how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 39 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#951 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

Heard that Moscovia Cards would come to iRO soon, if so Crimson Rock damage will get an extra boost thanks to Mavka Card:

https://www.divine-p.../item/27161/kRO

#952 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:15 AM

oh yeha i heard about the new update.. as well as update on shawdow chaser over at Kro...

i heard moscovia map in kro is crime heaven as people ks and mobs to get the card LOL 

#953 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Ye Kim recently posted a video with Mavka Card on kRO, as you can see the damage was really epic. No idea when this update will arrive on iRO though, it would help us dramatically.

On a side note, with my +10 Sunflower Boy I am already able to increase my damage by 15-20% over the best weapon(a +14 Vicious Mind Rod) even with just one True KK Card. I will see how much better it will get after I acquire my second True KK Card, should be very encouraging for warlocks.

#954 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Ye Kim recently posted a video with Mavka Card on kRO, as you can see the damage was really epic. No idea when this update will arrive on iRO though, it would help us dramatically.

On a side note, with my +10 Sunflower Boy I am already able to increase my damage by 15-20% over the best weapon(a +14 Vicious Mind Rod) even with just one True KK Card. I will see how much better it will get after I acquire my second True KK Card, should be very encouraging for warlocks.

Just use the calc and you will know exactly how much :U

#955 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Usinh a calculator, i have worked out that on avaerage, people spend 30%of their lives pooping, disregarding diahorrea situations.

#956 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:04 AM

Is she using lv.10 magic essence or is that kRO has only 1 second fixed cast time on CR?

Also, now the option are as follow:

1. Keep FBH on INT temp boots for extra matk boost but having a cast time of 0.25 seconds (with sacrament, level 5 magic essence and 100% variable reduction) or

2. Put the FBH on DEX temp boots for no extra matk but instant cast on most spells (no need for sacra, level 5 magic essence and 100% variable reduction).

Also, where can I buy Sunflower Boy??

#957 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

WLs with no fixed cast and high/max aspd can spam spells stupidly fast. Unless you grab a lv10 enchant, or close, id use temp dex all day.

#958 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

Is she using lv.10 magic essence or is that kRO has only 1 second fixed cast time on CR?

1. Keep FBH on INT temp boots for extra matk boost but having a cast time of 0.25 seconds (with sacrament, level 5 magic essence and 100% variable reduction) or

2. Put the FBH on DEX temp boots for no extra matk but instant cast on most spells (no need for sacra, level 5 magic essence and 100% variable reduction).

Yeah on kRO Crimson Rock has only 1 sec FCT, compared to 2 secs on iRO. But either way, theres no way to use Crimson Rock like Soul Expansion due to the long cooldown time. Even upgrading Bio 5 hat to +15 you still end up with 2.5 secs cooldown, which is effectively unspammable. Warlocks aint meant to spam spells like Sorcerers, the key is to OHKO.

Also keep in mind that kRO has Tempest Set so the Bio 5 hat is the BIS, on iRO overupgraded OBMH(+10 or above) still wins in most situations since with Sunflower Boy and Bio 5 Hat you only get at best 50% MDEF bypass(Vesper Card can make it better against bosses though). To make use of Bio 5 hat you may have to go back with La'Cryma Set, but then thats too much MATK to give up. I still do this against MVPs, partially due to their high MDEF, and partially due to the OP spell Waterball.

I am afraid theres no way to buy SFB unless you are patient enough to wait months. I bought the only one for sale since it first came out, it was a huge amount of zeny but it was worth the price. With True KK Card coming to town, the value of SFB will only go up, so what appeared to be overpriced may look like a pretty nice deal in future.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 03 October 2017 - 04:38 AM.

#959 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:52 AM

No. She has only lv.5.

another 0.5 second is from enchant stone in her costume garment.

Edited by Sigma1, 03 October 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#960 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

No. She has only lv.5.

another 0.5 second is from enchant stone in her costume garment.

Thats interesting. If enchant stone on costume garment arrives on iRO, it will be possible to instant-cast Crimson Rock(2 secs FCT) too if you somehow manage to get lv.10 Magic Essence. With 0.5 sec reduction from Temporal Dex Boots and 1 sec reduction from Magic Essence, that 0.5 sec reduction from Costume Enchant fits perfectly in the picture(0.5 + 1 + 0.5 = 2).

#961 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Thats interesting. If enchant stone on costume garment arrives on iRO, it will be possible to instant-cast Crimson Rock(2 secs FCT) too if you somehow manage to get lv.10 Magic Essence. With 0.5 sec reduction from Temporal Dex Boots and 1 sec reduction from Magic Essence, that 0.5 sec reduction from Costume Enchant fits perfectly in the picture(0.5 + 1 + 0.5 = 2).

IIRC Nirvana said CR FCT is also 1 sec too. Please recheck it.

Edited by Sigma1, 03 October 2017 - 07:26 AM.

#962 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

zayaan said it too

And using it recently (decided to pick up my WL to lvl), the cast is too fast to be 2s.

#963 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

On Sakray I was instantcasting with Temp Dex + lvl 5 Magic Essence.

