Classic March 23rd Maintenance Thread - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic March 23rd Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

KVM should be implemented. KVM should be tested to make sure you can't abuse the system. No class gets a game breaking boost from KVM as long as it is implemented without abuse potentials and there is no way to safely upgrade weps (certs). I think the rings would be good. The amount of damage that people are able to pull off is insane and more defensive gears should be implemented.

KVM offers more defensive setups and the amount of sheer damage potential in classic is insane. I would vote for anything that decreases damage on this server. 

Final point, before it is overlooked. Put KVM in without abuse potential. 

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

I think the rings should be changed to neutral to help offset the overabundance of sp/bomb items.

#53 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

I would like them to include neutral or put in a baby version of imuke shields to offset the standard valk shield.

#54 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

I feel like the extra 10% WoE skill damage reduction classic has compared to standard pre-renewal does enough to offset the extra damage. There's also infinite slims on the server for people to spam thanks to GSBs.

#55 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

immune shield would be a pretty good classic item considering how much valkyrie shield tops everything

#56 Rivatha

Rivatha

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hold on... Why is a Demi-Human mob considered a fish?

#57 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

they probably just use the ID names and that monster is in use for something else like challenge dungeon / hazy

#58 Votto

Votto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

We feel this will scale better to player levels. Fin.

Get it???... "scale" better... fish... i see what they did there...

#59 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

To Ozalia:

If this is the case, will we be given another way to get a slotted st patty hat in the future?

#60 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

If you're going to implement KVM leave it how it is no need to change the rings. thx.

#61 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

If this is the case, will we be given another way to get a slotted st patty hat in the future?

All right. So O'Rielly will allow you to exchange the first hat in your inventory for a socketed hat now. THIS INCLUDES OLDER SOCKETED HATS! So be sure to have JUST the hat you want to exchange in your inventory. However, doing so will remove the following:

Character name from the hat

Refinement

Enchants

Cards (But if you're exchanging an unsocketed version it shouldn't have one)

#62 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Thanks Ozallia

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

If anyone's hat has enchants, there's a big problem

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

If anyone's hat has enchants, there's a big problem

Cards, enchants, and character names are all stored in the same place on gears.

#65 SRamos

SRamos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

All right. So O'Rielly will allow you to exchange the first hat in your inventory for a socketed hat now. THIS INCLUDES OLDER SOCKETED HATS! So be sure to have JUST the hat you want to exchange in your inventory. However, doing so will remove the following:

Character name from the hat

Refinement

Enchants

Cards (But if you're exchanging an unsocketed version it shouldn't have one)

Thank you!

#66 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

@Campitor: Implementing KVM is not going to solve Classics issues, merely silence the one person who has been asking for it repeatedly (and further reinforce the idea that whining on the forums is the only way to get anything done). What you need to address is the fact that of the three servers you are currently running for iRO Classic feels like it gets very little attention or support. Late last year you started a project to add a game system to replace/change the cash shop, it took a handful of months to turn into what it is now and still doesnt feel finished. Lost has been asking in the other thread if the system is finished or if we're still getting other tiers of boxes that were being alluded to earlier. Things get implemented slowly and never feel finished, as someone who has played on and off for the length of Classic I really dont believe enough thought goes into Classic outside of your few hours a week of maintenance where it seems like all of the development and content creation gets done.

Unfortunately you guys dont understand the game quite as well as we do, which makes it hard for you to make "good" decisions because you need to listen to the community and people are frequently wrong or misleading (intentionally or not). The best way to combat this is to plan ahead, collect community responses the way you are with KVM, publicly announce a decision (with some reasons and compromises) and then actually act on it. If you can do this and do it in a timely fashion you will start to earn players trust back.

For Classic to get "better" in the eyes of the players it sits on your shoulders as the Director because things need to change from the very top and filter down to us. Most of the people here are passionate and enjoy the game/server, there's plenty that can be done to make it a better place, everyones idea of better will be different. But what everyone can probably agree on is that we need more players, for people to want to come here or to stick around community response needs to be more positive. So show us that you also care, lets talk about the future, lets see some finished projects.

If you need some ideas for things to open some dialogue about here's a couple off the top of my head:

• What's the deal with your box system, is it "done"? New Tiers? Are people happy with it? Has there/will there ever been any events that award the Silver Keys?
  • Hazy/Challenge Dungeon revisit these?
  • New player experience, were you ever going to change Janeway or the other TI quests?
  • End game experience, would you consider some new content for people to do?
  • BG/PvP enhancements?

