• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 3165170312172028040

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

So i've been doing snooping around.

It seems the 2 most used are Dieter and Seras. I can understand the Dieter part being fire (more damage over most mobs), and Volcanic Ash makes Lava Slide 150% damage.

But what is up with Sera? Apart from her Poison Mist.

What does she have over Dieter? or is it there is some advantages with Poison Mist over Lava Slide?

For the benefit of all in this HQ, let's hear it if you are a Sera owner.

#2 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

Because Painkiller. Literally begins and ends with that.

I own two pair of genes with them (2 seras and 2 dieters) and economically speaking, especially after Cylinder, she is A LOT "cheaper", because it will trivialize leveling so you barely need to pot and you don't need Dieter extra damage because your damage is already pretty god damn high.

Going beyond leveling, imo they both do different things: Dieter makes bosses faster, Sera makes instances easier. Stuff like Malangdo, Charleston and Sarah and Fenrir are a pain because stuff hits like a freight truck, you have relatively low HP and leeching is very poor on the class, so you'll have to pot quite a bit, but if you use Sera that suddenly becomes a joke. Yeah she is worst to someone like Charleston herself but the supplies you save from not having to pot like crazy definetly makes up for it.

Dieter is better for BBs, camping MVPs, ET and Central Laboratory, where the main gig about those is "Kill the boss".

Sera is better Hazy Forest, Charleston, Devil's Tower and Malangdo Sewers, where is more about minimizing the costs to increase the profit.

In general, Sera is probably the best for solo players, but if you're doing parties with guild or w/e I say go Dieter because it will maximize your damage and you'll usually have an AB to "get you". Not that you can't use Dieter solo (on the contrary) or vice-versa, but that's the impression I got overall. 

Edited by LunaMoonBunny, 24 March 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:57 AM

Apart from Pyroclastic(dieter damage buff) he is much,much, MUCH more usefull in boss and tough fights than sera. Granitic armor 10% damage reduction is very good on big hits. Volcanic Ash apart from it's effect depending on the monster race/element wich are already very good, also increases fire damage the target receives if he's standing there(perfect for using iron cannonballs+pyroclastic) and the 50% skill fail chance affects monsters and mvps too, it can make even their earthquake fail.
Ah dieter levels faster than sera :v

Sera as already mentioned is for making you not worry on hits of 1000 or bellow.

#4 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

The most amusing thing I've done with a Sera on my Geneticist is reducing Bio3 MVP normal, non-powered up attack damage down to 1. Of course, I'd get absolutely rekt with elemental attacks plus magic. iirc, Seyren's elemental attack did about 30k-35k damage.

Of course, all that was done back when OP gears from Overseas Care Packages didn't exist. If I ever updated that old setup using the new defensive gears (which won't happen cos I don't play anymore), I'd be able to tank them if I was careful (and not get lagged + DC'd like in this old screenshot).

eXhTIKo.jpg

Edited by DarkGazer, 25 March 2017 - 03:00 AM.

#5 3165170312172028040

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:23 AM

The most amusing thing I've done with a Sera on my Geneticist is reducing Bio3 MVP normal, non-powered up attack damage down to 1. Of course, I'd get absolutely rekt with elemental attacks plus magic. iirc, Seyren's elemental attack did about 30k-35k damage.

Of course, all that was done back when OP gears from Overseas Care Packages didn't exist. If I ever updated that old setup using the new defensive gears (which won't happen cos I don't play anymore), I'd be able to tank them if I was careful (and not get lagged + DC'd like in this old screenshot).

eXhTIKo.jpg

what is Bio3 MVP normal

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Normal as in, without power up active(adds 200% to every damage he does, increasing skills damage and tripling autoattacks)

#7 vangaration

vangaration

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Additionally, what are people building as the base for their Seras and Dieters?  I've heard good things about Vanilmirths being the base, as they have good stat spread, however, I feel like Vanilmirth's skills become obsolete compared to Amistr and maybe Filir, though I still don't know how I feel with a Filir base.  Lif apparently falls off.  I was previously a Vanilmirth lover, however, switched to Amistr due to his skills which still seem to be useful in S forms.  Does it really matter in the end? 

#8 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

The only useful skill from a base homun will be Castling (amistr) and Amistr bulwak (amistr). The rest of the choice of early homun would boil down to how fast you want it to level. Amistr is really really painful.

Also, dont forget that vanil has the 2nd best in terms of stats (HP) compared to amistr, this could prolong the tanking duration of your homun in certain situations. Vanil is a must to brew as well.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

amistr always

#10 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

no

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

it's the only homun that carries on really usefull skills onto the S form :v

Vanil "faster leveling" is not that much faster when amistr has dance attack set up(he is the hardest hitter of the base homuns), and it is completely uneeded once the S forms get their AoE.

You'd use Vanil if you want to brew, but then again, you can get perfect rates through gear and stats alone if you want to(and his bonus doesnt carries for genetic brewing)

#12 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

I've met sosososo many people who gave up after amistr becomes homun S. Typically the rate of giving up is the peak at level 103~

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

And the time they leveled and loyaled their Vanil again they would've gotten Lava Slide already :v

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

So, bloodlust is not worth getting?

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

It's optional, but damage buff will help you to get through lvls 100~109 faster

#16 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Bloodlust is always worth getting, but the only homunculus who gets any actual impactful benefit from it is Dieter because if you Bloodlust and Magma Flow you can have a really easy time leveling, for everyone else is just "nice".

#17 vangaration

vangaration

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

Ok.  Thanks for the feed back guys.  (Sorry for ninja-ing the thread!)  Glad I made the switch to Amistr.  Still having troubles on whether I want Sera or Dieter because I want to do it all on one Geneticist (...and don't really want to make a second Geneticist) but leaning more towards Dieter. 

#18 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

they just play without a homun lol

#19 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Is it worthit lleaving my gene lvl 100 and waiting for my homun to get poison mist?
I am planning to stay at low ti for homun mobs leveling while afk..

#20 Usernamedenied

Usernamedenied

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Is it worthit lleaving my gene lvl 100 and waiting for my homun to get poison mist?
I am planning to stay at low ti for homun mobs leveling while afk..

If you level at OD2, your Gene will be around lvl 103 by the time your Sera gets Poison Mist. Not a big loss really.

But why level in low ti? I find homun leveling very slow there because of heavy comp.

#21 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

But why level in low ti? I find homun leveling very slow there because of heavy comp.

Because maybe i can go afk in low ti while mobs continue to spawn due to high number of players there.

On oD2 i think theres no one there on thor. So i have to continuously move around the map.

#22 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Go Amistr+Deiter. His Vit buff is great, Pyro, Granatic Armor, Volcanic Ash are all very useful skills.

I also have a Vanil + Sera and even though she is great for reducing damage, kiting on a Gene became very easy with the Cylinder hairband. so damage is not much of an issue if you can kite properly.

Sera becomes less and less relevant as you become stronger, where Dieter becomes more relevant as you become stronger. I vote, go Dieter.

#23 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Damn, this thread is up again. After reading all these Sera or Dieter post I'm starting to regret getting a Sera.

But whatever, it's not like I'll have a party with me whenever I go MvP hunting or do something with my Gene.

#24 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

Sera is good for tanking mobs in instances and dungeons, especially good if you have reduction gears/cards like DR Etran. Theres no need to regret getting Sera, just different styles for different players.

#25 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Sera is good for tanking mobs in instances and dungeons, especially good if you have reduction gears/cards like DR Etran. Theres no need to regret getting Sera, just different styles for different players.

Regrets if you have 120 STR/DEX and 1 AGI build. The ASPD reduction from Pain Killer's is pretty substantial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users