Would be weird for casttime to be different between Sakray and Chaos imo.

#964 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

KRO has released new offensive shield, can be obtained from lucky egg. How about if compared to Mad Bunny? :p_idea:

28946.png

Purified Knight's Shield [1]
Increases attack speed (reduces delay after attack by 10%).
Atk + 5%, Matk + 5%.
Reduces damage taken from all properties by 10%.
When receiving damage, has a low chance to recovery 50 SP per second for 5 seconds.
When dealing physical or magical damage, has a low chance to recovery 300 HP per second for 5 seconds.
If refine rate is 7 or higher, Atk + 20, Matk + 20.
If refine rate is 9 or higher, ASPD + 2.
If refine rate is 12 or higher, reduces delay after skill by 5%.
Class : Shield
Defense : 0
Weight : 80
Required Level : 1
Usable Jobs : All

Spoiler

#965 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

jRO October 2017 Ragcan

Excellion Shield [1]

HP/SP+5%

When refine is +7 or higher, HP/SP +5%

Every 3 refines increases ATK&MATK by 30.

Lvl req:100, all classes

#966 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

I think iRO has 1 second fixed cast time for CR.

I have level 5 magic essence on my headgear so I'll test it out after I get back home.

So what's the best way after Sunflower Boy?

+14 Staff of Destruction or +14 Vicious Staff or +14 Vicious Rod (disregarding enchants for both Vicious)??

Man, I wish I can decard midgears WoE was still alive. I do remember 1 shotting ppl left and right with SE and now with a +12 hat thingie will be even more fun hehe.

Also, I don't think we need 100% MDEF piercing when PvM'in... Most mobs don't have high MDEF so it won't be necessary to stack MDEF piercing effects.

In other hand, for MvP'in, I would agree that we need to have 100% MDEF piercing which can be obtained with Lacryma set or Crimson set. Doubt anyone will use CR on an MvP when you have either TV or WB.

Edited by Mulder1, 03 October 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#967 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

I think iRO has 1 second fixed cast time for CR.

I have level 5 magic essence on my headgear so I'll test it out after I get back home.

So what's the best way after Sunflower Boy?

+14 Staff of Destruction or +14 Vicious Staff or +14 Vicious Rod (disregarding enchants for both Vicious)??

Man, I wish I can decard midgears WoE was still alive. I do remember 1 shotting ppl left and right with SE and now with a +12 hat thingie will be even more fun hehe.

Also, I don't think we need 100% MDEF piercing when PvM'in... Most mobs don't have high MDEF so it won't be necessary to stack MDEF piercing effects.

In other hand, for MvP'in, I would agree that we need to have 100% MDEF piercing which can be obtained with Lacryma set or Crimson set. Doubt anyone will use CR on an MvP when you have either TV or WB.

Staff of Destruction is outdated and is way outclassed by both Vicious Mind Rod/Staff at +14 upgrade level with good enchants. Sure 100% MDEF bypass isnt needed for PVM, but still at least 80% is recommended and without NCT cards or La'Cryma Set, you get only 50% from Bio 5 hat and Magicians Gloves, which isnt acceptable. This is why I said OBMH still wins in most circumstances, as it gives you 30% MDEF bypass at +10 and 38% at +14, adding on the effect of Magicians Gloves you can achieve 80-88% MDEF bypass, which Id call sufficient for PVM. For MVPs, Id use La'Cryma Set for the reason of Waterball alone, which is OP against most of the bosses/MVPs. 

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 October 2017 - 06:05 AM.

#968 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Staff of Destruction is outdated and is way outclassed by both Vicious Mind Rod/Staff at +14 upgrade level with good enchants. Sure 100% MDEF bypass isnt needed for PVM, but still at least 80% is recommended and without NCT cards or La'Cryma Set, you get only 50% from Bio 5 hat and Magicians Gloves, which isnt acceptable. This is why I said OBMH still wins in most circumstances, as it gives you 30% MDEF bypass at +10 and 38% at +14, adding on the effect of Magicians Gloves you can achieve 80-88% MDEF bypass, which Id call sufficient for PVM. For MVPs, Id use La'Cryma Set for the reason of Waterball alone, which is OP against most of the bosses/MVPs. 

There are enough PVM situations in which you need exactely 0% MDef bypass to oneshot even without godly gears. :v

There is no fixed "best have x% of MDef bypass" value, it all depends on what mobs you fight.

And even if the mobs have non negligible MDef it might still be possible to reach oneshot without even 50% MDef bypass simply because of elemental advantage and a huge ammount of MAtk.

If you oneshot, you oneshot.

You don't specifically need an OBMH for this as you can achieve a oneshot via different means.

One being MDef bypass, a second being a huge ammount of MAtk and elemental boosts. A combination of both can work just as well or even better.

It all depends on what gears you have available and what mob exactely you are fighting.

Also while Waterball is very nice, it is by no means the best tool vs any and all MVPs and you might actually want a different set of weapon+shoes for some.

