Blacksmith vs Alchemist and beyond job classes - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Blacksmith vs Alchemist and beyond job classes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ramblingrose35
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewel

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

I've had my merchant forever. Oh goodness... maybe well over 10 years because I stopped playing for a long long time. I had always intended on her being a BS but now I'm not sure. I'm not super rich because I quit so long ago. I read that to play BS you need to be rich because of the Mammonite skill. I saw that on http://irowiki.org/wiki/Blacksmith. I used to make decent zeny back in the day on my merchant when I afk'ed and went to sleep. I've always like the fact that BS can refine gear. That's why I was drawn to making a merchant back in the day. I just saw this on the page I listed, "If players truly desire to follow the forging path, then it is STRONGLY recommended to just make a battlesmith and transcend to Mastersmith, since Mastersmiths have higher success rate due to higher job level, as well as the Upgrade Weapon ability, which is really the major source of income for a forge smith. The majority of forgesmiths nowadays only use the Weapon Upgrade ability and have given up on forging elemental weapons."  I'm looking for a viable way to make a ton of zeny because I'm really cash poor and I love my merch and after all these years, I'd like to finally class change her haha I don't have to be a Mastersmith. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what my options are and which class I might enjoy the most. Alchemist sounds fun and people are always using pots. I've been away for so long so I'm trying to understand what the different classes up until 3-2 job class are and how much of an interest I would have playing them.

Edited by silkrose33, 25 March 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

If you didnt have any funds to begin with, then blacksmith is better because you can learn natural greed skill which is really useful to reap loots in Gramps Turn-Ins then overcharge players less sought loots to NPC.

If you got strong funding, then alchemist and its successor classes are better in almost all aspects both moneymaking, leveling, DPS, etc (PvM Wise), WoE /PvP wise Blacksmith advanced class tree is better (Self Destruct and Axe Boomerang)

Forge BS is trash in renewal, elemental converters and crimson weapons render them obsolete but mastersmith for refining/upgrade weapons still ok for earning zeny from selling safe certs or cheap upgrade weapon spares to +10 w/o using any certs/premium ores (HD/Enriched ores)

#3 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

If you didnt have any funds to begin with, then blacksmith is better because you can learn natural greed skill which is really useful to reap loots in Gramps Turn-Ins then overcharge players less sought loots to NPC.

If you got strong funding, then alchemist and its successor classes are better in almost all aspects both moneymaking, leveling, DPS, etc (PvM Wise), WoE /PvP wise Blacksmith advanced class tree is better (Self Destruct and Axe Boomerang)

Forge BS is trash in renewal, elemental converters and crimson weapons render them obsolete but mastersmith for refining/upgrade weapons still ok for earning zeny from selling safe certs or cheap upgrade weapon spares to +10 w/o using any certs/premium ores (HD/Enriched ores)

I went ahead and made her a BS But my stats look wonky to me at 61

http://i447.photobuc...zps61gfs45j.jpg

#4 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Well, I saw that you got the stats spread too wide in the beginning. you might have hard time leveling early with wide stats spread and less fund

If I didn't have enough funds I will invest more on AGI for reducing consumables cost through fast single target killing using axe/mace (you got adrenaline rush, weapon perfection, powerthrust, power maximize for optimization) :p_smile:

If I did have enough funds I will invest more in vit and use cart revolution AoE and tank lots of enemies by myself through consumables use :p_smile:

If I were lazy, I'll just dual login and use another class to kill while my blacksmith just autofollowing me from behind inside party :heh:

#5 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

nowdays not worthy became forger blacksmith

their role to earn zeny from create item is replaced by biochemist

but if you really low fund, blacksmith is good starter for earn zeny. you can greed loot on low TI and sell it to NPC

#6 silkrose33

silkrose33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Well, I saw that you got the stats spread too wide in the beginning. you might have hard time leveling early with wide stats spread and less fund

If I didn't have enough funds I will invest more on AGI for reducing consumables cost through fast single target killing using axe/mace (you got adrenaline rush, weapon perfection, powerthrust, power maximize for optimization) :p_smile:

If I did have enough funds I will invest more in vit and use cart revolution AoE and tank lots of enemies by myself through consumables use :p_smile:

If I were lazy, I'll just dual login and use another class to kill while my blacksmith just autofollowing me from behind inside party :heh:

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm just not sure how to spread them around correctly.  As for funds, yeah no lol I haven't played in over 10 years I'm so poor it's not even funny /heh

I was looking at this from the iro wiki BS page

AGI Build

• STR: 70-90
  • AGI: 80-99
  • VIT: 50-70
  • INT: 1
  • DEX: 40-60
  • LUK: 20-40

The AGI build is usually recommended for newer players without funds. They have high ASPD and FLEE for quick single target killing, so it uses minimal HP / SP Healing Items. Their main method of attack is melee-ing single monsters with Adrenaline Rush and other damage boosting buffs active. Blacksmiths do not have skills that increase flee rate (like a Thief's Improve Dodge, so it is recommended to use at least SOME sort of FLEE gear (such as Falcon Muffler or Whisper carded garment).

Primary Skills: Adrenaline RushWeapon PerfectionPower ThrustMaximize PowerHammer Fall Skin Tempering

or 

Cart Revolution Build

• STR: 70-90
  • AGI: 30-50
  • VIT: 70-90
  • INT: 1+
  • DEX: 50
  • LUK: 20-40

This build is centred around the Cart Revolution skill for AoEing groups of monsters at once. Blacksmiths can also play as tank/puller for parties, especially if switching to a Fortune Sword and Shields with Racial Reduction CardsSkin Tempering adds an extra 5% Neutral reduction, which is helpful for stacking with Raydric Card and other Neutral resist gear. ASPD does help Cart Revolution spam rate, especially when pushing monsters against walls. Hammer Fall is useful for stunning monsters to temporarily disable them. Mammonite still provides high single target damage.

Skills: Cart Revolution (Quest Skill, given for free after Transcending), Adrenaline RushWeapon PerfectionPower ThrustMaximize PowerHammer FallSkin Tempering

Edited by silkrose33, 28 March 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#7 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

plain non-slotted pantie and undershirt combo way cheaper than whisper carded garments :heh:

You can also opt for pantie and slotted undershirt carded with either whisper or kavach icarus card if you got more funds later on

It's good early investment because it's equippable by all classes with no level requirements :p_smile:

#8 ForensicPharmacy

ForensicPharmacy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Locationwhere the corpse spawn.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

There are tons of new cards & items are not included in that Mech iro Wiki.

ex.

Unread Knight F card (+20 SP recover in every short range & + 1 Sp per refine garment). [15m]

Earth deleter card (10 SP per melee kill ARMOR) [5m]

you can use axe tornado + lava flow and greed skill in low TI 

Edited by ForensicPharmacy, 29 March 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#9 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Forensics Pharmacy or anyone could give a try to register as iROwiki contributor if you have the relevant knowledge and wish to donate your knowledge and spare time to iRO community.

here is the registration page  :p_smile:

Also you can ask related questions here, in case you got some :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users