I can't decided which build to choose... - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I can't decided which build to choose...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

So here is my dilemma...

I don't have much in this game, aside from 55m, a rideword hat, a elven bow, a WW set without any card or enchantment, a Variant shoes, a Immune Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb and a Orleans' Gown of Ares.

Therefore, i need a character who can farm items, so i can make some money and buy stuff like the WPH. I did some research and found out that ranger is a cheap class who's really good at PvM. That's why i decided to make a Ranger. 

Problem is: i was making a AS/auto warg hybrid, but now i'm worried the hybrid build is going to be ineffective with a low budget. 

Right now, these are my stats:

http://i65.tinypic.com/117ai38.jpg

I can still reset them though. Should i do it?

I guess the AS build would be cheaper than the hybrid one and it would be better at PvM too, but i've seen on iRO's wiki that the AS build has no agi and they have to rely on arrow storm in order to kill a single monster.

Is that true? That sounds pretty terrible to me. 

Also, is that build good at killing bosses? Because, although that is not my priority, that'd be a huge plus late-game and end-game wise. 

Meanwhile, the auto warg build seems pretty fun, but i guess the lack of int and the low dex means this build would require items that restore sp and a better WW set for leveling. It certainly would be the best one for MvP, but would i even be able to kill a MvP without good items?

So yeah, could you guys answer thoses questions for me, please? 

Edited by thiagomestres, 20 March 2017 - 09:30 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

find guild and do instance together, making money to buy more gears. AS and autowarg have their own application. better provide gears for both build.

#3 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

i went mostly leaning arrow storm and with BxB and higher refine white wing suit, they pretty much own it in PVm and MVPing grinded to lvl 148 in a matter of days and can kill phreeoni and maya in like 2 shots.

def worth going arrow storm with no limits for mvps

go arrow storm for PVM 

and uses skill no limits for mvping*

#4 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

whatever build you choose, you still relied on arrow storm to clear mob. especially if you still on leveling phase. usually people using AA midheadgear compensated lack of int stat

auto warg purpose mostly to hitlock MVP, specially high tier MVP such as fenrir, fbh, boss eginem, ifrit(?)

you can pretty much kill low-mid tier MVP with just AS

and actually people have wrong mindset about killing MVP is main zeny resource. you never be rich with just killing MVP unless you have crazy luck get their MVP card

zeny resource mainly from instance, farming item/card, invesment, etc

i suggest go AS build if you are tight on budget

#5 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

AS is mostly used for leveling, clearing mobs, etc. Rarely effective against MvPs especially in a party environment. (Altho you can ankle snare in instances and just AS them to death)

Auto-warg is the best build if you go solo in instances (ogh/ET). But in my experience t's not very effective in a party environment in terms of dps especially compared to a gene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users