Edited by kubikyuu, 04 October 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#969 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

There are enough PVM situations in which you need exactely 0% MDef bypass to oneshot even without godly gears. :v

There is no fixed "best have x% of MDef bypass" value, it all depends on what mobs you fight.

And even if the mobs have non negligible MDef it might still be possible to reach oneshot without even 50% MDef bypass simply because of elemental advantage and a huge ammount of MAtk.

If you oneshot, you oneshot.

You don't specifically need an OBMH for this as you can achieve a oneshot via different means.

One being MDef bypass, a second being a huge ammount of MAtk and elemental boosts. A combination of both can work just as well or even better.

It all depends on what gears you have available and what mob exactely you are fighting.

Also while Waterball is very nice, it is by no means the best tool vs any and all MVPs and you might actually want a different set of weapon+shoes for some.

Well I was talking about high-level mobs with significant MDEF(close to 100), of course the formula is different if you fight against the likes of Naga(only 5 MDEF) but it will be a different situation. Bio 5 hats are only wearable if you are at least lv.170, so I thought you would expect to fight mobs with non-negligible MDEF. Correct me if I am wrong though.

For Waterball, yes there are a few MVPs that you are better off using other skills. I for myself find Soul Expansion more useful against Fenrir and Evil Snake Lord, but Id still say Waterball is good in the majority of circumstances. This was why I used the word 'Most', but not 'All'.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 October 2017 - 07:26 AM.

#970 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Well I was talking about high-level mobs with significant MDEF(close to 100), of course the formula is different if you fight against the likes of Naga(only 5 MDEF) but it will be a different situation. Bio 5 hats are only wearable if you are at least lv.170, so I thought you would expect to fight mobs with non-negligible MDEF. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Antler and Rake Scarabas have 70 and 102 MDef.

You definetly don't even need 50% MDef bypass to oneshot those. Elemental advantage and fire boosting gears op. :v

#971 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

i really want 100% MDEF pierce shadow set... anyone else waiting for this ? #dreamscometrue

and i should've used this account to start this tread ~_~ why did i use my alt account to post this thread which is getting so mnay viewsssssss grrr

#972 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

The Tempest Shadow Set are not coming to iRO since a bunch of whiners rejected them when WP asked for community's opinions. Funny thing is that OCP boxes arrived not long after proposal of penetration and tempest set was declined, I am not sure what the whiners of tempest set think about these shiny little toys from jRO.

Anyway tempest set are a thing in the past already, I don't think they will come and I ain't waiting for them. I am happy with flattery robe, mob scarf, magicians gloves and True KK cards, at this moment the Tempest Shadow Set isn't needed as much as before.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 October 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#973 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Probably they WILL come. But won't. But will. But won't.

If Campitor's proposal were to be approved and implemented, they'll come as a 0.06% drop rate each piece from KK MVP when you wear a certain lower headgear from Cash Shop. i.e.: It will exist, but no one will have it anyways, since you'll need to drop a "an" earring and a pendant, and a different weapon for each race, and chances are that you won't be able to complete a single set ever, unless you're Jerbearlike. :P

They should just nerf the bypass to "+25% MDEF Bypass if the sum of refine rates is +25 or higher" (instead of 100% bypass if refines are +25 or higher) and it would be all right, I guess. :P Even +20% (so that you need all of them +10 to get the full 50% MDEF bypass) would be all right, and it would help WP make more money...

And IIRC, iRO didn't ask the community's opinion, they just listened to it. People just started whining when they found out that kRO released shadow sets with MVP Card effects, and the apex of the QQ was when they announced the release of Penetration Shadow Sets in a cash shop box. The announce was withdrawn the same day, after a lot of veterans threatened to quit.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 04 October 2017 - 09:34 AM.

#974 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Probably they WILL come. But won't. But will. But won't.

If Campitor's proposal were to be approved and implemented, they'll come as a 0.06% drop rate each piece from KK MVP when you wear a certain lower headgear from Cash Shop. i.e.: It will exist, but no one will have it anyways, since you'll need to drop a "an" earring and a pendant, and a different weapon for each race, and chances are that you won't be able to complete a single set ever, unless you're Jerbearlike. :P

They should just nerf the bypass to "+25 MDEF Bypass if the sum of refine rates is +25 or higher" and it would be all right, I guess. :P

And IIRC, iRO didn't ask the community's opinion, they just listened to it. People just started whining when they found out that kRO released shadow sets with MVP Card effects, and the apex of the QQ was when they announced the release of Penetration Shadow Sets in a cash shop box. The announce was withdrawn the same day, after a lot of veterans threatened to quit.

Well if it was like Campitor's proposal, then they are effectively nonexistent on iRO anyway, and surely not something anyone should be waiting/expecting for. Realistically though, I would say that nerfing the effect of 100% bypass down to 50% is a good idea, kinda like how it happened to Magicians Gloves. In real world people make compromises, rather than a simple yes or no.

Umm they announced the release of Penetration Set in Cash Shop before, but not Tempest Set? Thats kinda of strange, I am honestly surprised why they did this.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 04 October 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#975 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Its a sad old news.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users