Desocketing Returns to Renewal - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Desocketing Returns to Renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

#51 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

No risk and all rewards makes a game very boring after a while. But on the other hand, too much risk for little reward makes a game very unsatisfying. There needs to be a balance to keep players interested, otherwise the game stops being a game and more like a menial job.

Agreed. But what they are doing is offering one end of the spectrum for the other. kRO d'oth not understand.

#52 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

So meaning if a dupe card was decarded? Then they probably will delete it.

That would be the best course of action. I just hope they don't suspend people instead.

#53 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

You exchange the silvervine fruit for it.

oh i see

#54 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Good News Everyone! Desocketing is returning to Malangdo. The GM team has finished their review / tests  and have greenlighted the return of desocketing to Malangdo.

For those that are curious about GM enforcement plans they will be checking what items are desocketed and their history via a random sampling every week. Any problem items will trigger a wider search for similar items.

First of all, thanks campitor for the information so desired.

Now you need the detail, how many silvervine fruits are needed, you understand to give more detailed, the information, I just watched that there is a video, this video is correct how to do it? The amount of silvervine fruit is fine or you could add something. some information . Once this is done, ticket or something is sent! how does it work .

As you do the desocketing, you can give that information or some guide to look at how to do the desocketing of the items to have the card, you have some video to look at how to do it. To do it step by step.

My English is not the best, I hope you understand.

Edited by Rockerox, 16 March 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#55 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

The GMs are pretty good at cracking down on dupes now. The majority of the Chinese dupe sites ceased selling cards a good while ago.

Lets hope they keep it that way, but its just a little unnerving that they're re-implementing something that was so heavily abused in the past.

I also feel as if the amount of new transaction that will result from this will probably overwhelm the GM team.  I understand than they're probably going to monitor all mvp decarding, but i'm just hoping that the high-end non mvp cards won't slip through the cracks.

#56 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lets hope they keep it that way, but its just a little unnerving that they're re-implementing something that was so heavily abused in the past.

I also feel as if the amount of new transaction that will result from this will probably overwhelm the GM team.  I understand than they're probably going to monitor all mvp decarding, but i'm just hoping that the high-end non mvp cards won't slip through the cracks.

I hope so too. This NPC, no one really knew about.
Almost everyone used Troy, which used the heroic desocketing books, which were also being duped in mass amounts.
This should be a little easier to track as it requires a ton of cash shop items to decard. This is also the only way to decard now, so that should also make it much easier.
Fingers crossed though. I am more worried about people losing their legit cards though to be honest.

#57 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

I am more worried about people losing their legit cards though to be honest.

This has been the great problem and fear since the duping issues started, so many ppl lost legit gears over GMs oversights/mistakes, it happening again will be pretty rough.

#58 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

Finally, thank you.

What are the actions if a sample comes up bad? I hope no one is going to be banned over GM error.
We all know that the support team doesn't have the best track record of being punctual when investigating.

Myzery!!!

Glad to see you!!!

#59 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

We have safe refine methods. We will be getting safe enchant methods, even though we already have plenty as is. And now we may get to keep an item based on an NPC, Myzery mentioned the bit about it being an MVP card only, but how does this NPC do such a thing? Does it follow a list of IDs? Or does it just mean the expensive option saves it. If it is the latter, then it does screw us over.

RNG is what it is, and it is part of this game. Either get rid of it entirely or use it and let the players deal with the consequences.

There is a trend being set, it won't be good in the long run but yeah, I also stopped caring since OSCP1, however, every so once and a while it surges up to the point where you gotta say something.

those "safe" refine methods are still RNG.  It really shouldn't take 11 safe certs to get something that's a lvl 3 weapon, from 5 to 7, WITH enriched, or shouldn't take 150 E.Elu, to KEEP something at +7 that is armor, without ever hitting +8 even once.  I've had this happen to me before, so there are plenty of consequences, like loosing all that money you put into buying the "safe" method materials with kp. 

#60 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

The gear breaks and you permanently lose it? No? It's safe.

Now rng for success is rng and that's it, they have chosen to make the game around it.

Edited by Ashuckel, 16 March 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#61 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

:no1:  :no1:  :no1:

Now I'm happy. Thank you to the GM team, Thank you. And especially to you Garrett

Now if I am really happy, I have not been waiting for such maintenance for so long. thanks 

Today I do not sleep ehehehee

#62 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

I hope so too. This NPC, no one really knew about.
Almost everyone used Troy, which used the heroic desocketing books, which were also being duped in mass amounts.
This should be a little easier to track as it requires a ton of cash shop items to decard. This is also the only way to decard now, so that should also make it much easier.
Fingers crossed though. I am more worried about people losing their legit cards though to be honest.

Losing the legit cards? I don't quite understand why do you think this could happen?

#63 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Because ppl f* up

Edited by Ashuckel, 16 March 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#64 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Losing the legit cards? I don't quite understand why do you think this could happen?

It has happened a lot in the past. I can post tickets where they tried to say cards I found myself were fake.
When I showed them proof, they quickly changed their tune. Happened as early as last month.

A lot of people have lost cards and didn't fight it because they trust the GMs or think nothing can be done. I am a very skeptical person and I tend to be very open minded when people are like "MY LEGIT CARD WAS DELETED"
More often than not, Campitor takes time to look at these cases and finds that it is the fault of a newer support hire or someone being lazy.

My biggest loss was all in one ticket where I lost a gtb, eddga, and gloom. They were all legit and I had proof of it, so Campitor got involved and corrected the mistake.

Myzery!!!

Glad to see you!!!

Are you from Classic back in the day?

Edited by Myzery, 16 March 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#65 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Can we get this implemented on Classic server?

#66 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

To kill the dead?

#67 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

It has happened a lot in the past. I can post tickets where they tried to say cards I found myself were fake.
When I showed them proof, they quickly changed their tune. Happened as early as last month.

A lot of people have lost cards and didn't fight it because they trust the GMs or think nothing can be done. I am a very skeptical person and I tend to be very open minded when people are like "MY LEGIT CARD WAS DELETED"
More often than not, Campitor takes time to look at these cases and finds that it is the fault of a newer support hire or someone being lazy.

My biggest loss was all in one ticket where I lost a gtb, eddga, and gloom. They were all legit and I had proof of it, so Campitor got involved and corrected the mistake.

Wow did not know that the one producer, could do that, just thought the warpportal Support system, that's new to me. Thanks for that information

I did not know they could get involved.

I understood that it was all via ticket, towards GM Support

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

Can we get this implemented on Classic server?

no

#69 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wow did not know that the one producer, could do that, just thought the warpportal Support system, that's new to me. Thanks for that information

I did not know they could get involved.

I understood that it was all via ticket, towards GM Support

Campitor has the ability to look into tickets and bring things to the attention to Warnhal, who is Garret, as you mentioned. He is in charge of the support team.

#70 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Yes, Rambo and Valk server too. 

#71 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Campitor has the ability to look into tickets and bring things to the attention to Warnhal, who is Garret, as you mentioned. He is in charge of the support team.

Of course I have understood perfectly, everything like you, because I am legitimate in everything I do always, honest and everything in the right way as an exemplary player, all by the appropriate and appropriate means,

Today is one of the best day I've had in all this month, for this news of the desocketing, I'm happy.

#72 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Yes, Rambo and Valk server too. 

I thought so, welcome back.

#73 genetic666

genetic666

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Love this<3

#74 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

So, the Heroic Desocketing Book will be trash forever even we paid for it?

Or, the eden 2F one will come back anytime?

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

It should still value 1k brownie points. But hahaha boxter 2k17 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users