BMX prices out of control - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BMX prices out of control

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#26 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

It always has, it's supply and demand. Supply goes up price goes down, unless the demand of them increases the same.

#27 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Maybe those who buy have no choice but to gave in to the demands of the sellers, as there are others who wants rush levelling and being impatient as to when will the prices drop, since everyday prices won't change a bit with these consumables.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Maybe those who buy have no choice but to gave in to the demands of the sellers, as there are others who wants rush levelling and being impatient as to when will the prices drop, since everyday prices won't change a bit with these consumables.

Everyone has a choice, I am not buying them :U

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

I didnt really mean it. It wont drop. What I really mean is, you can quit leveling. I already quit leveling. It's only WoE that keeps me interested in iRO.

It is pretty clear that they want to get rid of BMx3. I jut wish they would announce this first.

Camp, since you're reading this thread. Would you like to address the BMx3 issue? I honestly dont mind if you want to get rid of BMx3 to be honest but at least let us know! lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 March 2017 - 04:41 PM.

#30 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

never remember getting this stupid it was 8-15 and it didn't stay high for that long.

The ones that are being sold had that kind of chance too... 

We all had equal opportunity to get it

Some people dont want to get it from lucky box because they're unlucky in getting it but sellers did take the risk

The same people dont want to buy from sellers who took the risk coz the price is high

Demands for a phase out instead... ehh?

#31 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Which is why the 150kp boxes with manuals should be put in. It's well over due.

#32 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

Which is why the 150kp boxes with manuals should be put in. It's well over due.

Not necessarily, it's a catch for us to buy those lucky boxes. BMX isnt compulsory anyways, we could always not buy/use it.

Just think of it as an edge to those big lucky game spenders

#33 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Everyone has a choice, I am not buying them :U

Well, me neither, I have bmx3s left still for my own consumption. I am speaking for those who have no bmx3s and have no choice but to buy it for a high price, since that is readily available in the market. I cannot blame those sellers tho, there is no right or wrong price. And yeah, we need GMs to speak regarding this issue. I haven't levelled my characters for months now, so I am just neutral whatever decision they'll make about phasing it out.

#34 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Gaiz, there are bms available in the kafra shop. Cheaper too! And ends up working out the same if you don't mind spending more time leveling

#35 KingAbel

KingAbel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

And it still won't drop much if at all, because people are buying them.

You're making no sense.  If the supply increases,  a large number of the buyers will be eliminated.  I'll make it easy for you.  Stay with me.

More bms in boxes = more people with bms = less people buying bms = smaller market for sellers = with less people buying, sellers are forced to drop prices 

I don't really care either way, because after a few more levels on my current character, I don't plan on leveling again for a long time, if ever. .  

Edited by KingAbel, 14 March 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#36 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

If they want to remove BMx3s they should go ahead and do it already.  Like don't torture the server by dangling a luxury over our heads, just make them useless and put in an NPC that'll give you EMBs for them or something. It's a little cruel if they are phasing them out, though. Some players (like me) don't have time to level more than like an hour to 2 hours a day, and even then some of us are trying to make money off of instances too. BMX3s are the reason my gene only took 1 year to max level and not 3. If they do phase them out let's triple the VIP bonus to compensate >3>

#37 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

But they don't even bother to inform us about their plans about it tho. :dunno:

#38 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Gaiz, there are bms available in the kafra shop. Cheaper too! And ends up working out the same if you don't mind spending more time leveling

The BM/HE BM-> BMX3 conversion cross referenced with the KP->Zeny ratio shows that it's not cheaper if you're talking about the vending machine trick.

If you're talking about just using BMs? God help us *rolls around dying*

Though to be honest, the exp increase from normal BMs over time accumulates to more exp for cheaper if you go through the KP-> Zeny conversions

KP-> Zeny conversion being how much an item worth X amount of KP typically sells for. (100KP -> 10-13m)

Edited by Joatmon, 14 March 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#39 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

I'm saying, it will all work out the same if you can spend more time leveling :)

Personally, I stopped using BMx3s and just wait for exp events. Using a regular BM is much cheaper and works out to almost the same during exp events.

In truth, the BMx3 prices are at what it is because of Bio4. Too many people spending over 30~40 BMx3s to max a character when they could join my parties and use half of that!

Some informal math that speaks from experience (all with exp event active):

• If you're level 141 and job 40, it takes about 40 BMx3s to reach max level
  • If you're going to use regular BMs, it takes about 50
  • If you're in my party, it takes about 20 to reach max base level

So really, people just need to level more efficiently.

Edited by Demeris, 14 March 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#40 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

in thor, each bmx3s is 15m </3

#41 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Aaannd... There is this seller who sells 100pcs for that price :heh:

#42 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

zeny has a higher value there so it's more or like the same

#43 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

You're making no sense.  If the supply increases,  a large number of the buyers will be eliminated.  I'll make it easy for you.  Stay with me.

More bms in boxes = more people with bms = less people buying bms = smaller market for sellers = with less people buying, sellers are forced to drop prices 

I don't really care either way, because after a few more levels on my current character, I don't plan on leveling again for a long time, if ever. .  

And I will make it even more simple for you.

If they sell for 20m like hotcakes (which they are), people will continue to sell them at that price.

#44 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Pretty sure those guys, who gave out free BMx3 in their event, probably have killed themselves by now if they knew BMx3 was not coming back to the game lmfao

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

Doesnt matter if they put in 10000 BMs in the game like tomorrow. If the vendors dont decrease the price on the vends regardless of ppl buying a lot or not(coz ppl will still buy it) it wont change

#46 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm saying, it will all work out the same if you can spend more time leveling :)

Personally, I stopped using BMx3s and just wait for exp events. Using a regular BM is much cheaper and works out to almost the same during exp events.

In truth, the BMx3 prices are at what it is because of Bio4. Too many people spending over 30~40 BMx3s to max a character when they could join my parties and use half of that!

Some informal math that speaks from experience (all with exp event active):

• If you're level 141 and job 40, it takes about 40 BMx3s to reach max level
  • If you're going to use regular BMs, it takes about 50
  • If you're in my party, it takes about 20 to reach max base level

So really, people just need to level more efficiently.

Current BMx3 Price: ~20m, Converted ~200KP

Battle Manual x10 Box: 500KP, converted ~50m
Divide the Above by 10: 5m per BM

BMx3 increases EXP by 200%
BM increases EXP by 100%
You already get the 100% EXP from the actual killing too so...
1BMX3 of leveling nets 300%
1BM of leveling nets 200%
2BM ~ 400%

So for every 2BM you get 75% more exp, for half the cost.
BM x10 Box (Converted 50m) is thusly the equivalent of 5 BMx3 which has a converted cost of 100m. 

So for twice the time, half the money, you get better results.

I think that math helps your case... and mine >.>

Now to mathematize factoring in your party's price to see whats the most efficient zeny wise.

Edit: That moment when you realize you're more analytical about your zeny spending than your own character builds.

Edited by Joatmon, 14 March 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#47 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

zeny has a higher value there so it's more or like the same

i think the ratio between server is 1:3m, at least thats the ratio the last time i traded my chaos zenny to thor

#48 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

14545.png Battle Manual X3

tag.png
  # Min Max Average Std. Dev Confidence Short (7D) 95 1z 25,000,000z 19,900,000z ±400,000z 0.97 Long (28D) 346 1z 25,000,000z 17,900,000z ±200,000z 0.98

Vend History Vending Now 22x 24,900,000z A Vending Now 46x 25,000,000z B Vending Now 23x 25,000,000z C Vending Now 11x 30,000,000z D Vending Now 191x 100,000,000z E

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  0.o

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 14 March 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#49 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

I didn't say you are selling them. I was saying you think that, if you make a purchase you can gouge the hell out of people because of "free market". No I'm not obliged to buy them, nor am I. I can state the market is buggered.

What sources can you get them from? Those sources will cost you the same if not more.

Doesn't help when the server population is dying and the manual prices are stopping people from even coming back.

You have cash shop through lucky boxes or BM conversions, and if you get them for the same price if not more then the price is justified, not OP or anything.

But really, you are creating an illusion state of market that it is broken or what just to haggle the prices when infact it is normal to have the price of BMX to raise with the exp event and new race introduced.

People are buying it  @ those prices, there is no crisis or whatever

#50 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

BMx3 is 4x better than HE BM. (Double the bonus, double the duration).
However as it stacks additively with server exp events, we start to see diminishing return effects. With 100% server exp, the HE BM act as a x3(during non event) for half the duration, and a x3 becomes a x4.
Battle Manual wise, takind advantage of exp events is very clever. BMx3 is faster regardless, but the difference isnt that much great for regular farming, only for turning in massive amounts of pre completed quests/TIs.

Then you factor in the cost of your leveling. Not only the supplies used, but time used. Less time leveling=more time effectively farming.

In the end BMx3 ends up being cheaper in the long run and considering other factors, but leveling faster is just some "luxury" and not mandatory for the game experience anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users