Classic March 23rd Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic March 23rd Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

No plans to implement kvm is unfortunate. It was the last big balance patch installed iirc. People being able to burn castles without needing to walk in the front door like their enemies is a bigger problem than mind break scholars.

#27 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

But they can break stones and barricades as well as players soooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo it would be nice if they could fix that too, but that is a more complicated fix that I imagine would require kRO dev time (good luck with that). Disabling tribals is quick and easy.

#28 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo it would be nice if they could fix that too, but that is a more complicated fix that I imagine would require kRO dev time (good luck with that). Disabling tribals is quick and easy.

& fixing Shinoobi card is quick & easy. GMs please fix shinoobi card!

#29 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

From my understanding the hat that is given is appropriate. So, if it's no slot now, it'll still be no slot.

If this is the case, will we be given another way to get a slotted st patty hat in the future?

#30 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

SLOT + NON SLOT VERSION =  like making a slot infil [1] available then making it not available, then re-adding infil [0] instead of infil [1]

Edited by aaadvanced, 23 March 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

They could fix it the same way emblems are fixed, by banning for it. It's the exact same -_-, emblemless players.

On topic tho, I have legitimately had to level up a guild during WoE with tribes to fit everyone in. Divine Retribution needed levels mid WoE, so did Veni Vidi Vici.

you might ask why I didnt do it in town, the answer is that I needed to be present for recall, I actually used the castle kafra in the convenience facility to grab them.

this is all a waste of time, the staff should look at why players might do that rather than just strike it off. Looking into the problems in the game and why nobody defends (spoiler alert: there's no point)

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

At this time there are no plans to implement KVM on the classic server.

LOL no wonder no new players come to a server called "Classic" when you have a Frankenstein implementation.

It's not just KvM, you guys are doing a piss poor job on a lot of features. If even a fraction of suggestions and improvements were made, the population would skyrocket.

#33 TheEmperium

TheEmperium

I am New.

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

They could fix it the same way emblems are fixed, by banning for it. It's the exact same -_-, emblemless players.

On topic tho, I have legitimately had to level up a guild during WoE with tribes to fit everyone in. Divine Retribution needed levels mid WoE, so did Veni Vidi Vici.

you might ask why I didnt do it in town, the answer is that I needed to be present for recall, I actually used the castle kafra in the convenience facility to grab them.

I don't know if you know this but there's 168 hours in a week.

Edited by TheEmperium, 23 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#34 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

por que no los dos? these are both good ideas. cut off the flow while fixin' where the river comes from.

we'd defend but getting people to show up on time gets rough lol

#35 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

At this point in the server there aren't any guilds that should need to use tribals during woe inside the castle.

#36 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

In regards to KVM,

The issue as always is the weapons. As they increase demihuman damage 100+% with 20-30% def ignore + misc effects. The armor only adds a 4-5% increase in demihuman damage resistance and a 5-20% hp cap increase.

#37 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

I believe majority of players would like to see KVM added since it is game balance patch added almost 10 years ago, and it will attract new players as well. GMs can we have a poll please?

In regards to KVM,

The issue as always is the weapons. As they increase demihuman damage 100+% with 20-30% def ignore + misc effects. The armor only adds a 4-5% increase in demihuman damage resistance and a 5-20% hp cap increase.

GM many players have incantation samurai card (ignore def) thanatos card (more def more damage) crit sinX = (ignores def) RTE weapon (ignores def) sharpshoot (ignore def) BG weapon sinX (ignore 20% def) GM please implement KVM or add a poll to see community thoughts.

Edited by aaadvanced, 23 March 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#38 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

The KVM weapons & gear are not best in slot for a lot of classes that can acquire MVP carded gear these were brought mainly for the have nots to set a foot into woe be comparable damage to megged sin x in ground control. A basic gear champ can compete with the champ that has 35billion in gear and you are forgetting those weapons only become powerful at +7 and higher Rng upgrading is Still a thing and they also cost 2000kvm badges which don't drop over night

Edited by zerowon, 23 March 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

In regards to KVM,

It's way more balanced than a lot of the items, such as mental potions that you have added.
The damage actually balances out. I can't believe that is your concern, it is a TERRIBLE idea to not implement them.

Also, how can you argue this when you have people on a practically dead server just pumping out God items? At least Iris had KvM near the end.
This is a terrible argument that you have sent forth.

#40 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Campitor was here editing a post or making a new post forever and then just vanished.

Unless this is the announcement of safe certs coming to Classic, the weapons take extreme luck to unlock their full benefits. +9s before any augmented upgrading was released were almost non existent. There's is literally no reason to not implement these with a "too strong" argument.

Also, have you actually done the math, Camp? The KvM set (not including the weapons) is a huge survival tool for some classes.

Edited by Myzery, 23 March 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#41 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Also I'd like to know who you even get your data fromjust by number crunching or do you have a unbiased poll of random ppl
That know actual game mechanics builds from various severs best /worst case damage scenarios or just refuse to try a real world test into this as kvm is the least of worrys in power kreep. I also know most of the changes kro done to slow down God creation and make Econ forts/certain parts worth more then the creation run itself.

#42 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

KVM: Questionaire https://goo.gl/forms/ocigdd1dOjuZ3QqB2

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Also I'd like to know who you even get your data fromjust by number crunching or do you have a unbiased poll of random ppl
That know actual game mechanics builds from various severs best /worst case damage scenarios or just refuse to try a real world test into this as kvm is the least of worrys in power kreep. I also know most of the changes kro done to slow down God creation and make Econ forts/certain parts worth more then the creation run itself.

I was pulling from the special effects table of the weapons. I put up a poll so players can help us understand their views. But we are not going to do a poll for "yes" or "no" for implementation.

#44 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for doing that at least, Campitor. On a server like Classic, I feel like botting would be easier to police.

PvE, unless it's very difficult probably shouldn't ever be an option.

Also, please remember that this is an MMO and you should work with your friends and guild members to take out strong threats.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

The problem I see with the weapons and rings is that regardless of the implementation it'll be abused. Look at Classic BG, it's still farmed even though it's random

(which is bs and removes any chance of actual competition)

The jRO link system is very complicated but would be monopolized by a small group; I don't believe for one second that people who complain about seal quests being PVE and too tedious will sit down and work their way through a long and tedious PVE system for KVM items. 

That said, I really think the armor pieces will be beneficial for a few classes, but not all as many still rely on their Anti-stun valk/bg sets etc. 

The real classes to benefit here will be swordie class (weapons and armor), Assassins (the weapon; which with the LFH will be ridiculous) and wizards will benefit from the staff (magic is stupid on classic thanks to skull caps)

LKs are already kinda powerful.... so idk... This sounds like bad news to me. 

#46 Jpapi

Jpapi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

please implement the headgear Evolved Magestic Goat/Gigantic Magestic Goat (Adds 12% tolerance against Demi-Human monster).

#47 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

There's other guilds capable of doing woe1 god runs also (the mighty cawks ) we have done it befor and will keep doing so just gotta putt ur big boy pants on ;)

#48 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

You all are forgetting that, with the implementation of KvM rings, you can achieve fire and water immunity.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

You all are forgetting that, with the implementation of KvM rings, you can achieve fire and water immunity.

I didnt forget that ;)

#everyonehasagtbnow

#50 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

That immunity comes with a cost, though I wouldn't mind if the rings weren't implemented.

Edited by Indalecio, 23 March 2017 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users