Classic March 30th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic March 30th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

March 30th

2pm -6pm

Quests

• The next new Headgear quest, the Dark Randgris Helm, is available. Speak to Frank in Morocc (156, 194). Certificates can be found in the treasure caches.
    • To create this headgear you'll need the following:
      • 1 Blade Lost in Darkness
      • 10 Crystals of Darkness
      • 10 Sea-Otter Fur
      • 200 Steel
      • 1000 Zeny
      • Dark Randgris Helm Certificate

Events

• February Lucky Box ends!
  • Saint Patrick's Day event ends!

Spotlight

• Instead of spotlighting a specific zone, we're doing something different this time. We're spotlighting all the fish based monsters. We feel this will scale better to player levels. Fin.

Server Status: OPEN (Maintenance Complete)

#2 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

March 30th

2pm -6pm

Spotlight[/font][/color]
  • Instead of spotlighting a specific zone, we're doing something different this time. We're spotlighting all the fish based monsters. We feel this will scale better to player levels. Fin.

Server Status: OPEN (Pre-Maintenance)

Still the same up to now???? :o

#3 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

Still the same up to now???? :o

Looking into changing it soon, maybe next week. Might continue with the monster type theme too. Perhaps demons next.

#4 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

if you ever do angels you may want to make a warper to the higher level floors of thanatos tower for the lesser geared since there arent many angels

#5 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Demi human plz

#6 coerce1991

coerce1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:iRO Restart

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

omg? why fish?! Demi human!!!!! :ok:

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Do you have any comments to make on the last couple pages of last weeks patch notes thread? Or should we all limit our posting to the day before and the day of maintenance because those are apparently the only times the GM team pays any attention to Classic.

#8 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Do you have any comments to make on the last couple pages of last weeks patch notes thread? Or should we all limit our posting to the day before and the day of maintenance because those are apparently the only times the GM team pays any attention to Classic.

https://forums.warpp...kvm-on-classic/

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

You could have just said no. I was however mostly referring to this.

#10 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

https://forums.warpp...kvm-on-classic/

are you just profiling individual players into groups and feel they have the same opinion on every issue ?it certainly feels that way

#11 costameliande

costameliande

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

Demi human plz

+1 Demi human please !!!!

#12 SRamos

SRamos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Looking into changing it soon, maybe next week. Might continue with the monster type theme too. Perhaps demons next.

Demons and Undeads will be good!

#13 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

What about the mid tier cache boxes?.

#14 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

Did you know that there is a section for Classic suggestions on the forums? Even when I had an idea, the section is very easy to overlook and forget about for some reason.

I was going to say that the hat needs a lot of Steel but the amount is not too bad. Its just that Steel has a lot of uses.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 31 March 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#15 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

:heh: dont really know what to say so i'm just gonna laugh... i'm with ya themes. gone are the days of pretending to work on classic :p_laugh:  i'm going to work.....

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Seems like you all missed on this weeks window of opportunity to get responses.

See you all next Thursday for your new hat and empty "We're investigating <vague thing that will never be spoken of again>".

Edited by Themes, 31 March 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

ever wonder why they're not enthused to work on classic? 

#18 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

@lxst I got tired of posting as well. Except for the small pokes. Lmao.

Yup classic suggestion and we even have headgear request thread, and people suggesting spotlights, but none of them were being considered..They gonna put what headgear they want. And spotlight things that no one is really killing.

As I've said, full of half baked projects. Where is the new janeway project? What happened now to the cache system? Are you gonna consider changing monster sprites and improving challenge dungeon? Hazy.. oh yea, our server announcement still announces "july 21 or something like that" and nothing more creative and inticing. Zz. Okay now add some more to the queue cos why not. As long as it may seem they are working on something. Yea?

#19 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

ever wonder why they're not enthused to work on classic? 

I would say that Classic is probably the least profitable server they have, by a gigantic margin. Even Thor has to drastically out do Classic simply based on enriched and other OP upgrade events. Whatever brings in more cash will be the priority of their focus. 

If they want to make Classic actually profitable, or possibly more profitable then they need to do a serious overhaul. I would still think that a server reset is the "simplest" option for them, but they wont do that currently. They need to make things worth while to log into... I haven't been able to play WoE on any server due to school, but I'm logging into Chaos everyday.... Why? Because there are quick and easy profitable instances to do daily. Doesn't take much time and I can make 1b a week with lazy/short game play. 

Also this, there is constantly new gears coming out in Renewal. Since OCP has come, every single month there is a new "best of" specialty gear. Classic has default the same exact gears for years... There is no incentive to improve gears. There is no incentive to log in and do anything once you are WoE/PVP ready. There is nothing new on classic. Literally nothing new since I last logged in. I logged in the other day to find out what I have to gear my scholar with to be "caught up" with everybody. It is the same exact gears as 2-3 years ago....

Look, I'll make my point and I'll make it straight to the point.....

Classic is not and has never been truly "classic". Classic is a WP Pre-Renewal server that is it's own unique thing and should not be compared to "original" servers. The only thing that can revitalize this server, besides a reset, would be new gears. New gears = new builds = new things to do = new things to test out = new meta = new experiences...... 

Take it or leave it, but if you want people to actually log in and spend money on WP energy.... Give them something to do. When I haven't logged in for a couple years and literally nothing has changed.... It is sad. I play Chaos now because there is constantly new gears and constantly new metas and constantly new things to do. It is fun to do new things and have new experiences. 

/rant

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

@lxst I got tired of posting as well. Except for the small pokes. Lmao.

Yup classic suggestion and we even have headgear request thread, and people suggesting spotlights, but none of them were being considered..They gonna put what headgear they want. And spotlight things that no one is really killing.

As I've said, full of half baked projects. Where is the new janeway project? What happened now to the cache system? Are you gonna consider changing monster sprites and improving challenge dungeon? Hazy.. oh yea, our server announcement still announces "july 21 or something like that" and nothing more creative and inticing. Zz. Okay now add some more to the queue cos why not. As long as it may seem they are working on something. Yea?

I would say that Classic is probably the least profitable server they have, by a gigantic margin. Even Thor has to drastically out do Classic simply based on enriched and other OP upgrade events. Whatever brings in more cash will be the priority of their focus. 

If they want to make Classic actually profitable, or possibly more profitable then they need to do a serious overhaul. I would still think that a server reset is the "simplest" option for them, but they wont do that currently. They need to make things worth while to log into... I haven't been able to play WoE on any server due to school, but I'm logging into Chaos everyday.... Why? Because there are quick and easy profitable instances to do daily. Doesn't take much time and I can make 1b a week with lazy/short game play. 

Also this, there is constantly new gears coming out in Renewal. Since OCP has come, every single month there is a new "best of" specialty gear. Classic has default the same exact gears for years... There is no incentive to improve gears. There is no incentive to log in and do anything once you are WoE/PVP ready. There is nothing new on classic. Literally nothing new since I last logged in. I logged in the other day to find out what I have to gear my scholar with to be "caught up" with everybody. It is the same exact gears as 2-3 years ago....

Look, I'll make my point and I'll make it straight to the point.....

Classic is not and has never been truly "classic". Classic is a WP Pre-Renewal server that is it's own unique thing and should not be compared to "original" servers. The only thing that can revitalize this server, besides a reset, would be new gears. New gears = new builds = new things to do = new things to test out = new meta = new experiences...... 

Take it or leave it, but if you want people to actually log in and spend money on WP energy.... Give them something to do. When I haven't logged in for a couple years and literally nothing has changed.... It is sad. I play Chaos now because there is constantly new gears and constantly new metas and constantly new things to do. It is fun to do new things and have new experiences. 

/rant

I am all too aware that we need to close the books on the old Janeway, Treasure Cache and other projects. Once we can get those knocked out would the community be willing to help Ozzalia balance a few challenge dungeons so they feel properly classic? He doesn't know this yet but I am planning to massively increase his work load in April.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Depends if it's going to be the same as last time where someone decided a 900% atk skill deserved to only be used when buffed by 400% was totally okay balancewise. 

yeah 90k+ damage from a non boss mob was silly. 

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

Seems like you all missed on this weeks window of opportunity to get responses.

