be hit as much.

Attack Speed is one part stat, another part graphical lag.

#34 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

*Salty was hoping for 450 and 300  got 400 and 270*
Rant's on. wut do i do i'll probably already have 400ms and 270atkspd when i log back in, should i stack more cr and cd if they ever plan on releasing the cap...

#35 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I find this pretty hilarious to be honest, a hard cap! I'm sure it'll be good for the game but this could've been done much better. This just eats away a lot one major aspect of the game, which is gearing.

Edited by Precrush, 08 March 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#36 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

(...) there always would have been an additional hard cap at the exact same values.

#37 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

I still find it unfair that players will lagwalk even with mspd capped at 400 or less just because of where they live and get away freely.

#38 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

(...) there always would have been an additional hard cap at the exact same values.

Alright, I find it funny that there's just a hard cap after that thread from before. Further changes to scaling with a softcap or which ever way would've made people even slower on average, which you'd think would be resulting in even less problems. And you could've still built ms.

Obviously some people wouldn't have been happy with that because it would've made them slower, even though they still would've relatively become much faster when compared to how much faster ms stackers were before.

But meh, this'll do and I trust it helps the game. On the atk speed side I don't really have any problems with this since the cap is pretty high. If the atk speed of "x-spam classes" is limited to 270 just because of the damage though, that I don't agree with at least as a permanent solution. I think the dmg issue should be dealt with directly, and this 30% cap doesn't even make a noticable difference there. But guess it'll be fine too, for now atleast.

#39 zeroskyes2

zeroskyes2

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

just figured I'd put this out there but for some reason on my invoker it doesn't show the max limit of the attack speed like it does for the rest of my chars after the patch, not sure if it's a bug or something but I'm not able to go over 200% on my invoker in general just yet anyway so I don't know if it just appears later on or something or if it's just me that this is happening to etc.

Edited by zeroskyes2, 09 March 2017 - 12:20 AM.

#40 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

I still find it unfair that players will lagwalk even with mspd capped at 400 or less just because of where they live and get away freely.

Popcorn's mentioned this b4 but mspeed was never meant to go past 200 hence y people r still lag walking.

#41 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

I fully agree to this. Sadly the biggest advantage of people playing from all around the world is the biggest disadvantage at the same time. This problem does exist on any MMO there is without regional servers. Dragon Saga has neither the resources nor the amount of players from specific regions which would legitimate setting up regional servers. With regional servers preventing the usage of lag walk on purpose would be a lot easier. We are aware of the fact that some are doing that on purpose because this is one of a few things left which have not been fixed yet. But we are still working on solutions for every single known abuse/exploit there is.  
Anyways if you have a video of people you think they're doing it on purpose please send it over to me by PM. We will review it and the GM team will take necessary actions if needed. I need to mention that no one will be facing actions who is not clearly guilty.

just figured I'd put this out there but for some reason on my invoker it doesn't show the max limit of the attack speed like it does for the rest of my chars after the patch, not sure if it's a bug or something but I'm not able to go over 200% on my invoker just yet anyway so I don't know if it just appears later on or something or if it's just me that this is happening to etc.

I can confirm this happening for the Priest. It will be fixed in a short maintenance today.

#42 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

There it is ! Going to see how it is in game when I go back home. But I guess that it's not really a bad thing for me since I play on a low specs laptop, I just hope that this MS cap will prevent people from "lag-walking" and running while being supposed to be frozen or stunned.

Though, still waiting for the classes balancing, I hope it's gonna be great and that every class will have its own role in a party or in a groupped PvP. I think that the development team should do the same as they did for this issue : asking for the community's point of view and taking it into account.

#43 Miimii5

Miimii5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

so...everything is gonna be that expensive from now on?

#44 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

Is it possible to make the MS cap for non-agile classes a bit lower than the agile ones since with the current cap being 400 for all classes will mean that classes such as mages will be even harder to run away from since you can't outrun them. They already have a problem with their client sided freeze and wizards will be able to slow the agile classes so they even have more than them. In my opinion this will lead to them being too broken but we'll just have to wait and see if this is the case. If they are too broken with the current cap, the side of the community who doesn't play mages will probably make a post about it sooner or later. I'd suggest they have 300-350 cap instead and agile ones have 400.

Edited by Yuumikitsu, 09 March 2017 - 06:34 AM.

#45 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

Yeah sorcerers are so broken please nerf

#46 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

I had a conversation with a staff member already about this and i got told there wont be a cap for both of it before there is an actual balance. Since this cap happened, i have lost all my trust in the words from the staff

FORUM.png

The text says translated : "That doesnt mean, that we just cap Attack- and Movementspeed before we do a real class balance.
Just that you know and that no false rumors appear.
Right now there are no concrete plans, just different thoughts to achieve a balance."

Also the User were tried to gather some information about a year ago for the weird Damage calculations(https://forums.warpp...g-skills/page-2). We sure did get a result from the Staff, but what happened so far?? Nothing. All that happened was the "new" Arcadia patch. the "" are used because some parts of it like the city and the story line are just used, they were in it already, you could at least have checked all the story texts and change the "Skygarden" into "Arcadia City" The socket system may be new, we have no certain information about this but since this happened i doubt all the staff ever told us about "new" stuff they wanna do and about new stuff they wanna do.

AND YES THIS IS CRITIC TO THE STAFF BECAUSE YOU LIE TO US.

#47 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Now my Critics to the amount of Attackspeed cap.

To make this clear i am not against one.

But i want to make this clear, Why do you cap the classes with an already really short attackspeed animation at only 30% below the class with the longest attack animation. I mean Overlord Attack animation is like 3 to 4 times longer than the Summoner Attack Animation. If you wanna make it a good cap, cap those short animation classes lower!!

This is only just more a nerf to those who have a longer attack animation, especially for the overlords since the Overlord is most usefull with attackspeed and his stun chaincombo.

You cant just set such a cap without thinking about the real facts.

My suggestions are to divide PvE and PvP caps and set the cap depending on the amount of time the animation actually takes (the shorter the animation the lower the cap). 

#48 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Still adjusting to these asp/msp caps but I'm liking it so far since everyone can catch up to eachother

#49 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

I heard of this issue rarely, but it's not happening because of the maintenance. It seems to be the same issue as for the "With the power of love" buff falling down to Lv. 1

So they don't fix this? I wish I noticed when it went away. I had it since the wedding thing was opened.

#50 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Is the atk speed of cleric, summoner and destroyer limited to 270 (instead of 300) because of technical or balance reasons? I'd like an answer on this, just for future reference. Cause I don't think these caps should be used as a mean of balancing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users