#1 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Hello DS-Community!  :p_laugh:

I felt like to create a thread where we can gather/ post ideas of what we expect from future DS-Content to improve the game.

I will start!

1. Dungeons:

I would like to see challenging Dungeons, which are great designed like the Kundara Dungeon. A Dungeon where you dont just need to walk from left to right and kill monster. Make use of left, right, up and down!

Also i would like to see dangerous traps in the dungeons where you need good timing and dashing/jump skills to avoid them, and which take a fix amount (%) of HP if they hit you. Something like 5%. Maybe also smth like small, disappearing plattforms, once you jumped at those.

I thought a bit about dungeons in dragonsaga, and only the Kundara one used alot of potential of the game. But i thought maybe we can do the future dungeons even better. Like adding NPC's in the dungeon, with riddles that you need to solve before you can enter the next stage. Or gates (like in Kundara Dungeon) which only break if they get hit by a specific skill, like Rocket Punch for Thieves, Multishot for Archers, Fortress for mages and Hammer for Warriors. This way you would need different classes to complete the dungeon, which would make it ALOT more interesting and which wouldnt allow to solo it!

Also ofc different dungeon modes like "Normal" or "Hard" would be interesting too. Its kinda sad that all the Dungeons we got currently are so easy to complete. I sometimes miss the time back then, where you needed at least 2 people to kill elga.

2. PvP Maps:

New PvP maps would be also great. I really like the funny LoveLove mode, and the Domination PvP Map is also something different. But also new maps in the style of Frozen Lake, with jumping platforms and some tactical play would be great. 

3. Emporia:

A rework of the emporia and questing system would be nice too, with maps that allow you more tactical play.

4. Breeze Run or BSQ Alternatives:

I really like Breeze Run alot, and its a very nice gaming mode, where you can improve yourself and also get nice rewards. But an alternative would be great also.

Once i thought about a BreezeRun-PvP mix, which allows you to use your class skills while Breezerunning (without dealing dmg). ChainCombos should be disabled tho. This way you could stun people, freeze them, make them fall and so on, which would be a bit like Mario Kart for Dragonsaga. Of cyou need to raise the Max Mp a bit, but not too much! Every time you use a skill it should still be a risk and lower your MP. 

I think it would be pretty cool, and every class could make use out of their skills.

Please dont be rude in this thread, critic on ideas or improvement of ideas is welcome, but dont bash on each other. Its good for all of us if this game gets more attractive for people who dont know it yet, and maybe some of us have ana idea which will make a change. :p_smile:

Edited by TurtleTuber, 01 April 2017 - 02:29 AM.

#2 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:50 AM

this is DS the remaining  players would rather see a dungeon floor removal or boss nerf  them a increase in difficulty

#3 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:49 AM

hi TurtleTuber. First of all. i don't know if you played the game during is best Era, the 2009-2010 when the game was still dragonica.  The platform zone you talking about was in the game way back in the past. Vancliff zone was a platform gaming system with some monster fighting. and in the end is was remove cause it was a bit hard for most of the player. I loved this zone but o well.

It's not the first time a Post like that make is appearance. and i wont be the last cause player love talking about idea they have, that could make the game better. Before i start talking about idea in this post, i just want to remind you all that Arcadia par 2 and 3 and still underway and until they finish with those, no new idea project can be started.

now for the real talk.

Part 1 : Dungeons: jumping platform mode was already ask in a old post that i did 2 years ago. and it seem, i am not the only one tough of it. The actual difficulty of the game is now quite easy i know. but it was not always like that. The problem was the game was consider to hard for most of the community by the Korean dev team so they lowered the difficulty  but i think they did it in a wrong way. instant of lowering the difficulty, they should have done Multiple difficulty selection on mission zone and Dungeon with different reward so when the player think they are ready to try the normal mode or hard one they can try it for getting better ''Loot''

The 2nd visible problem is the enchantment we have now. yes i love hitting monster in a over power way but, that cause the game to be to easy in the long run with the actual difficulty sittings. and with all the modification to make the game feel more like a free to play that i perfectly good for those we are willing to take to time to farm it to be able to reach +20 on item and that good.  The game would need like >> easy mode = player who got 0 to + 5 enchant to feel a bit of challenge.

Normal mode = +6 To +10 =medium  challenge. Hard mode = +11 to +15 the game show is true color and ready to fight back.  and Legend +16 to +20  you want a piece of the game bring it on. ( on mission zone not really add a better loot system only on dungeon, but just add a little something that would make player want to risque going on legend and not going the easy fast mode for basic loot.

