Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hello everyone

First of all i am not here to start any drama or any kind of problem but only to talk about some aspects of the game. Every player or at the least most of them witnessed the card refinment update. I would like to show my point of view regarding the edges and inconveniences of the update and mostly how to change it without erasing the progress which has been made thus far. Up consideration of the facts i would like you to give your ideas about it because there are tons of players who know this game better than i do and even for the new ones who do not know the game perfectly. Everyone's point of view is important.

1: The edges

. Now it is easier to go up to +10 which was of course impossible before thus for instance it may help you a lot in PVE and in PVP. If for instance you have VIT cards then the more vit you have the longer you can survive. You can apply this feature to every sort of card, PENETRATION/STR etc..

. Perhaps it will bring more players farming these "Card enhanced stone" for you will deeply need them in order to refine your cards. Some players may also decide to farm cards as well because they are getting expensive a lot.

2: The inconveniences

. These items are only obtainable from the Kafra shop which means that once again the "KP buyers/P2W (pay to win)" are the ones who rule the world. This game is a F2P (free to play) so of course it is completely understandable that some items are not obtainable through the game but only from the Kafra shop. The only one problem here is that the difference between +5 and +10 cards is enormous and brings unbalance features among the ones who can afford to buy them and the ones who cannot.

. If we put aside the problem of the way of obtaining these items there is another big problem which is the strenght provided by a +10 card. I do not know whether you have noticed it but for instance a "Captain vadon card +0 gives +160 VIT" and the same card +10 gives "160+196" if i'm not mistaken. A refinment ought to give a little bonus compared to the power of the original card but now, the refinment is stronger than the orginal card (which is the same problem with gears anyway). Nerfing the stats given by the refinment may be a good beginning to eradicate unbalance.

. The unbalance which is created between players who can afford to buy these items and the ones who cannot. If you have to tell a newcomer that he/she would need like 20m to refine 5 cards +10 i am not sure he/she would keep on playing for long.

3; Conclusion

To make it clear and quick, thie card refinment is a great idea but perhaps due to a lack of time or solution to fix it, was not brought with the best features.

I would like everyone if possible to comment on this for i am sure you have great ideas that could help the developpment team to find a solution to fix this refinment without bothering the ones who already paid a lot to get these +10 cards. 

#2 JohnTravelight

JohnTravelight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:FreelanceCo

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

I do not know whether you have noticed it but for instance a "Captain vadon card +0 gives +160 VIT" and the same card +10 gives "160+196" if i'm not mistaken. A refinment ought to give a little bonus compared to the power of the original card but now, the refinment is stronger than the orginal card (which is the same problem with gears anyway). Nerfing the stats given by the refinment may be a good beginning to eradicate unbalance.

Whoa, I'm one of the new players that you mention in this game, even though I haven't reached the card refining stage or heavy refining of my end-game gears yet since im still at ML16, this somehow surprises me.

As a MMO player of wide variety of games, there really seems to be something odd in this concept. A refinement that not only increases the value but doubles it, or rather more than double? increase 122.5% with a full refine.

Well, I'm into farming right now with all the HHB and stuff but if 20m is really needed. Damn, I need to try harder. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users