bounty board revitalization - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

bounty board revitalization

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

POPULAR

i visited lasagna dungeon today and wow....the spawn is fantastic. also the exp is quite good, about the same as eclage tower. And the spawn and the exp will go to waste since it is outshined by regions which has bounty board such as scarabas and NCT. Even Ye Kim from kRO said lasagna is the new popular leveling places from level 125-150.

Can GM please dedicate little of their time to expand the BB system? perhaps delegating one staff to communicate to playerbase to expand this system. Well, fast leveling wont hurt, player exploring the world wont hurt, player maxmimizing the use of bmx3 also wont hurt. Especially level 150+ zones since there are only 2 places available which are bio4 and NCT.

Verus is good, suitable level, and encouraging party play. But without BB, no one wants to spend their time there. Except those bots who always running around on verus field which never seems to be tired.

SYSTEM REVITALIZATION

1. Kill Count

Should the kill count stays at 150? or should it be lowered? increased?

suggestion: 

-lowered: 100

-increased: 300; 400; 1000

2. Exp Gained

Should the exp gained stays at 75% per kill? should it be lowered? increased?

suggestion:

-lowered: 70% for non VIP; 70% for lower level boards

-increased: 80%; 100%; 90% for higher level boards

3. Rewards

Should the zeny stays at 37500? should it be lowered? increased? given another reward? EMB reward is already suitable?

suggestion:

- zeny: zeny rewards is fine as it is; zeny rewards should be scaled on monster difficulty (level); delete zeny rewards on high level boards

- EMB: EMB is fine as it is; delete EMB from rewards; replace EMB with another items

- items: reward specific given items (example: investment items) for every board on each areas; given an are box containing specific items

- my own proposal: zeny stays the same, while EMB from collecting full boards is deleted. The full board collection now will net you a box item (vary each board) which gives random item when opened. There are grade S thanks box (for level 140 boards), grade A thanks box (for level 120 boards), grade B thanks box (for level 100 boards), grade C thanks box (for level 70 boards), grade D thanks box (for level 40 boards), grade E thanks box (for level 20 boards), beginner thanks box (for level 1 boards), WoE thanks box (for woe 1 guild dungeon boards), Woe TE thanks box (for woe te guild dungeon boards), and WoE weapon supply box (for woe 2 guild dungeon boards). Here are the content of each boxes:

Spoiler

4. Exp given in smaller chunks

Well, i propose BB under level 70 needs the exp rewards to be given in chunks (4 chunks of exp is good i think), to prevent the exp to be wasted since the exp given is high, but it is capped to get 1,9 level per exp chunk. With smaller chunks, people can get multiple level ups per turn ins.

5. Misc

- Turn in All option: instead of forcing player to complete the whole board, make it check to how many quests done and turn in those instead. Example: NCT BB, only finished big bell, cursed box and cursed book. while big ben and neo punk unfinished. when choosing turn in all, only those 3 are counted.

- Ability to turn in unfinished quest but with exp penalty. Example: big bell only done 120/150. So, instead of giving 75% exp x 120 big bells, it is given penalty such as 50% exp x 120 big bells or lower.

- add another monster on hugel 81-100 boards to make farming EMB not tooooo easy.

BOARD EXPANSION

Here is the expansion idea (some boards with so many monsters should be divided into 2 boards to make it easier to collect the "all bounty" reward"), i suggest each board should have monster amount of 3-6. Next to level range is a reward when full board turn in is performed.

RUNE MIDGARD

Spoiler

SCHWARTZVALD

Spoiler

ARUNAFELTZ

Spoiler

NEW WORLD

Spoiler

OTHERS

Spoiler

i really have hope that this splendid project started by zerotigress need to be taken care of, since they are very helpful and become one of iRO trademark besides TI.

Here is the expansion idea (some boards with so many monsters should be divided into 2 boards to make it easier to collect the "all bounty" reward"), i suggest each board should have monster amount of 3-5:

Edited by fuyukikun, 15 October 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#2 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

thank you fuyukiiii

Sry, i thought its a lvling tip =-=

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 26 March 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Bounty Board as a system could be revisted period, I know Camp expressed interests at some point so it could be possible. But the system defo needs fleshing out more :D

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Bounty Board as a system could be revisted period, I know Camp expressed interests at some point so it could be possible. But the system defo needs fleshing out more :D

ideas?

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

In before Zero crucifies you.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

In before Zero crucifies you.

And of course Myzery has no idea what he's talking about.

https://forums.warpp...back/?p=2397852

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Project is dead <3

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Oda and Campitor wanted me off the project and that's what they got. Nothing more to say.

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

Lasagna and verus boards would be amazing

#10 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Oda and Campitor wanted me off the project and that's what they got. Nothing more to say.

We both also no that isn't quite correct. They had an issue with your attitude. Camp has mentioned when he has time he would like to restart the project again.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

We both also no that isn't quite correct. They had an issue with your attitude. Camp has mentioned when he has time he would like to restart the project again.

The attitude was the result of them ignoring me for a whole year, they brought it on themselves by giving me no answer for MONTHS when I was still polite. If they didn't have time to work on the project, they could've just said so instead of silently pretending they did have time. All I wanted was some decent communication of what they were capable of and they didn't even want to give me that when I've already spent 2 years designing and managing the boards.

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

The attitude was the result of them ignoring me for a whole year, they brought it on themselves by giving me no answer for MONTHS when I was still polite. If they didn't have time to work on the project, they could've just said so instead of silently pretending they did have time. All I wanted was some decent communication of what they were capable of and they didn't even want to give me that when I've already spent 2 years designing and managing the boards.

