Need help building my Ninja/Kagerou - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help building my Ninja/Kagerou

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 celevinogomesiro

celevinogomesiro

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Hello everyone.

As said in the title, I need help building a Ninja/Kagerou.

After a very long time without playing RO in general, I decided to start again on iRO with a friend.

The problem is: I don't have much. Have been playing with a Hunter, but I would like to play something else when bored.

While looking for a new character, I noticed that every melee class is quite expensive and I don't want to spend much in order to be effective, also I would have to worry with my precision against a few MvP (Agi Up). Actually, my focus is PvE and MvP only, and I really don't worry about PvP and WoE.

Well, since melee classes are expensive, I decided to go with a spellcaster because I won't have to worry about elemental damage (endow, converter, critical, etc). The thing is: I don't know if Kagerou is a good class for PvE and MvP. I also don't know if it's capable of performing really well without spending much. If it's not, I would like a new recommendation, if possible. But if it's, then how should I play Ninja/Kagerou? As spellcaster? Or should I go for a throwing build? Which has the most benefit? Which can be build on a budget?

Basically, I want to know if Kagerou is a good class if I don't have much to spend. If it is, should I play with a spellcaster or throwing build? Remember that my focus is PvE content and also MvP (solo/duo with my friend).

And last but not least, I would really appreciate any info about itemization.

Thank you in advance.

Cya.

#2 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, Ninja classes are the lords of PvM. Gear wise they shouldn't be too bad, if you have a Hunter or any well-leveled class prior to having made a Ninja you should be fine. My recommendation is not to make a Kage if you want to focus on the magic build. Kage are best for throwing and later on, melee and WoE.

#3 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Oboro is better for magic and hence DPS, but are also much more expensive to gear.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Oboro is better for any type of damage

#5 celevinogomesiro

celevinogomesiro

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:14 AM

So basically throwing type is cheaper than a magic type and still pretty strong? Alright then.

How should I stat my build? And skill tree? What equipment should I buy?

Is throwing type good for farming low TI?

Thank you everyone for answering my post :)

#6 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

If you look around the Expanded Classes part of the forum you should be able to find some pretty good information regarding builds, stats, equipment, ect. It'll look ancient, but alot of it is still pretty good.

A few notes:

-If you go throwing build, it's a good idea to get Dagger Throwing Practice as a Ninja. Other than that, though, you can really get whatever Ninja skills you'd like.

- Throw Huuma Shuriken is an entirely optional skill. It is a ground-cast, slow attack but it does do decent damage. I didn't take it because I leveled on Harpies for a long time, and they are fast little blighters. It is a pretty decent skill if you use Medusa to level later on.

-Stats are fairly straight-forward, thankfully. You won't need much INT or LUK, so you can focus on DEX and STR. However if you go Oboro, you'll want much more INT then STR.

-Throw Kunai is such an amazing DPS skill. That is all. XD Level with it.

-If you really, REALLY wanna MvP, than you might want to check out Oboro. Like Ash said, Obo has higher damage in general than Kage. Kage can MvP pretty well too, but they can't hit the higher tier without significant investment. Kage tend to be more versatile, but Obo out-damages them.

Yeah, it is generally better to use magic as an Oboro (female) character because of their skill set. Kage don't have many support skills for magic, although you could try with Kage if you want...Hunt down Facekiller, he would know more about unique builds than I.

And finally, yes. Kage is very good for farming Low TI. :D

#7 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

Sorry about items, I can't say much because I got serious help from Charaznable (sorry if I spelt that wrong, my friend!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users