Is single-target (SV Stem) based damage viable at high levels for EXP? - Summoner - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is single-target (SV Stem) based damage viable at high levels for EXP?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hello all, I'm a recent returnee after many years of not playing solely because of Dorams.  I decided to make mine built for INT, but I am having trouble deciding between full magic, magic hybrid, or support with SV Stem 5+accessories.  I'm approaching 99 now and really need to pick between those 3 types.  I've respecced to try stuff out, but I also know that leveling pre-100 can be different than post-100.

I've read just about all the topics in this forum, but I still am mostly unsure about the Seafood spec Doram.  I tend to gravitate towards support classes in MMOs but I don't know what high level RO is like now.  Is SV Stem able to level at all, or are post-100 areas all focused on AOE?  Seafood spec gets far less discussion than the others, so it makes me think it's just not recommended, which one person has said so far.  Any others with experience?

Since I don't have any experience in higher level zones and their density, it's hard for me to put into what I read on this forum into perspective/context.  Slower leveling speed is OK (within reason), but I also don't want to be "that person" that's being mobbed on a map while others are AOEing everything down in seconds.  

My base stats are: 110 INT, 50 VIT, 50 DEX right now at 96, if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

With good gears it's possible being that SV steam spear uses element to deal damage but CN meteor is a very efficient killing machine for when you are on a higher level. The problem is that some people are doing rush leveling so data are not enough to see how good it is for leveling. It's how RO works now so you should do it too. I wonder if the accessory is fixed already.

#3 kokowu

kokowu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

I see.  My gear is very average-below average so I think I'll just stick with the hybrid spec.

Thanks for your input!

#4 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

Up to mid TI use Catnip on high TI change to physical pickypeck build kill on sight you can also still use lunatic carrot.

When 150 is reached go nct picky peck same kill onsight, you can finish each TI in 10minutes

#5 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

With good gears it's possible being that SV steam spear uses element to deal damage but CN meteor is a very efficient killing machine for when you are on a higher level. The problem is that some people are doing rush leveling so data are not enough to see how good it is for leveling. It's how RO works now so you should do it too. I wonder if the accessory is fixed already.

How are you supposed to deal with the nearly seven seconds of fixed cast time for it on iRO?

It's most definitely higher than 3 seconds---reducing variable cast time by 80% does absolutely nothing to make it faster.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

its not 7 seconds fixed lol

as for the OP question. unless you are paired on element damage boosting gears+advatageous element, Catnip Meteor will outdamage it, simply by having a higher skill multiplier and super high bonus with the set.

#7 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

its not 7 seconds fixed lol

as for the OP question. unless you are paired on element damage boosting gears+advatageous element, Catnip Meteor will outdamage it, simply by having a higher skill multiplier and super high bonus with the set.

It definitely feels very close... six seconds of cast time with -80% variable isn't normal. That's not the claimed "3 fixed, 4 variable" that iROwiki erroneously claims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users