WP status updates - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WP status updates

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

Can we get something done about these? Most of them are Classic server drama from both sides.

This gets in the way of people sharing thoughts or trying to get their media out there. I guess people from Classic think it's cool and edgy to post there to insult one another.

One of the worst things about it is that the majority of the posts that are there as I write this thread are from people in their mid to late 30s that should know better.
Also, a lot of the people posting claim to want to make Classic more appealing for new and existing players, but this comes off as a major deterrent.
I am not trying to call anyone out and I am not trying to say that Renewal is superior to Classic, but I think we can all agree that people from Renewal act more civilized towards each other.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

At least we don't spam community chat with market drama!

(also the biggest deterrent is the client not working)

#3 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Zero Three One Eight Twenty One Seventeen. Garbage in garbage out.

#4 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

I find it anonying how i have all the drama queens on ignore on the forums, yet i'm forced to still see their dumb status updates.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Zero Three One Eight Twenty One Seventeen. Garbage in garbage out.

I told you before, stop being such an edgelord. 

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

This forum rn

https://youtu.be/zuL687HGfjI

#7 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Server:Clasic

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

I am not trying to call anyone out and I am not trying to say that Renewal is superior to Classic, but I think we can all agree that people from Renewal act more civilized towards each other.

Hard to talk trash to your enemy if every skill in the game 1 shots an entire guild. Also as you can tell from today`s video I was very nice to people, even talked to our enemies in a nice way today. How was I repaid? People trading me in WoE. Kind of hard to be the mature adult when the children can do whatever they want without fear of consequences. 

#8 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

As the DotaGuild appointed best champ on classic I now pronounce this thread triggered. Have a nice day.

Edited by MalakGalthana, 18 March 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#9 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

I find it anonying how i have all the drama queens on ignore on the forums, yet i'm forced to still see their dumb status updates.

If only there was an X that could close it :( damn u development team why you no think of things! Oh wait there is....

As the DotaGuild appointed best champ on classic I now pronounce this thread triggered. Have a nice day.

DotaGuild has a champ? Interesting, never seen one.

Edited by Romeu, 18 March 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hard to talk trash to your enemy if every skill in the game 1 shots an entire guild. Also as you can tell from today`s video I was very nice to people, even talked to our enemies in a nice way today. How was I repaid? People trading me in WoE. Kind of hard to be the mature adult when the children can do whatever they want without fear of consequences. 

The GMs do need to be more involved in Classic.

You can watch any random video and see people APing and other obvious things.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Did you mean: 

http://forums.irowik....php?board=21.0

Or failing that try the new Tirades channel on the community discord! 

https://discord.gg/UGZ6eSH

#12 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

You can watch any random video and see people APing and other obvious things.

I don't blame the GMs being that I can make a character in 2 hours. Banning after WoE is not a realist option. A lot of the people I see doing it change characters often and account, probably because of bans. Guild leaders just need to take responsibility for their guilds. I know VH had a really bad dancer that all she did was AP and grey world and she is gone now. If guilds that believe in fairness would just ignore the cheaters and fight each other that would get more result than GM ban. Notice how when VH avoids those individuals they get very salty and disappear for months. Just wish people would stop thinking they need to recruit the cheaters to their guilds to face VH. There are many guilds out there that I see great potential. Many of these guilds can deal with people like me WAY better than the spam everything on him cheaters.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Can we get something done about these? Most of them are Classic server drama from both sides.

This gets in the way of people sharing thoughts or trying to get their media out there. I guess people from Classic think it's cool and edgy to post there to insult one another.

One of the worst things about it is that the majority of the posts that are there as I write this thread are from people in their mid to late 30s that should know better.
Also, a lot of the people posting claim to want to make Classic more appealing for new and existing players, but this comes off as a major deterrent.

The problem is that Classic players are conditioned to make as much noise as possible on the forums otherwise the GMs will do absolutely nothing, compared to the bare minimum they do when provoked.

#14 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

The problem is that Classic players are conditioned to make as much noise as possible on the forums otherwise the GMs will do absolutely nothing, compared to the bare minimum they do when provoked.

You would be surprised on how much more GMs are willing to help if the reports are done properly. (I would know)

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

You would be surprised on how much more GMs are willing to help if the reports are done properly. (I would know)

I think the problem is there's a disconnect between the players and staff in terms of how much spice is tolerable. 

Classic is the stomping ground of a lot of passive-aggressive garbage because of how small the community is, how old the community is and how little there is to do on the server. Thus the players make their own fun. And with that a lot of people like to misinterpret innocuous comments as PA bs. 

I'm not surprised the staff don't know which is which either. Some is fairly obvious, a lot isn't. 

Remembering how I got told off for calling the noclientinfo thing "Squirrel error" because that's what a lot of people call it to me when they PM for trouble shooting, or when I shortened Kalitizburg to "Kali" the staff assumed it was about a player.

So I'm not surprised they don't act a lot of the time, regardless of how thorough the reports are. Many classic players will abuse it just to attempt to land a ban on someone else. 

#16 woeGOD

woeGOD

I am New.

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Hi. Free GvG coaching. pm me.

#17 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Last time I sent a ticket GMs generated 50b for me, don't know what you people are complaining about.

#18 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Last time I sent a ticket GMs generated 50b for me, don't know what you people are complaining about.

gibe!

#19 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

jk they aren't THAT incompetent.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

gibe!

#hue

#21 BigYellowRock

BigYellowRock

I am New.

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Gotta love how these people think they're trolls ... and yet gets triggered by 3 simple numbers lmfao. 319 <3

@Myzery i agree with you though ... look how these people are acting up in your thread because you decided to point out their stupidity =(

Edited by BigYellowRock, 18 March 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#22 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

I understand that and a lot of the time it's justified. What shouldn't happen is people trying to outdo each other on the scumbag meter.

#23 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

I understand that and a lot of the time it's justified. What shouldn't happen is people trying to outdo each other on the scumbag meter.

We may not see eye to eye on many things but I agree with you 100% on this statement.

#24 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

yea and thats why no one takes anything those core groups of classic players say seriously.  No one is really certain if problems are actually legitimate because everyone tries to blow everything out of proportion.  If they wanted the GM's to take them seriously without needing to start a ruckus, maybe the solution would be to not flood them with every tiny thing to try to demonize the opposing side.

#25 Amykawaii

Amykawaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

hello friend, i regret to inform you that it was only 40b. also thanks to xellie for helping with the process. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users