See you all next Thursday for your new hat and empty "We're investigating <vague thing that will never be spoken of again>".

I realize that I am answering a really old question you asked with this. Our limitations on classic are as follows

• We cannot add new monsters
    • We can edit current monsters
  • We cannot add new headgear looks
    • We can replace certain headgear looks to introduce better looking sprites. Usually prime candidates for this are trademarked headgears we can't use or the country themed flag hats.
  • We cannot change formula
  • We cannot change skill cool down
  • We cannot change buff persistence.
  • We cannot create new skills
  • Some newer headgear types don't won't on classic
  • Back items won't work on classic
  • We cannot edit crafting recipes
  • We can't add new pets (I think - I haven't tested this one yet.)
  • We can't change skill, level, or stat caps

What we can

• Change monster AI within the RO Ai system
  • Add new maps
  • Add new items
  • Add new quests
  • Change monster drops
  • Change monster stats

Is there is anything specific about our abilities you'd like to ask I will try to answer it this weekend.

#23 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

I am all too aware that we need to close the books on the old Janeway, Treasure Cache and other projects. Once we can get those knocked out would the community be willing to help Ozzalia balance a few challenge dungeons so they feel properly classic? He doesn't know this yet but I am planning to massively increase his work load in April.

The Challenge Dungeon is a great thing. I really liked the first one. 

Spoiler

What I would prefer to see is a new update. I will be done with school in exactly a week and will have a ton off free time again... I would volunteer to help out creating a full new update. The Challenge Dung are pretty cool and the concept should stick around, maybe rotate the monsters like spotlights. With a new update though, it would be permanent which means you could introduce new gears. For example, the new MVP in the update could drop immune shields, which would be perfect for Classic. Hell, even an update to incorporate Bio 4 and have the Bio 4 MVPS drop some new gears.

Classic needs updates in order to survive. That is why every pre-renewal server ends, because we run out of updates before renewal hit... There are a few options.

-Put in renewal updates, but modify it to classic mechanics. Offer the same content though.

-Create your own unique updates. Take certain aspects from future updates (anywhere in renewals timelines), such as instances, specific gears like immune shield, towns, and MVPs to create new content so the game doesn't "end".

-Do nothing and let the game end.

I don't know if it is even possible to do full unique episodes, but without it I don't see a future without future content.  

Again, if you need help with ideas let me know. 

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

The Challenge Dungeon is a great thing. I really liked the first one. 

Spoiler

What I would prefer to see is a new update. I will be done with school in exactly a week and will have a ton off free time again... I would volunteer to help out creating a full new update. The Challenge Dung are pretty cool and the concept should stick around, maybe rotate the monsters like spotlights. With a new update though, it would be permanent which means you could introduce new gears. For example, the new MVP in the update could drop immune shields, which would be perfect for Classic. Hell, even an update to incorporate Bio 4 and have the Bio 4 MVPS drop some new gears.

Classic needs updates in order to survive. That is why every pre-renewal server ends, because we run out of updates before renewal hit... There are a few options.

-Put in renewal updates, but modify it to classic mechanics. Offer the same content though.

-Create your own unique updates. Take certain aspects from future updates (anywhere in renewals timelines), such as instances, specific gears like immune shield, towns, and MVPs to create new content so the game doesn't "end".

-Do nothing and let the game end.

I don't know if it is even possible to do full unique episodes, but without it I don't see a future without future content.  

Again, if you need help with ideas let me know. 

Unfortunately do to limitations updates can never be permanent. Because we can't add new monsters.

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Are you considering KvM at all?

It's also pretty sad that you're ignoring the concerns being brought up for Renewal. It feels like you guys wait for a server to get to a critical state before addressing the problems.
Classic could have been saved so long ago, but feedback was never listened to for the most part. Instead of making up bastardized content, add content that was actually supposed ot be in the game, and no, I am not talking about just things like KvM.

I think most people here have only come to expect excuses. It's hard to have faith in the iRO staff when things are getting progressively worse. Maybe it's from your workload or position, Campitor, but you used to be the only one that made me feel like there was any hope out there, but now I feel like everything that is said falls on deaf ears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users