[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Discussion]WPS Tokens system/Condensed Potion Brewing

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

well that's a future QoL for kRO that they couls make, whenever buying anything from npc/vendor, have an option to "Send to storage X"

with that the option to Brew and Forge(why not :v) using materials that are on the storage. But then again, we probably wouldnt live to see that day :v

#77 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

send to storage option is actually a great idea. I didnt think of that.

#78 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

It would be the same ur way as well since u got to buy while pots and convert them to etc items

I mean the NPC would straight up sell the misc version as well, lol. That would suck if you had to convert them

#79 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Ah I see makes sense

#80 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Update: the Treasure box NPC and wps token NPC are now in the mail annex :)

Still curious as to if we will get to test Camp's idea on sakray or if there has been any movement to make a request to kRO if they could provide the skill change to spiritual potion creation along with a 1 weight misc version of the white potion, which is the ultimate fix to slim brewing

#81 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Update: the Treasure box NPC and wps token NPC are now in the mail annex :)

Still curious as to if we will get to test Camp's idea on sakray or if there has been any movement to make a request to kRO if they could provide the skill change to spiritual potion creation along with a 1 weight misc version of the white potion, which is the ultimate fix to slim brewing

Were still fixing 16.1 bugs for sakray first so its not ready to be opened.

#82 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Were still fixing 16.1 bugs for sakray first so its not ready to be opened.

Okay, thanks for the update on that.

Has staff asked kRO if they would be able to develop the skill change and make a 1 weight etc. version of the potion for only use in potion creation/spiritual potion creation?

Only reason I ask is because after thinking about it, it's really the only thing that will make a significant cut down on the time it takes to brew potions. It takes more time than anything to purchase them, as well as during the brewing itself.

#83 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

why not make a "spiritual brewing box" with weight 1 purchaseable from npc, that costs as much as all the npc-required-items to cast the skill (witch starsand not included for example), and when you open the box  from your inventory, you get  200 from each required item?, that way you could just buy a bunch of these boxes, weight 1, and then just open one before casting the skill, you'd only need to go back to storage or cart to retrieve more sand or store your production.

#84 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

why not make a "spiritual brewing box" with weight 1 purchaseable from npc, that costs as much as all the npc-required-items to cast the skill (witch starsand not included for example), and when you open the box  from your inventory, you get  200 from each required item?, that way you could just buy a bunch of these boxes, weight 1, and then just open one before casting the skill, you'd only need to go back to storage or cart to retrieve more sand or store your production.

Can't use a usable item with storage open, so you'd have to keep re-opening storage and such to get them. Most people brew with storage open so you can just toss the made slims straight into storage. That might save a little bit of time though overall, hard to really determine how much though.

That would also be nice if they could somehow make it useable while in storage though..

#85 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

The type of token npc you are talking about has been implemented in Classic for.. 2 years now maybe?  You can buy a token from an npc, and click on a second npc for 200 of the necessary items and just need to hold the sands.  It sells for the full market price of the components and you can discount it just like normal.  As the person who probably makes the most potions of anybody on the Classic server, I'm really thankful that Camp was able to put this in for us.  It should definitely be a priority to get something similar for Chaos, I almost can't believe it doesn't already exist o.o  It would especially help out people unwilling to make them through shady processes..

With the token system I'm able to make 6000 condensed white potions before having to access storage to restock starsand, and am able to pot through 30k sands in about 10 minutes depending on whether or not I'm multitasking.  Hope you have luck getting some QoL improvements over there :)

#86 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

The type of token npc you are talking about has been implemented in Classic for.. 2 years now maybe?  You can buy a token from an npc, and click on a second npc for 200 of the necessary items and just need to hold the sands.  It sells for the full market price of the components and you can discount it just like normal.  As the person who probably makes the most potions of anybody on the Classic server, I'm really thankful that Camp was able to put this in for us.  It should definitely be a priority to get something similar for Chaos, I almost can't believe it doesn't already exist o.o  It would especially help out people unwilling to make them through shady processes..

With the token system I'm able to make 6000 condensed white potions before having to access storage to restock starsand, and am able to pot through 30k sands in about 10 minutes depending on whether or not I'm multitasking.  Hope you have luck getting some QoL improvements over there :)

Camp said we might get to test it on Sakray, timing myself it takes me 25-30 mins to brew 60k worth of slims. That's not including the time it takes to supply storage with all the materials.

Does clicking the NPC involve any dialog pop-ups or is it just an instant conversion to the items?

Sounds like I'd save a small amount of time during brewing, but quite a bit during supplying, and also sounds like a less annoying process to go through.

#87 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, there's no dialog.  Just cast, click, cast, click etc.

#88 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, there's no dialog.  Just cast, click, cast, click etc.

Ah, that's better, the dialog box would be kind of annoying to continually close, so you really just click npc and brew a few times, toss in cart and repeat until you need to use storage?

#89 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Ah, that's better, the dialog box would be kind of annoying to continually close, so you really just click npc and brew a few times, toss in cart and repeat until you need to use storage?

thats the idea :3

#90 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast! ...or lhz/Izlude/S.Pront :D
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hmmm... interesting thread here~ ;D

+1 Revive.  :heh: