[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

This applies mostly to chaos as prices and quantities of items vary between chaos and thor.

Being a ranked brewer is a lot of work, it takes loads of time to brew giant stockpiles of potions, a great amount of that time is because of the weight of White Potion.

[item='504']

If the recipe for spiritual potion creation 2 were changed to include a different item id than the white potions and there was a separate misc version of white pots it would help Brewers immensely. Like if we got a White Potion in the etc. tab that had no use except for brewing and weighed 1.

It would also help to have the NPC that converts treasure boxes to witch starsands have a repeat option so you could just spam enter to convert them easier, much like the investment system now has.

Another useful change would be to make a duplicate of the Treasure Box > WSS Npc and the WPS token exchanger in the mail annex.

Like-wise, the WPS token system needs a Re-vamp:

Current options are:

100 [item='972'] at 20k each Should be switched to EDP, quantity raised, MAYBE price lowered

4000 [item='1061'] at 1.5k each These are fine as is

200 [item='970'] at 5k each Quantity should be raised

1000 [item='929'] at 1k each Might be okay as is

200 [item='12016'] at 20k each Quantity should be raised and price lowered a little

500 [item='7321'] at 600z each Doubt anyone uses this anymore, maybe change it to Rune Knight rune supplies?

100 of any of the proof pots at 2k each Price should be lowered and quantities raised

500 [item='510'] at 4k each Price should be lowered and quantity raised

Might also be useful to add stat-food items into the list of purchases, as well as WoE potion boxes

As it is, it is pretty pathetic for a WoE reward, most of the time not even capable of breaking even with the supply cost of woe.

Some little changes like this would improve the quality of woe rewards, ease supplying for guilds and save time for brewers as well as have potential impacts on improving the current woe scene.

Feel free to comment/suggest. Would like to see what some other player opinions would be, whether it's possibility or not.

Also would be very nice to get feedback from other WoE guild leaders on Chaos as to what supplies or items/quantities/prices they think should be available in the WPS token shop.

Note: The suggestions in the blue text are simply my opinions, they are up for discussion of course.

Other items suggested to have 1 weight misc versions for brewing:

Spoiler

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 13 September 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#2 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

This I wll give info soon as i grab my notes

#3 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Just bring in the Paramarket to combat inflation of essential goods for brewing.

+1 for an NPC reducing weight of brew products. Include Royal Jelly as well

Edited by Doomsquare, 28 March 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#4 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

I'd rather have paramarket

#5 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

It wasn't been brought up for how many months now, so is it still possible to implement it, anyways? :ani_meow:

#6 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

We need Paramarket!

#7 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

They didnt implement it coz of the small number of people here who they treat as the majority

#8 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

If that's the reason then what an awful answer it was :pif: Paramarket is what we need :p_swt:

#9 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

It's an iRO feat, GMs here dont want to take much responsibility as they should so they'd rather follow those people who would be likely to blame them if they fail and add them to the list of whom they can blame with kRO :/

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 28 March 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#10 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I've asked about the implementation of paramarket since January Q&A Dev thread, and got no answer about it. I guess kRO doesn't even care :heh: 

#11 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I've asked about the implementation of paramarket since January Q&A Dev thread, and got no answer about it. I guess kRO doesn't even care :heh:

i think kRO has already sent the data or was suppose to sent it already but then....(read above)

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

It was a case of not needing it. There is nothing the paramarket offers that isn't already in huge supply as is.

Admittidly, this is for Chaos not Thor, I don't know their econ.

#13 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

It was a case of not needing it. There is nothing the paramarket offers that isn't already in huge supply as is.

Admittidly, this is for Chaos not Thor, I don't know their econ.

Depends who's the person's needing it.

I'm an experienced player, my wants/needs for RO are completely different to someone who has played less than a year. It's always the experienced players who tries the hardest to make decisions for iRO when there's something that iRO tries to implement.

As I have always mentioned, it's warp portal's game. Whatever they want to do is up to them and they can implement p2w penetration pvp sets if they want. I think we have too many chiefs trying to be the chiefs of chiefs. The cara'carn. He who comes with the Dawn. Too many... false dragons.

Edited by Demeris, 28 March 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#14 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

Thor's market is kinda...stagnant. Ragial says it all. Players hoarding supplies, and when scarcity hits... They tend to sell them sky high. I know there is an ample amount of zeny there, but seeing it as not circulating, is not good for Thor's economy.

