• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jhoferlim

jhoferlim

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Can someone tell me a Mage Build? Which attribute should I focus on? Full intelligence or merge with some other attribute

#2 LazyFlux

LazyFlux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ROJ:S1-4

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

120int 120dex

rest for vit

#3 KAYLUM

KAYLUM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

int and dex but you need to balance it in leveling up so you will not get hard time in getting as possible stats .

#4 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Int and Dex can be a great build for cooldown reduction, but since mages are quite squishy, a bit of VIT can be helpful as well. Final builds will vary, but the discussion during CBT seemed to lean toward VIT over DEX because the CD reduction is not that impressive. A lot of mages were having issues AOE grinding once they reached Alarms and Majo's, and opted to increase their DEF talents in the single target tree. The damage reduction is impressive. This all depends on gear and level, though. I was Int>Vit>Dex at level 9x in CBT and could tank similar level bosses, but my gear wasn't typical. Thankfully, you can change stats and skills in game, so you can make adjustments as needed due to level or gear changes. 

Good luck!

#5 kramotax

kramotax

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

Int and Dex can be a great build for cooldown reduction, but since mages are quite squishy, a bit of VIT can be helpful as well. Final builds will vary, but the discussion during CBT seemed to lean toward VIT over DEX because the CD reduction is not that impressive. A lot of mages were having issues AOE grinding once they reached Alarms and Majo's, and opted to increase their DEF talents in the single target tree. The damage reduction is impressive. This all depends on gear and level, though. I was Int>Vit>Dex at level 9x in CBT and could tank similar level bosses, but my gear wasn't typical. Thankfully, you can change stats and skills in game, so you can make adjustments as needed due to level or gear changes. 

Good luck!

can you help me about skill tree also? i found out some skill little bit confusing ahahahahaha

#6 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

It completely depends on what you'd like to do! You can unlock two skill trees in separate tabs which allows you to have one AoE spec and one that is focused on defense or single target or whatever your needs are. Max your first-class bolts, and then work your way down the tree to get the AoE you need for grinding. I had a lot of success at mid levels by starting with energy coat to the +DEF skill (10 points in) then the rest in AoEs for grinding. It really minimizes your need for pots and keeps you from dying if you're solo AoEing. I can log in a bit later and screenshot some of the builds I tried if that helps!

#7 Aggiechu

Aggiechu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:43 AM

I was trying to decrease the cast cool down time but it didn't seem to change much when I add dex.

How much dex is required to actually see a difference?!

#8 Aggiechu

Aggiechu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Also, I'm thinking of putting verit card in a staff...but not sure which one is the best

since it's + magic attack and not % like the physical attack....

so maybe a lower slot with higher default magic attack is better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users