[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Come up with any other additions? :P

I actually have quite alot to say but I'm not home atm. I will be in aproximently 2 hours and 30 mins. I'll update then.

#52 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Paramarket will change almost nothing. The concern was botting, but I am not sure that the population is even high enough to support paramarket, let alone have a botting problem.

Since they gave us jRO boxes, might as well give us EVERYTHING kRO wants to shove our way.

Myzery no just.. no I thought you was smarter than that,.

A single person (from a top guild,that has the equips and resources) is able to, and that is what happens now days , big guild will send one person to simply erase a small guild that is trying to hold a castle. Small guilds still dont have a chance!

This is a request from a top player from a top guild wanting something that will only some on top will gain from it!

Wrong Small guild just don't care  to do it because there is no incentive to getting  a castle.

The case is more like this, Getting a castle in woe for a small woe guild is like calling for bankruptcy, since once you grab a castle, now you have to deal with resources if you want to keep such castle. Who is going to brew, who is going to deal with setting up defenses? The treasures in the castle are less desirable. And the God materials you may possibly get, can be easily obtained in market instead of open the treasure box and hoping for a Item.  Its already proven its more beneficial for a small guild to just do pvm aspects and buy resources from venders instead of doing it them selves because of lack of time and effort.

Now as for the Brewing I Personally think White Potions should drop the weight a bit. But that won't ever happen. Since, if you change the game code of white pots to lets say 3 weight, once we get a kro update its going to change it back. and we all know how KRO is with tweaks to the system. So I think there should instead  Add a feature that lets you brew from your Storage or change the 3rd storage into a creation only storage for classes that can create things. GX, Gene, Ranger, Mech, etc etc.

#53 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:14 AM

Wouldn't making fat whites the same weight as condensed, make the condensed useless?

#54 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Wouldn't making fat whites the same weight as condensed, make the condensed useless?

Hence why it would be a "misc" item. That way it has no use other than brewing.

And even if it were still usable it wouldn't be as good if you throw in the toy syringe/flamel card. But either way the suggestion is that it be a misc type simply to make brewing save hours upon hours for slims x-x

#55 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:08 AM

Give GX mass create deadly poison too please. Brewing 1 by 1 is torture..

#56 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Give GX mass create deadly poison too please. Brewing 1 by 1 is torture..

People still brew them? :o

#57 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

Prices went up for edp

#58 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Prices went up for edp

True, don't see why they went up though, lol

#59 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

less ppl doing investment coz dead woe+dead pvp+ faceworm emb

#60 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

less ppl doing investment coz dead woe+dead pvp+ faceworm emb

Now that EDP costs more it brings back up the profit for investors atleast, but then all the more reason that WPS tokens should be able to help supply edp's =\

#61 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

Brewing reset is less than a week away, any chance we can know the status on the 1 weight white potions and getting the 2 starsand NPC's with a copy in the eden mail annex?

#62 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hot Take:

Making Brewing less punishing is a good goal.

Reducing the weight on any consumable is a not a direction we should go as weight is supposed to play an important factor in which consumable to used. Instead I would want to request from kRO the creation of tokens that can be exchanged both ways for these items. (Can create the token at a npc and redeem the token at the npc). The Token NPC would be only available in cities so that there is no chance to abuse their redemption on adventuring maps and would only be used for brewing.

Duplicating the NPCs should not be an issue.

#63 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hot Take:

Making Brewing less punishing is a good goal.

Reducing the weight on any consumable is a not a direction we should go as weight is supposed to play an important factor in which consumable to used. Instead I would want to request from kRO the creation of tokens that can be exchanged both ways for these items. (Can create the token at a npc and redeem the token at the npc). The Token NPC would be only available in cities to that there is no chance to abuse their redemption on adventuring maps and would only be used for brewing.

Duplicating the NPCs should not be an issue.

Well the idea isn't the make the white potions be 1 weight. The idea is to make a separate version of them that is used in spiritual potion creation, and it would be a misc version of the item, therefore it would not even be a usable version of a potion.

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Well the idea isn't the make the white potions be 1 weight. The idea is to make a separate version of them that is used in spiritual potion creation, and it would be a misc version of the item, therefore it would not even be a usable version of a potion.

I see that now, Unfortunately that would be a long term studio development thing. The old crafting skills have their crafting lists hard coded and not something we can edit directly. It would work better with an exchange (The tool dealer can even sell the token for the items if he already sells the base item).

#65 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

I see that now, Unfortunately that would be a long term studio development thing. The old crafting skills have their crafting lists hard coded and not something we can edit directly. It would work better with an exchange (The tool dealer can even sell the token for the items if he already sells the base item).