#15 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

So implementing stuff is now a case of needing it or not? Then we wouldn't be needing any new stuff or equips from now on if that would be the argument

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

So implementing stuff is now a case of needing it or not? Then we wouldn't be needing any new stuff or equips from now on if that would be the argument

The concept behind Paramarket was to offer an in game alternative to an economy, because in some kRO servers the population is SO low the it is non existant.

So no, it is not a case of needing something or not, it is a case of does it fit? Chaos has a good market, Thor sounds like it doesn't.

I don't think WP would be nice enough to be selective or not. But if Thor gets it, it might help? If Chaos gets it, it does nothing but harm to the economy. They could adjust rates for the respective servers general value, but by price fixing items, it really screws out the player based economy.

You can argue that a small number was against it, but that's not true. It's more like 10% against, 20% for, 70% just don't give a -_-.

Either way, it is what it is.

#17 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Paramarket also helps combat the botting issue for brew stuffs

#18 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

If that's the case, would they allow to implement paramarket on one server, and not on the other? I firmly believe, Chaos don't need paramarket, Thor badly needs it. There were specific players who control a specific good, and by that, it really destroys the economy by monopolizing certain comodity. Now, would GMs even care about Thor? I am not speaking for myself tho, if we won't tell about it's economy standing, nothing will really happen. But if they won't react about the qualms, then I don't know anymore what will be Thor's future.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

Monopolizing an item doesn't destroy an economy, hell it's good for it. Competitive edge and all that :X

#20 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

The concept behind Paramarket was to offer an in game alternative to an economy, because in some kRO servers the population is SO low the it is non existant.

So no, it is not a case of needing something or not, it is a case of does it fit? Chaos has a good market, Thor sounds like it doesn't.

I don't think WP would be nice enough to be selective or not. But if Thor gets it, it might help? If Chaos gets it, it does nothing but harm to the economy. They could adjust rates for the respective servers general value, but by price fixing items, it really screws out the player based economy.

You can argue that a small number was against it, but that's not true. It's more like 10% against, 20% for, 70% just don't give a -_-.

Either way, it is what it is.

There's a big chance that there's no concept behind on why kRO made paramarket, they just thought and put it up randomly and it's just you/we are putting logical meaning on it why they did it.

It does screw player based economy but whether it screwing player based economy good or not, a lot can be said.

As for me,both for chaos and thor, i would want to have an option incase player based economy -_- prices around, we've seen it for a lot of items before. It MAY discourages botting as well, let's admit it, there are a lot of items where botting is the source. Some wouldnt want to pay these people out of despise.It also gives you the option and iRO to have zeny burned.

IMO, wanting to have WPS rewards is basically almost the same thing but via zeny in paramarket's. Both are limited with WPS sligthly having more potential

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Except that WPS rewards different from paramarket is an added incentive on woe, something iro needs badly.

#22 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Monopolizing an item doesn't destroy an economy, hell it's good for it. Competitive edge and all that :X

Come to Thor and let's see if you still can say that :wink: You'll never know unless you're in other's shoe.

#23 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Except that WPS rewards different from paramarket is an added incentive on woe, something iro needs badly.

Paramarket has a more free for all feel than that WPS rewards. Honestly, the gap problem needs to be addressed before adding those incentives, or the same people will be enjoying and exploiting the economy with the better reward system of WPS

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:07 AM

Come to Thor and let's see if you still can say that :wink: You'll never know unless you're in other's shoe.

You are acting like not once in my history of the game have I felt under pressure in terms of own wealth versus the market.

There's a big chance that there's no concept behind on why kRO made paramarket, they just thought and put it up randomly and it's just you/we are putting logical meaning on it why they did it.

It does screw player based economy but whether it screwing player based economy good or not, a lot can be said.

As for me,both for chaos and thor, i would want to have an option incase player based economy -_- prices around, we've seen it for a lot of items before. It MAY discourages botting as well, let's admit it, there are a lot of items where botting is the source. Some wouldnt want to pay these people out of despise.It also gives you the option and iRO to have zeny burned.

No, there is no chance, that's WHY they did it :X

And know it won't discourage botting, they will just focus their targets on the paramarket. Scan the NPC every few seconds and buyout the good items to resell later.

Yes iRO needs zeny to be burned, but there are better avenues to do this.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 29 March 2017 - 12:10 AM.

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:41 AM

Paramarket will change almost nothing. The concern was botting, but I am not sure that the population is even high enough to support paramarket, let alone have a botting problem.

Since they gave us jRO boxes, might as well give us EVERYTHING kRO wants to shove our way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users