how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 33 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#801 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

Changing the subject, I've done my calculations again. Found some mistakes I have previously made (e.g.: I was calculating VM Rod and Staff's eMATK with the same formula as Crimson Rod, but in fact they lack the "+5 MATK per 10 levels after 70" part - they have it bult in their wMATK).

So, basically

* +14 SoD is better than +15 general use Crimson Rod (Neo Punk + N. Mimic) and +15 Specialized La'cryma (2x racist cards), but starts losing to all of them as soon as 100 MDEF.

* A +14 Sunflower Boy with 2 racist cards (who would slot them in?) is the BiS until 135 MDEF, unless you consider a "perfectly charmed" VM Rod. After that it loses to all others. To be more precise, it's 13% better than a +14 SoD with a single racist card.

+ These MDEF numbers are considering a +9 OBMH. The threshold will surely go higher with the OMBH upgrade, but all of them will lose to a VM Rod unless you have a +20 OBMH.

* At +13, ignoring charms, VM Rod starts being better than both aforementioned rods (~2% better).

* VM Staff was a huge letdown. It's less than 1% better than the VM Rod ignoring the charms, because you're locked on using OBMH, and since you need the second charm to be "Bypass X% MDEF from Y race" for consistency, you're pretty much throwing one charm away. Also, it's only 2.8% better than the Generic Crimson Rod and 3% better than the Specialized La'Cryma Stick + Pororoca. If you have an usable "+X% damage against Y Property Monster" on the first charm it will be better than these rods by this amount, but the VM Rod is still better. Also, you won't need to drop your shield.

* OBMH is still the best headgear when using Crimson Rock and Earth Strain by a very nice margin (Jack Frost as well, but you know... :v).

The comparisons were made between the average effective MATK produced by each setup when Recognized Spell is active. Other gears were unslotted Sunnies + Mob Scarf, +12 RWC Pin for Rods and +9 OBMH for Staves, +11 Flattery Robe INT2/2, +9 Temporal Int[N. Verit] (+7 Pororoca Shoes for La'cryma), +12 FAW [Spell 19][NAM or Antique Book], +9 MBS[1] (with bypass card for Crimson Rod), Psychic Magician's Glove, Psychic RWC Pendant [MATK+6%] or Alchemy Gloves[Scaraba], +9 Magical Shadow Set.

Conclusions:

1) Best Weapon is a specialized VM Rod at +13 or higher. I didn't test it, but I'm pretty sure it's already better than all other weapons at +12 with decent charms (~10% bonus on race and element, even a bit less than this).

2) Best for lower cost weapon setup is a +15 Tomb Raider's Crimson Rod of Echo. You might also want a +15 La'cryma stick for those races that you don't have a specific MDEF Bypass card combo.

3) Now you can play with staves, but they are still unefficient.

4) Since all numbers were calculated for Warlocks, with Recognized Spell active, these results may differ on Sorcerers.

#802 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

i saw new  enchants in costumes.. does that mean we miight we fixed casting reduction stones? (0.5 sec reduction i think?)

#803 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

when will we ever be able to use two handed staff for more dmg ..... sunflower boy is ?

#804 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Sorcerers cannot wear OBMH, and they dont have frost nova to make use of La'Cryma Set's MDEF bypass(also no waterball unless carded with Giant Octopus), so the result will definitely be somewhat different for them. They have less choices/options as warlocks do, but they still can benefit significantly from instant casting. In a way, warlocks sacrifices casting time for higher damage per cast(possibility of OHKO), while sorcerers sacrifice damage per cast for faster casting time(spammability). It sounds about fair to me.

when will we ever be able to use two handed staff for more dmg ..... sunflower boy is ?