Yes but you need to look past it.

I know a thing or two about being patient with them as well you know :U

#13 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

And of course Myzery has no idea what he's talking about.

https://forums.warpp...back/?p=2397852

I know exactly what I am talking about. You have mercilessly flamed people in the past for suggestion things about the bounty board.
Maybe you don't care now, but you still showed up in the thread which is why I posted, because I knew you would be here. Not trying to be down on you or anything because it's probably insulting to have your project thrown out of whack.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Yes but you need to look past it.

I know a thing or two about being patient with them as well you know :U

IF they're willing to change, then so will I. Otherwise, if they're going to continue the way they did before, then expect more of the same. 

I know exactly what I am talking about. You have mercilessly flamed people in the past for suggestion things about the bounty board.
Maybe you don't care now, but you still showed up in the thread which is why I posted, because I knew you would be here. Not trying to be down on you or anything because it's probably insulting to have your project thrown out of whack.

Point out where I have flamed people for suggestions. The only flaming I've done is when people wanted to take over the project and attacked me for even getting it approved.

#15 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Lasagna is horrible for 175 maybe make it 160?

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

IF they're willing to change, then so will I. Otherwise, if they're going to continue the way they did before, then expect more of the same. 

Point out where I have flamed people for suggestions. The only flaming I've done is when people wanted to take over the project and attacked me for even getting it approved.

I'll look tomorrow but there were a few times where you were at least really negative towards the people wanting to expand the boards.
If I recall, you were also against the NCT boards, but it could have been from the lack of response from Camp/Oda.

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Lasagna is horrible for 175 maybe make it 160?

since it homes 175 doram set, it is still relevant for people who wants to farm the set as well as leveling. some monsters also are in level 144-145 which is still relevant to level 174-175.

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

also NCT boards granted due to the big amount of cries on forum.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

I'll look tomorrow but there were a few times where you were at least really negative towards the people wanting to expand the boards.
If I recall, you were also against the NCT boards, but it could have been from the lack of response from Camp/Oda.

I wanted the original concept to have a chance first before expanding, but people didn't even want to do that before it was completed. The boards were never intended to replace Gramps, but supplement field/dungeon leveling. People attacked me for even supporting the sector of players who didn't like Gramps-speed leveling.

also NCT boards granted due to the big amount of cries on forum.

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

well, lets just hope this time they will have better response since they have new people (Astra and Ozallia). Hope they can renew their relationship to playerbase.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

The bounty boards could to with a little tlc, and some expansion of purpose. There is a lot of things you could do to hold them true to their purpose and make them useful at the same time.

But seriously, like any project that involves the community, it's usually when, not if, because sadly things always get delayed by the continuous problems that plague RO.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 March 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

that, the community already used to the 'climate' of projects.

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

The bounty boards could to with a little tlc, and some expansion of purpose. There is a lot of things you could do to hold them true to their purpose and make them useful at the same time.

But seriously, like any project that involves the community, it's usually when, not if, because sadly things always get delayed by the continuous problems that plague RO.

At the very least, they could've straight up told me they don't have time for it anymore, rather than prattle on and on how they'll "get back to it after so-and-so" with every little thing. I'd rather they just be blunt rather than sugar-coat things if they're totally shelving it like every other community project.

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

At the very least, they could've straight up told me they don't have time for it anymore, rather than prattle on and on how they'll "get back to it after so-and-so" with every little thing. I'd rather they just be blunt rather than sugar-coat things if they're totally shelving it like every other community project.

Past is what it is Zero.

You know when and if there is time Camp is more than willing to try stuff. You know this yourself :X

1. Kill Count

Personally I think it should be increased to 200.

2. Exp Gained

I think 80% would be a better reward. Could make it 70% reward for non-VIP, 80% for VIP.

3. Rewards

Should the zeny stays at 37500? should it be lowered? increased? given another reward? EMB reward is already suitable?

I think zeny should be based on difficulty, maybe ((1000 * MonsterLevel) * (CharacterLevel / 100)). I think EMB should be cut completely from BBs and that zone boxes should be introduced. Zone boxes can be obtained by completing an entire zone bounty board. A zone is not neccessarily just an area, but could be a specific dungeon. It can give a bunch of random items, not limited to several useful equipment for the next phase, zone specific misc items in batches and cards. Think of it like a more specified OPB. Once again, things could be scaled via VIP.

Well, i propose BB under level 70 needs the exp rewards to be given in chunks (4 chunks of exp is good i think), to prevent the exp to be wasted since the exp given is high, but it is capped to get 1,9 level per exp chunk. With smaller chunks, people can get multiple level ups per turn ins.

Meh, this is only a problem under level 70 like stated, I think it should stay the way it is.

------------------------------------

I think the bounty board system is a great part of iRO, it could be made more user friendly, such as suggesting other local quest chains, or where to potentially go next. I know Zero doesn't see it as an alternative to Gramps, but I think if it is done well, it could be a replacement.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 March 2017 - 01:10 AM.

#25 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

SYSTEM REVITALIZATION

1. Kill Count

Should be increased to 400/450, 150 is too short and somehow cuts of the party a lot. We have TI but REAL MAPS should somehow compete with GrampsTI's

2. Exp Gained

Increase to 100% for VIP.!!

3. Rewards

No comment

with my suggestion to increase 400/450, i agree :D

i really have hope that this splendid project started by zerotigress need to be taken care of, since they are very helpful and become one of iRO trademark besides TI.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 27 March 2017 - 01:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users