Part 3 of dungeons: The Crafting system like item creation but not part of the production system. Get XX item from those type of monster to craft XX item that give small bonus over time or something else ''still thinking about it.

PVP MAPS

for this i wont say any thing. new maps is always good to have.

3. Emporia: The guild war Emporia a system who was once great and turn on in to a quick make brawl system who is ''in my opinion really badly made''.

A guild map should be a big area with a objectify to do.  The old emporia system was a 3 lane fight in 1 big map>>> like a ''castle fight'' and in each side there was a structure to defend so the team would go in 5 mini groups > 2 attack party to target the enemy structure. 2 party who try to defend the they own structure, and 1 party who would just ram other enemy player and would join any team who need helps.  in each lane there was a jumping platform that would let you go from lane 1 to lane 2 > and one more for lane 2 to 3. The main Core structure was in a higher place and would need  to use jumping platform to access the last large platform to fight or defend the win.

after a player would die a 30 sec timer would go all fight long and if you die and the timer was at 4 sec you would only need 4 sec to come back. Each 30 sec all dead player would go back to the start of they side and run back to action. so defend and help party member was really a big deal to take the advantage over the enemy team. at each starting point a jumping platform was there to shoot you at the middle of your lane side so you could join the fight faster if you need to make a more aggressive attack or defense.

FOR the rest just wait and see what the next Class Balance will bring and after you can chat about it .

PS: i wont post my Guild idea again  :p_hi:  i think they see it enough time by now xD i will only put the link in there. '' edit: there is my old post remastered https://forums.warpp...er-by-zirothos/

it's not that old only 11 august 2016  so there you have it.

Edited by zirothos, 01 April 2017 - 04:52 AM.

#4 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

Hey zirothos!

Nah, sadly i didnt play DS at that time (2009-2010) :(

And ofc i know that the Staff is busy with Arcadia, but maybe they can build in some of the ideas we make up, if its not too late already. I personally find most of the dungeons quite boring. In Elga you just walk from the left to the right, with very easy traps to dodge.

Paris is a long dungeon if you start from floor 1 (which is at the first look nice),  but with 50 floors, which look all kinda the same, makes it boring and too long at this point. 50 floors, which all work in the same way are kinda stupid.

The old VanCliff you are talking about sounds very interesting! Its sad, that i missed that part of the game, is there any video of the dungeon which some1 could link? I would like to see it ^^

Well I just hope that the Devs uses all the stuff that the game offers, to create an Arcadia Dungeon which is not just walking from left to the right. Maybe with some bigger areas inside to explore, a labyrinth (which changes each time you enter the dungeon) or/ and a room with less light (like in chaos mode maps) and traps that you can only barely see. Or what about 1 path that splits up into 3 and you need to chose the right one, otherwise a "mini"-boss will appear. Maybe add an invisible bridge with holes somewhere, so you cant see where you have to jump and where you will fall down. The more i think about it, the more ideas come up. 

I think there are so much possibilities to create a great new dungeon which never gets boring or repetitive. There should be a new Endboss dungeon, we have already enough dungeons for daily and easy repetitive farming like Galaxy, Elements, F1 and so on :(

Edited by TurtleTuber, 01 April 2017 - 05:33 AM.

#5 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

the only video there is is the old teaser trailer

#6 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

there the old vancliff fight

see how hard the game was back then, now you can kill this boss in 3 sec xD and befor it was 6min with a OP +20 player xD

Edited by zirothos, 01 April 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#7 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:06 AM

wow, thats the first time i see that moving books and moving bookshelves. That looked great!

#8 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

jump from book to book to reach the Floor 10 and enter the boss room, 4 puzzle piece of each boss was needed to enter each boss room xD it was so hard to jump and annoying when falling down and need to climb back up again XD the good old days

#9 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

droprate for the pieces of the puzzles were also really low if I remember correctly, and the last key fragment boss for it would re-spawn once a day

#10 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I would like to see challenging Dungeons, which are great designed like the Kundara Dungeon. A Dungeon where you dont just need to walk from left to right and kill monster. Make use of left, right, up and down!

Also i would like to see dangerous traps in the dungeons where you need good timing and dashing/jump skills to avoid them, and which take a fix amount (%) of HP if they hit you. Something like 5%. Maybe also smth like small, disappearing plattforms, once you jumped at those.

Those dungeons with 4 movement keys shouldnt have traps from above like in kundara spiky squasher. Since the POV will be slightly from above and not on the side 

Aren't all the traps in game are already dealing a certain amount of % HP ? My lv85 dealt 2k or 1.5k dmg for walking in traps

*Out of topic* 

oSjZZwE.png

It's a male.