Hmm, don't think the token thing would really change anything, currently people tend to just brew near a storage/the npc that sells the potions.

Don't suppose you guys could add skills either if you can't edit them, even if it requires a long term studio development thing I think it would be worth it. Currently takes like 30-45 minutes to stock up on potions for 1 brewing session, and that doesn't include the brewing itself.

#66 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

Hmm, don't think the token thing would really change anything, currently people tend to just brew near a storage/the npc that sells the potions.

Don't suppose you guys could add skills either if you can't edit them, even if it requires a long term studio development thing I think it would be worth it. Currently takes like 30-45 minutes to stock up on potions for 1 brewing session, and that doesn't include the brewing itself.

If we set it up so that you could redeem a token for X potions in a single click the time saving would be high. Most likely what we should do is allow players to configure for menu based or single click redemption with a quest flag.

#67 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

If we set it up so that you could redeem a token for X potions in a single click the time saving would be high. Most likely what we should do is allow players to configure for menu based or single click redemption with a quest flag.

I fill up my storage with white potions then I brew with my storage open, that would really just switch when I have to go through dialog as well as whoever else brews in that way.

Instead it would require going through dialogs while brewing rather than before.

Maybe if the token were useable and gave 200 white potion, 200 medicine bowl and 200 empty test tube it would save time though. That would cut out all the time it takes to repeatedly move the items into inventory during brewing as well as cutting back on the time talking to the NPC, and these are all items from the NPC. Of course the price of the token would need a slight adjustment as well to include the values of those items.

Edit: although that still leaves the white potions with a massive weight impact and could only really use one at a time before you have to use storage again for some people, unless their weight were actually lowered some.

That would probably only be a temporary/partial fix though. Ultimately having a 1 weight misc version of white potion and having the skill requirement changed to that would be the final solution. So if we could go with a temporary fix while kRO were to implement a fix of sorts that would work.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 24 April 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#68 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

I fill up my storage with white potions then I brew with my storage open, that would really just switch when I have to go through dialog as well as whoever else brews in that way.

Instead it would require going through dialogs while brewing rather than before.

Maybe if the token were useable and gave 200 white potion, 200 medicine bowl and 200 empty test tube it would save time though. That would cut out all the time it takes to repeatedly move the items into inventory during brewing as well as cutting back on the time talking to the NPC, and these are all items from the NPC. Of course the price of the token would need a slight adjustment as well to include the values of those items.

Edit: although that still leaves the white potions with a massive weight impact and could only really use one at a time before you have to use storage again for some people, unless their weight were actually lowered some.

That would probably only be a temporary/partial fix though. Ultimately having a 1 weight misc version of white potion and having the skill requirement changed to that would be the final solution. So if we could go with a temporary fix while kRO were to implement a fix of sorts that would work.

If I have time I will try to put together a test version of what I am talking about and put it on sakray with placeholder items.

#69 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

If I have time I will try to put together a test version of what I am talking about and put it on sakray with placeholder items.

Okay, that would be helpful to see how it works, could run some tests to see if it would really save time or not.

#70 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Wouldn't brewing from the storage directly be faster?

#71 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

It will be much faster if the npc just take Witch Starsand and zeny(total cost of other materials(6+2+912=920). Then players only need to turn in witch starsand which is super light. :p_laugh:

#72 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Wouldn't brewing from the storage directly be faster?

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier, it seems to only real way to make it faster would be the 1 weight misc white pots, so filling up the storage would be faster by like half an hour each time. =\

#73 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

No what I was saying is ur brewing directly from the storage. Meaning your not taking x am out of items out to brew. Your keeping the items in storage and brewing from that.

For example if ur brewing food instead of taking 300 savage from the storage, u keep all 30k in storage and brew it. No need to put in ur inventory

#74 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

No what I was saying is ur brewing directly from the storage. Meaning your not taking x am out of items out to brew. Your keeping the items in storage and brewing from that.

For example if ur brewing food instead of taking 300 savage from the storage, u keep all 30k in storage and brew it. No need to put in ur inventory

That's not... possible. Is it? o.o

And even then, putting white potions into storage to brew them takes so long, at 15 weight each i can only buy/store 450 at a time. Takes a long time to get 30k into both my storages. That's where most of the un-necessary time consumption comes from. Although if it were possible to brew straight inside of the storage as well that would also save a ton of time.

#75 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

It would be the same ur way as well since u got to buy while pots and convert them to etc items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users