You can already use 2-handed staff on normal mobs, but against bosses it will still be ineffective unless you have very high MDEF piercing. A +16 OBMH like Marty's, it will surely help a lot.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 18 July 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#805 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

=S i want +16 sunflower boy

#806 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

We all do

#807 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

I want a set of +16 VM Rods with +20% damage against Property/+20% damage against race/Decrease Cast Delay by 15%. :heh:

Edited by Kusanagisama, 18 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#808 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

I think Bio 5 will give Sunflower Boy a significant boost with True KK card, assuming the effect of this card will stack. True KK card gives +40% Crimson Rock damage, and another +20% to lv.4 weapon. Most lv.4 One-handed Rods do not have 2 slots, so with Vicious Mind Rod you can only insert one True KK card. For Crimson Rod and La'Cryma Stick, they are lv.3 weapons so they lose out on the +20% effect on lv.4 weapon bonus. This significant bonus will make 2-handed staves(lv.4 weapons) especially attractive, the increase in damage may be enough to offset the lack of MDEF piercing. 

#809 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Easier to get a +16 SFB than a single card of this. :heh:

#810 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the new calcs kusa :D

#811 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Changing the subject, I've done my calculations again. Found some mistakes I have previously made (e.g.: I was calculating VM Rod and Staff's eMATK with the same formula as Crimson Rod, but in fact they lack the "+5 MATK per 10 levels after 70" part - they have it bult in their wMATK).

So, basically

* +14 SoD is better than +15 general use Crimson Rod (Neo Punk + N. Mimic) and +15 Specialized La'cryma (2x racist cards), but starts losing to all of them as soon as 100 MDEF.

* A +14 Sunflower Boy with 2 racist cards (who would slot them in?) is the BiS until 135 MDEF, unless you consider a "perfectly charmed" VM Rod. After that it loses to all others. To be more precise, it's 13% better than a +14 SoD with a single racist card.

+ These MDEF numbers are considering a +9 OBMH. The threshold will surely go higher with the OMBH upgrade, but all of them will lose to a VM Rod unless you have a +20 OBMH.

* At +13, ignoring charms, VM Rod starts being better than both aforementioned rods (~2% better).

* VM Staff was a huge letdown. It's less than 1% better than the VM Rod ignoring the charms, because you're locked on using OBMH, and since you need the second charm to be "Bypass X% MDEF from Y race" for consistency, you're pretty much throwing one charm away. Also, it's only 2.8% better than the Generic Crimson Rod and 3% better than the Specialized La'Cryma Stick + Pororoca. If you have an usable "+X% damage against Y Property Monster" on the first charm it will be better than these rods by this amount, but the VM Rod is still better. Also, you won't need to drop your shield.

* OBMH is still the best headgear when using Crimson Rock and Earth Strain by a very nice margin (Jack Frost as well, but you know... :v).

The comparisons were made between the average effective MATK produced by each setup when Recognized Spell is active. Other gears were unslotted Sunnies + Mob Scarf, +12 RWC Pin for Rods and +9 OBMH for Staves, +11 Flattery Robe INT2/2, +9 Temporal Int[N. Verit] (+7 Pororoca Shoes for La'cryma), +12 FAW [Spell 19][NAM or Antique Book], +9 MBS[1] (with bypass card for Crimson Rod), Psychic Magician's Glove, Psychic RWC Pendant [MATK+6%] or Alchemy Gloves[Scaraba], +9 Magical Shadow Set.

Conclusions:

1) Best Weapon is a specialized VM Rod at +13 or higher. I didn't test it, but I'm pretty sure it's already better than all other weapons at +12 with decent charms (~10% bonus on race and element, even a bit less than this).

2) Best for lower cost weapon setup is a +15 Tomb Raider's Crimson Rod of Echo. You might also want a +15 La'cryma stick for those races that you don't have a specific MDEF Bypass card combo.

3) Now you can play with staves, but they are still unefficient.

4) Since all numbers were calculated for Warlocks, with Recognized Spell active, these results may differ on Sorcerers.

Kinda curious.Have ya made these tests with a zaha doll? how often it procs and such and whats the damage with that? Better than the pin or obmh+its piercing?

#812 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

I didn't test, I just made a big spreadsheet inserting gear numbers and using the formulas on iRO Wiki.

Zaha Doll seems promising for Water Ball, though you can always use firewall to proc. I tested it when it was released, and didn't like at first. Now I want to give it another chance. :( It gives a big MATK boost when it procs...