Edited by VinylDorayaki, 02 April 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#11 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

Can wehave the source of this ? I doubt it is an official one, but more like a press article, so there is no hard proof that it is a male.

#12 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

Another Idea to improve the game:

Offer us a different way to level up beside spamming f7 once you reached lv 40. The Exp that you get in the endgame quests and the exp you get by doing f1/ farming is soo tiny.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 03 April 2017 - 03:24 AM.

#13 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

Another Idea to improve the game:

Offer us a different way to level up beside spamming f7 once you reached lv 40. The Exp that you get in the endgame quests and the exp you get by doing f1/ farming is soo tiny.

Actually doing Hunter and Guild quests has become a good way to level.

Even a lvl 85 gains around 2% experience for the 10th of those daylies.

#14 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:07 AM

okay nice to know, but how much the first 9 quests give?

Edited by TurtleTuber, 03 April 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#15 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:13 AM

Actually doing Hunter and Guild quests has become a good way to level.

Even a lvl 85 gains around 2% experience for the 10th of those daylies.

Would also be so much better if map monsters were lv80~85, with Biscuits and pots all the way :D , can't wait to see it happen in Arcadia

#16 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

okay nice to know, but how much the first 9 quests give?

its not 100% exact but the xp you gain for each quest you complete gets doubled for the following. so first gives 2 then 4 then 8 then 16 and so on. So i recommend to do all 10 of both if you wanna gain some experience

#17 deathheartxx44f

deathheartxx44f

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Throwback_zpsbx1nfn4t.png

Never forget

#18 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

there i Finlay found it the old video or the Old emporia match xD

it's in 3 part but you want to know what the old empo was like befor

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

#19 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

looks like fun, but what is veryone doing at the ladder, lol? i like the fact that there are many plattform that you can reach by jumping (not switching areas) and the fact, that you can reach also different areas with stuff like ladders. Thats kinda nice, but it shouldnt be only killing also. I personally like to have smth like the quests in EW nowadays, this way also the weaker player can be usefull.

(and instead only posting old content we should give some ideas how to improve todays game. i mean you can use old content videos and ss, but then add also what you liked about it/ how you could improve the current content in the future :p_laugh: !)

#20 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

it not like i don't want to say future idea that i have but i already say all my idea in a old post that i made a wild back. so there no point of saying it again  since the staff already saw it.

and until i got some new idea on my mind. i prefer to wait and see what coming. and i will be able to see what the game missing. :p_hi:

#21 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

One thing i would like to see is : A system that can show how long since ''XX'' member was last online so we can keep a better track of guild member activity and Inactivity

2e thing : we all know it the game need more Color choice for text chat.

3e thing: make a chat canal specially for friend so we can see only friend with out other chat system passing threw it. > and maybe add more space for friend in the Friend list cause i think it way to low atm.

4e thing: change the place where the Server time is show to place it on the complete under the mini and a bit bigger. every day  i get the question what is the server time, and each time i say it is showing on the mini map but it hard to see. and yes i think so too it hard to see.

That all i have for now :p_hi:

Edited by zirothos, 05 April 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#22 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

What i would like to see is a full Quest-Tree support on the Questwindow, like with Farrell and Aram and so on. The option where you can see which quests are connected with each others so you get a better overview and can pick quests more easy. I think atm it supports only the first Dungeons. Would be nice to see it for VC, Elga, other and future dungeons also.

#23 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

add a medal for Guild quest atm the only medal is 10 guild quest so 1 full 10 quest.

But add like > 50/100/300/500/700/1000 quest done medal too or just the normal 100/300/500/1000 i don't really care about the number stat given xD just for the achievement point :p_hi:

But since the in the name of the guild give 3% max physical bonus

and hunter give 10% def/ 10 agi / health / 10 MS%/ 10 as%

maybe give 10% max physical /10% min physical / 10% max magical/ 10% min magical / intel +10 / str +10 / Magic def 10%  to be the opposite of the hunter medal for the 1k guild quest done

100guild quest done  = 5% min/max physical / +3 str

300 done = 7% min/max physical  /  3% magical min/max /5 str / int 3/ M-def 3%

500 done = 10% min/max phy / 7% magical min/max / 7str /int 5 / m-def 5%

and 1k the stat already show  and for the point given same has hunter 800/1200/3000/5000 point >> 100/300/500/1000

#24 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:35 AM

Emporia practise mode. 

Its kinda unlikely that you cant practise Emporia // on Emporia maps to improve your strats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users