New players best duo classes - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New players best duo classes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kakunda

Kakunda

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hello,me and my best friend are starting this game and we thought about going a duo meta, so we wanted to know if you guys could help us with some guideness about which are the best classes for duo in the game (from lvl 1 to ML 40)

#2 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

hi! I play with my husband mostly solo coz we don't play a lot, but we play soul maker and warrior. I think that is in general the best option ^^ coz warrior can tank and mob and soul maker can dot heal a lot and depending on build it can also be able to mob and help the warrior :)

#3 Kakunda

Kakunda

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Thanks a lot, hope we can play together sometime.

Btw, can you guide me on building a SM full support?

Edited by Kakunda, 21 March 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#4 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

no problem ;) about the stats don't ask me coz since they have made lots of changes and added new gears (i haven't reached max lvl yet coz I play only on weekends and just for a while) so i have no idea ^^6 but as far as I heard vit is the most common among all classes, as for the skills I use this ones:

http://imgur.com/a/hpOyd

it works well as full support in my opinion and can also deal good damage with death spell+soul extortion (some people use mental breakdown but i find is better the other one). if you don't want to fight at all you can distribute those points on the soul links and restoration and/or cure pearl, however i didn't find cure pearl very usefull myself so I changed it when i reseted my skills. However any build you choose maxed Cure is a MUST. Hope this helps a bit ^^

Edit: and be carefull with restoration!! coz it generates threat, so try to not spam it a lot ;)

Edited by Clauchy, 21 March 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#5 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Your best bet is to have 1 player go a tank type class (Warrior, Knight, BM, Monk) and one player go healer class (SM, Priest, Sorc). I used to have a friend that played as a BM and with my SM we could duo a lot of stuff.

As for a support SM build, most players put all stats in 1 stat and then get their secondary stat from runes. I've tried full int with int runes, and full vit with int runes. I personally prefer the vit build as you can survive more and still heal decently.

For skills, this is what I am using. 

http://ro2.roguard.n...0155555511a311/

Another alternative is to swap out extortion for mental breakdown and put the extra extortion points into something else. I like extortion but I have high vigor so I can chain the skill. Without the vigor, its hard to dps with it, and you're better off going mental breakdown. Also for heal, you really only need cure 10/10. The other heal skills either take too long to cast or aren't worth the skill point investment for small % heal up. Lvl 1 should suffice. Immunity is a love/hate skill. You can only use it in awake soulmate form, so you either use it a lot, or not at all. The aoe is very large and while the heal is nice, I find it to pull mobs accidentally and also be really laggy to use.

Also keep in mind that this skill build is using the +20 extra skill points you can buy from dapara npc in morroc after you become ML.

Goodluck!

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

An alternate duo pairing I like is Beastmaster + Crescentia. Beastmasters can main tank and heal themselves up and Crescentias complement this by killing everything before they do any real harm. Both have decent crowd control tools in case things get messy but they should rarely get that bad. It is a lot faster than the Soulmaker + Tank in my opinion as you have a dedicated damage dealer. If you ever work in full parties, a good Beastmaster can dual role as tank and healer, so you can go 1 tank + 4 dps and grinding becomes faster. Cres is top-tier DPS when you use damage pets (mermaid, imp, etc.) so it's always welcome. Beastmaster is top-tier tank for most of the game so you never really have to worry as long as you have Grizzly form.

#7 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Wizard/Ranger best duo class, go full wis in stats. Have fun!

#8 Kakunda

Kakunda

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for your replies guys, I will study each of the recommendations that suit us the best

#9 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

Wizard/Ranger with Wis can only best be described as a troll answer. Why would you prey upon a new player like this? Is this how we treat the community nowadays?

While there's nothing wrong with playing those classes, it isn't an efficient duo. Both are DPS classes with poor defenses and without direct access to healing. Of course with a decent strategy they can go up to ML 40, but you would be handicapping yourself in a lot of areas. While the game does not hard punish you even if you go full Wisdom, it also doesn't reward you either. Wisdom is an unnecessary stat to invest in. Granted I did do a Wizard/Ranger paired run before but that's only because we had plenty of zeny to dump into gears and pets to scrape by inefficiently. I would not recommend this for players learning the game.

#10 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Wizard/Ranger with Wis can only best be described as a troll answer.

45835228.jpg

#11 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

An alternate duo pairing I like is Beastmaster + Crescentia. Beastmasters can main tank and heal themselves up and Crescentias complement this by killing everything before they do any real harm. Both have decent crowd control tools in case things get messy but they should rarely get that bad. It is a lot faster than the Soulmaker + Tank in my opinion as you have a dedicated damage dealer. If you ever work in full parties, a good Beastmaster can dual role as tank and healer, so you can go 1 tank + 4 dps and grinding becomes faster. Cres is top-tier DPS when you use damage pets (mermaid, imp, etc.) so it's always welcome. Beastmaster is top-tier tank for most of the game so you never really have to worry as long as you have Grizzly form.

this sounds very interesting! I should give it a try some day  :p_idea:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users