BMX prices out of control - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BMX prices out of control

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#51 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

People are buying it  @ those prices, there is no crisis or whatever

Not entirely true, especially if BMx3 was a necessary good. Luckily, it is a luxury good lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 March 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#52 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

You have cash shop through lucky boxes or BM conversions, and if you get them for the same price if not more then the price is justified, not OP or anything.

But really, you are creating an illusion state of market that it is broken or what just to haggle the prices when infact it is normal to have the price of BMX to raise with the exp event and new race introduced.

People are buying it  @ those prices, there is no crisis or whatever

I'm looking at the market through time. The conversion rate just shows how stupid it is right now. All this is doing is creating a huge zeny sink and making a few people richer. Markets should be fairly steady this is far from steady.

#53 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

I'm saying, it will all work out the same if you can spend more time leveling :)

Personally, I stopped using BMx3s and just wait for exp events. Using a regular BM is much cheaper and works out to almost the same during exp events.

In truth, the BMx3 prices are at what it is because of Bio4. Too many people spending over 30~40 BMx3s to max a character when they could join my parties and use half of that!

Some informal math that speaks from experience (all with exp event active):

• If you're level 141 and job 40, it takes about 40 BMx3s to reach max level
  • If you're going to use regular BMs, it takes about 50
  • If you're in my party, it takes about 20 to reach max base level

So really, people just need to level more efficiently.

Does this mean that I need to join your party 40 times (2 TI per BMX3) to get from 141 to 175? It is expensive but still affordable.

#54 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

BMx3 is 4x better than HE BM. (Double the bonus, double the duration).
However as it stacks additively with server exp events, we start to see diminishing return effects. With 100% server exp, the HE BM act as a x3(during non event) for half the duration, and a x3 becomes a x4.
Battle Manual wise, takind advantage of exp events is very clever. BMx3 is faster regardless, but the difference isnt that much great for regular farming, only for turning in massive amounts of pre completed quests/TIs.

Then you factor in the cost of your leveling. Not only the supplies used, but time used. Less time leveling=more time effectively farming.

In the end BMx3 ends up being cheaper in the long run and considering other factors, but leveling faster is just some "luxury" and not mandatory for the game experience anyways.

I was just logic-bombing zeny -> EXP
When you use a BM of any kind you're essentially buying extra exp in your leveling time. So in technicality, using my logic, you pay 1/2 the zeny for 75% more exp, but you have to level twice as long. If you want to make the most bang for your buck, you're gonna want to level with BMs over BMx3s, but you're gonna take significantly longer.

Of course I didn't math for the HE BMs, but they're awkward considering they're half the duration which can lead to complications via turn in experience.

BMx3s are always gonna be faster, but currently they're far from more efficient when it comes to spending money (Until the price drops anywho).

Edit: And the money you save from using a BM over a BMx3 can be used for leveling expenses, but for most classes the leveling expenses aren't going to be enough to make BMx3s more efficient.

Edited by Joatmon, 14 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#55 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Does this mean that I need to join your party 40 times (2 TI per BMX3) to get from 141 to 175? It is expensive but still affordable.

So 50m per party

50x20

20x20

Would cost you about 1.4b to 175 if you were to level with aco. If he's right about the 20 manuals.

#56 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

20 BMx3s got me to 175 from 150
20 x 20 = 400m

I never paid for a party with Demeris.

Edit: Also when i started to mathemelogic the amount of exp you get for your zeny, paying for those special parties is far less spending efficient. (Will get you max level in half the time though)

Edited by Joatmon, 14 March 2017 - 05:18 PM.

#57 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

If people are complaining about price gouging they should sell their manuals for cheaper to show us that price gouging is wrong.....huehuehue.

Your own fault you didnt buy them when they were oversupplied in the game. Opportunities dont always exist. This works the same in real life but at least in a game you can readily change the free market unlike in real life where its harsh dog eat dog world environment.

People are too sheltered by nanny state of thought and egalitarian social views. Oh, and there is no multiculturalism, multiracial society yes, but i can never see multiculture society, someones culture is always gonna get discriminated regardless of environmental justice.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 14 March 2017 - 05:24 PM.

#58 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

20 BMx3s got me to 175 from 150
20 x 20 = 400m

I never paid for a party with Demeris.

Edit: Also when i started to mathemelogic the amount of exp you get for your zeny, paying for those special parties is far less spending efficient. (Will get you max level in half the time though)

He says he charges, don't know if it's a joke or not. So I take as if he's selling leveling parties.

If people are complaining about price gouging they should sell thier manuals for cheaper....huehuehue

Used mine instead.

#59 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

If they did a one month long Groovy Pack(150kp) with guaranteed X3BM per Pack the price will come down guaranteed. Been playing this game long enough to know how the market works lol. I just don't know if they will do it. These Overseas Care Packages are probably making them a ton of cash. New OP gear probably sells more than consumables. You have to admit that Overseas Care Package 1 thru 3 have been pretty popular. Maybe when they run out of cool new gear they will go back to the traditional Groovy/Lucky box?

I personally miss Bloody Branches more than X3's but I don't level much. 

Edited by DarkDan, 14 March 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#60 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

bmx3 selling for 100m i think its time for lucky box

BB is selling for 100m i think its time for lucky box

bubble gum is selling for 100m i think its time for lucky box

mystical stone is selling for 1 bill I think that seller needs to stop trippin >.>

#61 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

Not entirely true, especially if BMx3 was a necessary good. Luckily, it is a luxury good lol

Prices wouldn't go higher if it wasn't

I'm looking at the market through time. The conversion rate just shows how stupid it is right now. All this is doing is creating a huge zeny sink and making a few people richer. Markets should be fairly steady this is far from steady.

As i said, if you find the free market OP, you could always go to the source. Nobody's gonna gouge u there

#62 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

If you just want 141-175, it'll take about 25 runs with the event and bmx3s

Edited by Demeris, 14 March 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#63 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

supply < demand: price will likely increase
supply = demand : stagnant price
supply > demand : price will likely to decrease

current situation is supply < demand. we need a condition where supply = demand before the price will eventually decrease when the supply > demand, which i bet it will takes half a year if the bmx3 lucky box is consistantly thrown in.

#64 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

in thor, each bmx3s is 15m </3

BMX3 in Chaos is 25m~30M <3

#65 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

time to phase out bmx3 entirely

let's phase out all battle manuals :U

Why not? Also, why not stop spotlight entirely, and make base server exp = 200% and VIP bonus = 100%? Also, make BBs exp 100% of the killed monsters base exp (instead of the regular 75% that most or all of them have), and phase Gramps out, eventually retiring him. I'd be totally pro this change!

Some informal math that speaks from experience (all with exp event active):

• If you're level 141 and job 40, it takes about 40 BMx3s to reach max level
  • If you're going to use regular BMs, it takes about 50
  • If you're in my party, it takes about 20 to reach max base level

So really, people just need to level more efficiently.

Unless you're a Warlock. If that's the case, you'll spend twice or thrice this much to level in NCT, IF you're nicely geared and can consistently TI 3 Big Bell BBs per BMX. Else, you're screwed. :P

Your own fault you didnt buy them when they were oversupplied in the game. Opportunities dont always exist. This works the same in real life but at least in a game you can readily change the free market unlike in real life where its harsh dog eat dog world environment.

Hey, hey! It's not my fault that I didn't have neither money nor gears to justify stocking them when they were 5~7M, nor did we have any means to find out that they used to cost ~20M and that this price would return unless we dug the forums deeply. I agree that we should cheerish free market and all, but can you really call it a free market if there's a monopolist producer of the goods? I wish I could've made this kind of investment back there. It's more like they're phasing out leveling for non-rich people than phasing out BMs. :P Not that I care, though...

Edited by Kusanagisama, 14 March 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#66 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

Prices wouldn't go higher if it wasn't

If BMx3 was a necessary good, definitely something would need to be done to make sure the majority of people can get an access to it.

And that's why "People are buying it @ those prices, there is no crisis or whatever" is not entirely true. Only quite true for luxury goods. Almost false for necessary goods. 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 March 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#67 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

supply < demand: price will likely increase
supply = demand : stagnant price
supply > demand : price will likely to decrease

current situation is supply < demand. we need a condition where supply = demand before the price will eventually decrease when the supply > demand, which i bet it will takes half a year if the bmx3 lucky box is consistantly thrown in.

At least one person understands economics. If nothing is done it'll only get worse.

Scrap the 3x manuals increase server to 200% VIP +50% then events as they see fit. Hell I could care less if there were any other exp events if the rates were doubled.

People run out of money for 3x manuals, or don't buy them because they are a stupid price. No wonder people quit this game.

#68 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

there's a vendor for 100m, let the apocalypse begin. hue hue hue

#69 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

At least one person understands economics. If nothing is done it'll only get worse.

Scrap the 3x manuals increase server to 200% VIP +50% then events as they see fit. Hell I could care less if there were any other exp events if the rates were doubled.

People run out of money for 3x manuals, or don't buy them because they are a stupid price. No wonder people quit this game.

If most people from 3rd world country understood econ, their country would not be a 3rd world country and the poor would not have to immigrate to developed countries  in North America. Thank you white people lel

#70 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Not quite how it works Chakri but you know, gg.

#71 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Oops :/

#72 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Nope, players leave this game for PvP / WoE things (unfrozen set, cheaters, drama, Chakri, etc :v), nothing to do with PvM scenario.

#73 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Well its understandable. The price of BMX and BMX3 will rise at times when Chaos server has EXP bonus, same reason why KP becomes a lot more expensive during refine events. There is higher demands at such periods, with limited supply the price increases.

Current BMx3 Price: ~20m, Converted ~200KP

Battle Manual x10 Box: 500KP, converted ~50m
Divide the Above by 10: 5m per BM

And I am sure your are wrong about this one. KP is never sold at 100kp/10m, even at the lowest it is still at least 11-12m for each 100kp.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 14 March 2017 - 06:44 PM.

#74 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

I'm quitting right now. It's not just woe. I'll most likely stay for woe. The PvM/buying stuff is on hold till people are less stupid.

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Stay mad, bad, sad! /gg

Alright, good choice. See you in WoE lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users