Day 1 P2W disaster (level 15 characters with 1200+ atk/matk) - General Game Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Day 1 P2W disaster (level 15 characters with 1200+ atk/matk)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GoldRidley

GoldRidley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

I was in the closed beta.  I saw what was actually in the cash shop, and it was horrible. The whales will be spending hundreds of USD to get level 10 wings and lock down every MVP.  Max level wings take an insane number of diamonds, and give +1000 ATK/MATK and +20% atk/atk on top of that.  A level 99 trans character doesn't even approach that enormous number.  This one, several hundred dollar item, gives unbelievable power.

I can understand f2p titles including tangible advantages like faster leveling or shortcuts to making a guild or effective character, but there's no amount of careful planning, extra grinding or clever play will ever let a moderate spender compete with a whale.  The power gap has to be seen to be believed.   You will never "earn" your way to what the whales have because the whales will never let you participate in any of the game's lucrative income sources.  There's no MVP lottery.  You're not going to be on any of the rankings and you're not going to get the last hit.

You've been warned.  Players of real games, don't fall for these abusive pay to win mechanics.  Show companies that exploit players that this isn't a sustainable practice by walking way.

#2 Lithel

Lithel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/07DeadlySins
  • LocationProfessional hobo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

It sadly won't changed, I for one won't care playing this. I am not going to over invest time and I won't be spending any money (at least more than likely). I have other serious games/mmorpgs to play and don't feel like supporting a P2W. But I will still play it for free as it won't take much effort especially with their auto feature. Really at the end of the day I am just playing for the nostalgia. 

#3 SinKeyKO

SinKeyKO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

In shop you can buy only wing 4lv. 2599diamonds.(100matk)
For wings 10 lv you need +\- 100 wings 4 lv. and 500 +\- feather. This 700-1000$

Do you think there is an idiot who will spend more than 1000 dollars on a browser game?

Edited by SinKeyKO, 26 March 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#4 mbpants

mbpants

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Journey - S1

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

You're not going to be on any of the rankings and you're not going to get the last hit.

I agreed on the whales that will spend few hundred bucks. But you said about rankings and MVP Last hit is not true. I've tested Chinese server few weeks ago because they've opened another newly server so I get the chance to see if I could made it to Top 20s without spending any cents. And the result is awesome, Grinding from Day 1, farming stuffs, earning diamonds from whales by selling Cards, Feathers(Boss Drops), Halters(GTB Drops), Oris, Elus etc.. I could manage to beat average p2w players and got to top 15 till Day 6! If i'll put extra effort on it, I think i could prolly remain to top 20s and earn more diamonds to buy Max level Wings and Aura..

It seems that your knowledge from CBT is not enough to state your hilarious facts and encourage other player to get lost. Little information sucks big time. All i can see from your post is Generalizing most of the F2P games with p2w system is ridiculous. Im not gonna spoonfeed you here on how to Get your MAX LEVEL Wings. It's just your facts is somewhat unimaginable and seemingly funny.

But there's one thing I couldn't agree from this game. Socketing your weapon or other item for Boss cards cost 3999 diamonds! it's just pretty expensive for me because I normally play with different weapon and items.

dS2vB6i.jpg

#5 LazyFlux

LazyFlux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ROJ:S1-4

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

I agreed on the whales that will spend few hundred bucks. But you said about rankings and MVP Last hit is not true. I've tested Chinese server few weeks ago because they've opened another newly server so I get the chance to see if I could made it to Top 20s without spending any cents. And the result is awesome, Grinding from Day 1, farming stuffs, earning diamonds from whales by selling Cards, Feathers(Boss Drops), Halters(GTB Drops), Oris, Elus etc.. I could manage to beat average p2w players and got to top 15 till Day 6! If i'll put extra effort on it, I think i could prolly remain to top 20s and earn more diamonds to buy Max level Wings and Aura..

It seems that your knowledge from CBT is not enough to state your hilarious facts and encourage other player to get lost. Little information sucks big time. All i can see from your post is Generalizing most of the F2P games with p2w system is ridiculous. Im not gonna spoonfeed you here on how to Get your MAX LEVEL Wings. It's just your facts is somewhat unimaginable and seemingly funny.

But there's one thing I couldn't agree from this game. Socketing your weapon or other item for Boss cards cost 3999 diamonds! it's just pretty expensive for me because I normally play with different weapon and items.

dS2vB6i.jpg

Socketing - 1500 for 1st mvp slot at weapon, 1200 for other gears... 3999 for shield only (btw not sure about 3999... 2500 i believe)...

#6 JKunoe

JKunoe

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Well, experience from my country's servers, a small amount of $ at the beginning of the game could make the adventure easier, and with smarter players, 1-month VIP and starter investments might be enough to experience the game.

VIP status rewarded 200 pts to distribute to your stat. Well, take this oppotunity to try many initial builds for your character. See for yourself later in the game. At the first 50 levels, you can reset your stats and skill points freely, especially skill points is limited (98 sp only) but many skills and paths. Also, choosing the stat to improve priority is also important. Many builds (you can apply old build from classic RO or try a new one) depends on how you want to develop your character. Well, extra pts make your life easier only, dont feel bad other way.

For equipments need diamond like wings, lv 4 wings is enough, lv 10 wings has ridiculous success rate, so why bother? Lv4 wings can be obtained even no VIP with patience (I guess f2p players is master of patience). Applied to mount also. When you are reborn, with decent equipments, stat, etc... VIP or non-VIP doesn't matter much. I guess it depends on how you want to play the game only.

Despite of there are servers available in my country, but I've played other games from WP, so I've decided to wait for WP's server. I don't intend to pay if the conversion rate here too high compare to my country's ones. I just want to enjoy the whole processing, like figuring my best character build or collecting all of cards. Oh btw, card system here really... fun ;)

At the end, for a webgame, be prepare for many servers and quitters, you maybe not the star from the beginning, but if you could enjoy the game longer than anyone else, you could be a lot better than keep chasing new servers for very first rewards and ranking, the game could be dead in the player's hand and mindset. Chasing new server like having a never-ending lag at the start point. :v (sorry)

Hope the game can have many updates and events, a large community who will enjoy the game the unique way as they are

Edited by JKunoe, 26 March 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#7 Nikkoli

Nikkoli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Tried buying WP credits? And it keeps giving me a window talking about 24 hours after first transaction.. to check.. But ive tried the past 4 days and keep getting the same message. Not able to buy any credits???

#8 Jakeypie

Jakeypie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

It's quite easy to not spend on this game and get everything you want, you just have to wait a bit longer than everyone else.  It's the same as regular RO.  Earn zeny, farm items, sell in market = profit.  Use profit to buy what you want.  Do I like cash shops?  No.  Is there a way to get premium items without spending?  Yes.  If you like a game, support it.  The servers aren't free and neither is employing the people running them.  Just have fun!   Not having fun?  Don't play.

#9 Ramith

Ramith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

You can buy crazy strong items early on, but don't expect to see anyone with high level wings early as it require alot of zeny to combine higher tiers of the wings, 2x lvl 4 wings + xx zeny = lvl 5, repeat the process up to lvl 10 wings D:

#10 GoldRidley

GoldRidley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Is there a way to get premium items without spending?  Yes.

You were warned.  What's waiting is quite unlike what you're used to.  I'm amazed at the roweb shill in here trying to tell me otherwise.  He's like a beaten dog.  He doesn't know any other way of life than being abused.  He thinks his experience in roweb was normal, acceptable.

Peace out!  You'll be bothered no more by yours truly.

#11 exaccuss

exaccuss

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

This...is really disappointing. I'd expect this kind of crap from R2Games, I will at least give this game a proper go, but if it's still a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge cash grab, i will not be staying long. I seriously hope you have changed things warpportal. I understand you want to make money. I really do. But these kind of get rich quick schemes are just pathetic when the game will more than likely flop in a few months and turn into another wings of destiny. That game hasnt had any sort of content update for over a year, and they only thing they post on their website is all these 'sales' they have going on.

#12 Jakeypie

Jakeypie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

You were warned.  What's waiting is quite unlike what you're used to.  I'm amazed at the roweb shill in here trying to tell me otherwise.  He's like a beaten dog.  He doesn't know any other way of life than being abused.  He thinks his experience in roweb was normal, acceptable.

Peace out!  You'll be bothered no more by yours truly.

You are entitled to your opinion.  Typically shill's are paid for their endorsement right?  I'm simply stating facts, and nobody is twisting my arm.  I hope we all can have fun in game.  

#13 KAYLUM

KAYLUM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

In shop you can buy only wing 4lv. 2599diamonds.(100matk)
For wings 10 lv you need +\- 100 wings 4 lv. and 500 +\- feather. This 700-1000$

Do you think there is an idiot who will spend more than 1000 dollars on a browser game?

of course there is. and he is not idiot it is a matter of choice and happiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users