What's a PvM or MVP guild? - Chaos Renewal Recruiting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What's a PvM or MVP guild?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ramblingrose35
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewel

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

I've seen this posted all over this forum and have no idea what it means. I've not really played consistently in over 13 years so all the lingo and everything about the game is lost on me.

#2 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

PVM = player versus monster; this is a general MMO term and is synonymous with "PVE" or player versus environment. Basically, it's when you avoid fighting players but focus on fighting monsters/AI/NPCs. 

MVP = specific type of boss monster; this is an RO specific term which refers to what most people consider to be "bosses"

Basically, they do not actively participate in WoE or PVP but are more focused on doing instances, hunting boss monsters, leveling, and hanging out. Some of their members may also have alts in WoE guilds so they may participate in PVP/WoE. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 20 March 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#3 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

PVM = player versus monster; this is a general MMO term and is synonymous with "PVE" or player versus environment. Basically, it's when you avoid fighting players but focus on fighting monsters/AI/NPCs.

MVP = specific type of boss monster; this is an RO specific term which refers to what most people consider to be "bosses"

Basically, they do not actively participate in WoE or PVP but are more focused on doing instances, hunting boss monsters, leveling, and hanging out. Some of their members may also have alts in WoE guilds so they may participate in PVP/WoE.

Thanks for telling me. I was kinda familiar from back of the day what MVP was,but for the life of me I could not figure out what PvM meant lol I'm looking to get back into seriously playing more. I tried to get back into the game in 2015 that everything's changed so much I was totally confused. It also doesn't help that my priest is just a priest. I've never class changed to anything beyond that because I stopped playing for 13 years. So everyone is WAYYY past me.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Well, we have a double XP event and leveling is easier than ever in Renewal. There's some useful threads in the guides and new comers section so I'd suggest checking those out if you are looking for a general lay of the land explanation. Otherwise, start killing animu monsters. 

#5 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well, we have a double XP event and leveling is easier than ever in Renewal. There's some useful threads in the guides and new comers section so I'd suggest checking those out if you are looking for a general lay of the land explanation. Otherwise, start killing animu monsters. 

Yeah, I like renewal. I remember how painful it was to lvl on the old servers 0.01% or something per kill. it took FOREVER for me to lvl lol My only problem is Gravity is saying someone has my name, which to me makes no sense because I invented my name 13 years ago for my priest. 

#6 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Someone else probably snagged the name during one of the multiple server merges that happened since you were gone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users