I want to make a royal guard for fun - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I want to make a royal guard for fun

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

I want something really flashy and hilariously awesome looking.

Was thinking like something like an auto cast reflect damage build for maximum flashyness.

Can someone point me in the right direction about maybe a support RG that can do auto cast stuff for maximum lols?  I was thinking sacrifice with reflect stuff to duo with a friend.  Any suggestions for gear and skill build?

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:03 AM

GC spam is the most flashy one

#3 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:15 AM

anything gear recommendations?  Was thinking of that randell card or whatever for hilarious amount of potion spam.

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

Nothing beats imperial combo for GC. Nothing!!!

#5 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

if i sac someone and use shield reflect, will the damage they take cause reflect damage?  And if it does will it auto cast?

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

yes if you have shield reflect on (the sader skill), this will transfer to the person you are sac'ing, and therefore they will reflect damage back when being hit. You cannot autocast anything through the sac'ed person from what i know, i could be wrong. But I know for sure if you get buffs while being hit, such as Loli Ruri card, Divine Guard Helm, Geographer card, effects that happen for yourself when taking physical damage will occur. I tested this out with my Divine Guard Helm, it allowed me to proc my level 10 heal onto myself even though it was the sac'ed person taking the hits from the mobs.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

If you sac someone their reflect autocasts will proc, altho they still receive no damage. I used to do that with some friends, where they would stack damage and autocast gears and i'd be the living potion basically.

If you want to go full into reflect autocast i recomend to get a big variety of those. Elemental Sword despite the many autocasts it provides has a very low matk, making all your damage weaker. The best option for damage would be a very high refined rwc knife+unslotted rwc pendant. If you dont want to be stuck with that accessory you can use a high refined Faceworm Queen Leg[2], it has an ok matk, is lv4, and got some autocasts itself(chance on hit to transform into faceworm queen, while transformed has a high chance on hit to cast Earthquake1). You can abuse of aoe spells, like Fireball autocast, coz RG version of reflect despite having a hit count, and chance to reflect, it will reflect each attack to everything on a 5x5 aoe around the user, meaning 1 attack can result into like 10+ reflect hits, each of these can proc the items. Also this reflect counts separately from reflect% gear, if you wear a Mask of Hero for example(1% reflect) you can proc on a single attack from a monster both the mask reflect and the skill reflect, resulting in 2 "hits".

RG has a lot of potential on reflect leving, the only "issue" is that in most cases to be really effective you have to pot your way with it.

#8 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

I want something really flashy and hilariously awesome looking.

Was thinking like something like an auto cast reflect damage build for maximum flashyness.

Can someone point me in the right direction about maybe a support RG that can do auto cast stuff for maximum lols?  I was thinking sacrifice with reflect stuff to duo with a friend.  Any suggestions for gear and skill build?

Auto cast reflect levelling is flashy but not practical. (Pre-balance, this build was godly)

​Once its luster dies down, it could end up being a wasted investment. I personaly discourage support RGs as i find them basically slaves. However, if supporting is really your thing then I really can't say anything further.

​Spear type RG is fun for me and is also very inexpensive. It's a great farmer.

#9 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

yea reflect builds eat a ton of sp versus the amount of dmg it puts out now =/ but like he said ^^^^ it used to be insane im sure there are videos of it before the nerf reflect builds on youtube

Edited by BoyAtlas, 09 March 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#10 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Anyone got any good builds for overbrand + sac combo?   Gonna stick with that since it seems the most noob friendly.

I'm guessing imperial set for weapon/shield?  Probably going to default HBK and AA glasses.

Any particular gears i need to pick up?

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

If you were still going GC, it is best to GC in banding together with another RG at least, the remarkable difference with just two RG's with your lvl 5 banding is no joke. It is still fine and acceptable to solo it yourself, me, silviana, RaohSing and possibly Ash will provide as much clarity on this still very esoteric skill as you progress. Currently have made a female RG because................(licks lips) for GC and autoreflection.

Although Reflect damage has a terrible limitation to the skill, it is completely worth still using it when the mob is 6+, any smaller and Shield Reflect would be the better option.

#12 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

High vit/str, some dex for OB/Sac build.  You can get either sp/hp leeching gears or HP increasing/Atk gears depending who you are partying with.

For weapons, an enchanted Hunting spear if you're only using OB, an Imperial spear if you're using OB and Cannon Spear or a Malicious Thanatos spear(need lvl 120) is great for hp/sp leeching(and it has vit +6).

Edited by Aizenath, 11 March 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

High refined crimson spear is great for OB dmg in general. Brocca is very good for high def monsters, specially if they are neutral

#14 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Is GC actually viable past 100?  I was under the impression that it wasn't that high damage output compared to some of the 3rd class skills.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Its viable, but just not recommended and is very expensive to gear up to do respectable damage, as well as needing proper stat oversight.

#16 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

I'd rather not go for expensive gears if I'm not sure if I'm going to love playing the class or not.  Can you give a sample gear set that I should be looking into?

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Best leveling combo I think is Cannon spear/OB combo. Used to use this long time ago and it worked wonderfully. With better gears now, it should be much easier and more fun to play. Can add Moon slasher if the combo is not enough to take down mobs.

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

reflect build is still totally viable.

#19 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Grand Cross is like a secret Tip from experienced RG Players.
In PVM it is really a helluva skill !! You just Need to know, how to sustain, stay alive and how to properly Combo.

Dont forget this little fact in your Ambition: GC is uninteruptable. Use this Information wisely. ;) 

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

And another vital information for GC. The hitbox is still bugged on iRO(heck it was fixed only few months ago on kRO, ever since the class release)

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

And another vital information for GC. The hitbox is still bugged on iRO(heck it was fixed only few months ago on kRO, ever since the class release)

Well lets not pick at them about it at least it got the fix before i quit.

#22 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

So, that RG in low TI wearing costume classic ribbon with blush is Marty? Dang! Seeing that made me wanted to make a female RG.

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:42 AM

So, that RG in low TI wearing costume classic ribbon with blush is Marty? Dang! Seeing that made me wanted to make a female RG.

If that RG stole your mobs and you were a ranger, yes it was me, take that you arrow storm arsewipe :)

No, it was accident, please believe me. Love you lots ChaoticRK my dear.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 16 March 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#24 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

OP Frabela Flay Arkun, I never thought it's marty all along :heh:

#25 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Wait.....how do you know that is me!?! I dont remember revealing my Girl RG name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users