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

@Campitor: Implementing KVM is not going to solve Classics issues, merely silence the one person who has been asking for it repeatedly (and further reinforce the idea that whining on the forums is the only way to get anything done). What you need to address is the fact that of the three servers you are currently running for iRO Classic feels like it gets very little attention or support. Late last year you started a project to add a game system to replace/change the cash shop, it took a handful of months to turn into what it is now and still doesnt feel finished. Lost has been asking in the other thread if the system is finished or if we're still getting other tiers of boxes that were being alluded to earlier. Things get implemented slowly and never feel finished, as someone who has played on and off for the length of Classic I really dont believe enough thought goes into Classic outside of your few hours a week of maintenance where it seems like all of the development and content creation gets done.

Unfortunately you guys dont understand the game quite as well as we do, which makes it hard for you to make "good" decisions because you need to listen to the community and people are frequently wrong or misleading (intentionally or not). The best way to combat this is to plan ahead, collect community responses the way you are with KVM, publicly announce a decision (with some reasons and compromises) and then actually act on it. If you can do this and do it in a timely fashion you will start to earn players trust back.

For Classic to get "better" in the eyes of the players it sits on your shoulders as the Director because things need to change from the very top and filter down to us. Most of the people here are passionate and enjoy the game/server, there's plenty that can be done to make it a better place, everyones idea of better will be different. But what everyone can probably agree on is that we need more players, for people to want to come here or to stick around community response needs to be more positive. So show us that you also care, lets talk about the future, lets see some finished projects.

If you need some ideas for things to open some dialogue about here's a couple off the top of my head:

• What's the deal with your box system, is it "done"? New Tiers? Are people happy with it? Has there/will there ever been any events that award the Silver Keys?
  • Hazy/Challenge Dungeon revisit these?
  • New player experience, were you ever going to change Janeway or the other TI quests?
  • End game experience, would you consider some new content for people to do?
  • BG/PvP enhancements?

Agreeing publicly with Themes for extra impact. 

#68 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

sad

#69 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

KvM won't solve the issues, but it does bring things in line to where they should honestly be for a server called "Classic".

Everything that you mentioned, Themes, is on point, the majority of the people left on the server outside of VH probably won't be interested in doing PvE stuff.

#70 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Agreeing publicly with Themes for extra impact. 

When is WoE 2 tomorrow? What time? Thanks 

Check PM and facebook too sometimes ... -_-

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

KvM won't solve the issues, but it does bring things in line to where they should honestly be for a server called "Classic".

Everything that you mentioned, Themes, is on point, the majority of the people left on the server outside of VH probably won't be interested in doing PvE stuff.

And when we do we'll just get accused of ruining the server even more kkkkk

When is WoE 2 tomorrow? What time? Thanks 

Check PM and facebook too sometimes ... -_-

noon on sundays

#72 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Oh for sure KvM should be implemented. I've been all for it throughout the server, I'm mostly in favour of more gear (as long as it's well balanced) as the part of the game thats the most fun is making builds to utilise things in creative ways.

My issue with it is that this KvM data gathering is just going to be another smoke screen. They collect words, think about it then either do nothing or say "we thought about it and cant find a good way to implement it" and just leave things alone.

Honestly PvE is more active than PvP/WoE. You'd probably be surprised how many people would get on board to play, as long as it was done well enough there's no reason why people wouldnt be interested in earning gear that way. Ideally you'd be able to get it done from all aspects of the game. My issue with making it BG earned is that BGs right now are just farmed with endless AFK players. Like everything else I have a ton of ideas and words to write about how that could be approached but honestly it's a waste of my time and yours to read whatever I write because it's unlikely anything will ever come from it.

I was going to sit down and quote all of the Good Mornings from late last year but the forums started to break after I got a couple of weeks posts in there, but just imagine 20 some of these:

Classic:

• Treasure Cache
    • The rewards in general just don't seem to have the immediate benefit that players would expect from the system. We will be revamping the rewards for the common items and have a post for that this week.
  • Headgear Quest
    • This weeks headgear is: Evil Mask [0]
    • Ridewords and Lunatics will no longer from their Certificates
  • Spotlight Change to Nifleheim

There's only so many times I can see "We are looking at expanding the treasure cache and adding a new hat quest!!!".

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

Am I seriously the only person that put "unfrozen ghost" and "kvm rings" together mentally (you only need one diab afterall)

thats like, as unclassic as it gets. 

#74 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

There's only so many times I can see "We are looking at expanding the treasure cache and adding a new hat quest!!!".

I don't even understand how red/yellow pots even made it in there as rewards anyway.

Anybody who has actually managed to get a key is guaranteed to be past the point where those are of any use.

#75 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

One thing I definitely agree with is people shouldn't be able to AFK their way to top tier rewards. It would be extremely hard to stop it, but even with PvM I guess people would still be carried through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users