Skipping Monster's Decaying Phase - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Skipping Monster's Decaying Phase

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

When monster is dead, they will go through a dying sprite, then the sprite will slowly decay to the ground, showed by the monster turns transparent then fade away.

well, for some people, such as me, this decaying process is too long, and often covering the loot. Say, the monster decaying phase taking about 2-3 seconds. The loot is harder to see if the monsters are mobbed and stacked on close spaces.

For farmer which utilize bubble gum, time is everything. Sometimes i hate to wait for 1-2 seconds to see whether the monster drop the loot i want or not. And it is a time wasting.

I actually propose we can introduce a command like /mobdead which will skip the decaying phase. When the mob is dead, it will then showing dying animation, then it will disappear immediately. Just like argiope family (argiope, ancient worm, centipede, centipede larva) which disappear immedieately without showing any decaying phase (coz it is intended since they just scattered away). 

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

I think it's kind of part of the experience, yeah it sucks from a gum PoV but that's not what the game is about :U

#3 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

It depends on how many hits the last hit to it was. If you hit it with a single hit attack (white damage only), the monster disappears as fast as possible. If you hit it with something like Acid bomb (10 yellow hits), you have to wait the full 10 hit animation before it starts to disappear.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:58 AM

it doesnt matter about the bundle of damage, just like comet vs rolling cutter, we cant do anything about it since it is part of game experience. it is the matter about the time when the mob is decaying away, which should be made skippable. 

#5 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

i agree. I also have a problem with decaying process, especially in low TI. Sometimes, the window of the corpse being lost and my loot being lootable/greedable by others is too short. Often times, those low TI greeders get my rare loots since it took me so long to identify where is my rare loot is.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

I always see my loot when the monster just drops it, it goes up a bit then falls on the ground, dunno, never had issues with it

#7 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Just greed everything!!!

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

hard when your garment is faw and too lazy to switch to HBP on each mob

Edited by fuyukikun, 12 March 2017 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users