#813 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

You know what will kill two handed rods? One of the new skills they give to an awakened warlock allowing double wielding of two rods at the same time.
Or they can bring back balance to two handed rods by making a skill that allows warlocks to hold two handed rods with one hand, which then stacks with the double wielding and effectively warlocks can run around wearing two, two handed rods. Sounds orgasmic if you ask me.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 19 July 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#814 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:52 AM

You know what will kill two handed rods? One of the new skills they give to an awakened warlock allowing double wielding of two rods at the same time.
Or they can bring back balance to two handed rods by making a skill that allows warlocks to hold two handed rods with one hand, which then stacks with the double wielding and effectively warlocks can run around wearing two, two handed rods. Sounds orgasmic if you ask me.

i dunno if its just me, but every time i read ur replies, i find it somewhat...pervy....

#815 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I didn't test, I just made a big spreadsheet inserting gear numbers and using the formulas on iRO Wiki.

Zaha Doll seems promising for Water Ball, though you can always use firewall to proc. I tested it when it was released, and didn't like at first. Now I want to give it another chance. :( It gives a big MATK boost when it procs...

Personally i've been using a +13 Zaha (Yeah i know how hard it can be to +13 :v) for quite some time and the results are amazing while using Waterball, but for SE the proc is kinda lame even at +13. With the introduction of Gloves i've been trying to get both RM and Zaha to proc at same time but this just seems imposible to achieve lol.
Zaha it's the hat to go with while facing Undead MVPs tho, even if it doesn't proc that often with SE the +10% dmg vs undead monster makes it worth, and if it does proc the boost is amazing

Edited by Gabrielr04, 19 July 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#816 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Sounds orgasmic if you ask me.

Running around with a rod ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in each hand? Sure it does. Demihumans stand no chance :p_laugh:

Back to the topic though. As it stands, sorcs are in a bit worse situation than warlocks since they have no access to bypass effects from OMBH or pororoca.

Given that iRO staff decided to nerf the magician's gloves, I wonder if that headgear from jRO which provides cast time reduction and mdef bypass will be nerfed as well. Even if mdef bypass after upgrading to certain level will be cut by half it might still be BIS for sorcerers.

#817 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Running around with a rod ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) in each hand? Sure it does. Demihumans stand no chance :p_laugh:

Back to the topic though. As it stands, sorcs are in a bit worse situation than warlocks since they have no access to bypass effects from OMBH or pororoca.

Given that iRO staff decided to nerf the magician's gloves, I wonder if that headgear from jRO which provides cast time reduction and mdef bypass will be nerfed as well. Even if mdef bypass after upgrading to certain level will be cut by half it might still be BIS for sorcerers.

Sorcs gain way more from procing Runaway Magic, this kinda balances it out.

#818 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

sorcs had the same if not more damage potential than WLs even without having any mdef bypass, just by sheer brute power

#819 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

i feel like sorc has more potential but sorc does not have drain life. end of the story .

#820 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

outside world: kahii>drain life :v

instances/etc: just make good use of insignias and enjoy free 100% reduction :)

#821 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

sorcs had the same if not more damage potential than WLs even without having any mdef bypass, just by sheer brute power

Which is totally ridiculous.

#822 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

So I finally got my hands on a +12 OBMH,had to sell my +9 ombh of fire and abunch of gears of my other chars ;.; but worth it!

Slotted it with a Tikbalang so my lightning damage got boosted to +110%.With magician gloves and the +12 pierce:

Neo punk:1 chain lightning tick death,Big Bell:1 chain lightning tick death,Big ben:1 chainlightning 2 ticks death.

This was with no outside buffs or consumables or even eden buffs.Last image of jupitel thunder.Hits like a truck now((staff gives it +30% extra ontop of the other bonuses)) at only lvl 154-155

aIudcqx.jpg

l112QBz.jpg

S3YUCPl.jpg

13lYJ8N.jpg

I hope they bring the non random warlock mora changes over here so the empowered staffs are more obtainable I believe this would help a lot of warlocks around

Edited by Darkshneider, 19 July 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#823 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Wow, that's so op! Grats on achieving the one shot with CL

#824 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit