how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 35 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#851 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

where can i find nightmare amon ra anyway ? 

#852 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

Head to the pyramids where the thief guild is, but walk south and talk to the cat. It will warp you to the nightmare version of the pyramid. Then just take the warp on the southeast.

Oh there are usually some people there, so I wouldn't even bother going with anything that is not sura or gx

Edited by Richkr, 08 August 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#853 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

well, none of those ultimates are really ultimate tho. DPS wise, WL repertoires are much better. Comet is too SP consuming and pathetic damage. Tetra requires some summoning balls setup as a time waster.

US or DPS for Mages are a waste of balls like Tetra, damage is useless, SP becomes

another Comet crashing thru our atmosphere.

#854 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

die

#855 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:01 AM

why is it so hard to et int 2/2 or 3/2 on flattery robe T^T

#856 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

why is it so hard to et int 2/2 or 3/2 on flattery robe T^T

Because it is not the same chance to get lv.2/3 runes compared to lv.1 runes. I've used nearly 5000 honor tokens, the best I ever got was INT 1/2. Just bought an INT 3/3 from someone else so I dont have to torture myself with this process again. I am still doing the kitchen/bijou/prison quests though, but I will be aiming for DEX runes for my alts this time, and will be happy with just DEX 1/2. 

#857 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

I got Int 1/1, and 2x 1/3 with relative ease (less than 1000 tokens per robe) while getting Str 3/2, Vit 3/3 and others in the process, but after that I could never get another Int/Int for my last robe.

I also have been getting way lesser tier 2 and tier 3 runes than compared to before. Most of the runes on my current attempts are tier 1, some are tier 2, and very rarely I get tier 3. It's likely that those who enchanted on the first weeks got it easier, then the chances were fixed in a later update. If this is confirmed to be true, it's very likely that the price of 5s and 6s robes will rise.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 09 August 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#858 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

This is the price you pay for not selling me the flattery back then...

#859 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

Just made a + 10 flattery INT5 robe...send in your offers!

#860 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

I got Int 1/1, and 2x 1/3 with relative ease (less than 1000 tokens per robe) while getting Str 3/2, Vit 3/3 and others in the process, but after that I could never get another Int/Int for my last robe.

I also have been getting way lesser tier 2 and tier 3 runes than compared to before. Most of the runes on my current attempts are tier 1, some are tier 2, and very rarely I get tier 3. It's likely that those who enchanted on the first weeks got it easier, then the chances were fixed in a later update. If this is confirmed to be true, it's very likely that the price of 5s and 6s robes will rise.

Umm this... Can anyone confirm that the rate of getting lv 2/3 runes was reduced after the first few weeks? I dont remember the early days though, I didnt begin enchanting until at least a month after EP16.1 event came out, the chance of getting lv 2/3 runes had been poor to start with so I barely notice any difference.

I did an instance of OGH yesterday with my lv.172 Warlock solo. It was a lot easier than I thought actually, as Corrupted Abysmal Knight did not really put up as much challenge, thought they could be a problem. It moved and attacked slowly, all I needed to do was to switch to La'cryma set and OBMH with Lichtern Blue, then cast Deluge/Water Ball, and its OHKO. The Bloody Knight were more dangerous though, since from time to time it cast Meteor Storm and I was clearly unprepared for this(should've used a Fire Armor).

The Raydric Archers were a bit pain to deal with, they attacked from distance and they came in large numbers but were spread-out so my Crimson Rock could only target one at a time. Also due to their Shadow 2 element, I was unable to OHKO even with Mystic Amplification. Had to play a lot of kiting to finish them off. The Maggots also gave me some trouble, until I started to use fire wall to block them from reaching me. The MVPs were surprisingly easy, killed both Corruption Root and Amdarais under 1 minute. The two mini-bosses were also quite weak, both fell under one cast of Water Ball.

For some reason, I was unable to reach the treasure room. On my way to the fountain I was hit by a huge wave of Meteor Storm by Bloody Knights from beyond the wall(yeah beyond the wall, couldnt even reach them). This was extraordinarily strange since I didnt recall Bloody Knights casting Meteor Storm like this when I fought them earlier, it felt like battling High Wizard Kathryne. I was shocked how this happened, is this a glitch? Anyway I gave up after dying 5 times, what a waste of siegfred tokens...

-_-

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 10 August 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#861 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

On the side areas of the place where you go fight Amdarais there are invisible monsters that cast MS, pretty much like Bakonawa lake. Basically just dont go to the outter parts and it will never happen.

#862 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Umm this... Can anyone confirm that the rate of getting lv 2/3 runes was reduced after the first few weeks? I dont remember the early days though, I didnt begin enchanting until at least a month after EP16.1 event came out, the chance of getting lv 2/3 runes had been poor to start with so I barely notice any difference.

Open a thread asking it on community chat. Tier 2 and 3 runes used to be VERY common for me. Might be just RNG, but as I always got many of them (even though not the ones I wanted, and not in a useful combination), also, many 5's and 6's in the market, made me think that the chance to get tier 1, 2 and 3 runes were the same. Only recently I'm finding it harder to get a tier 2 rune and WAY HARDER to get a tier 3, and it makes a lot of sense to be like this.

If this is true and the fact gets known, it's likely that the price of robes enchanted with 5's and 6's will rise.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 10 August 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#863 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

On the side areas of the place where you go fight Amdarais there are invisible monsters that cast MS, pretty much like Bakonawa lake. Basically just dont go to the outter parts and it will never happen.

I see, so it was not the Bloody Knight from the other side of the wall, but some kind of invisible monsters? Is this the intended behavior, or a glitch? Its strange that iRO Wiki mentions no such thing, otherwise at least I'd have been a lot more cautious. Even during Bio 4 runs I dont die as often as this, sigh... Thx for the tip, I will try to approach the fountain in another way next time.

Open a thread asking it on community chat. Tier 2 and 3 runes used to be VERY common for me. Might be just RNG, but as I always got many of them (even though not the ones I wanted, and not in a useful combination), also, many 5's and 6's in the market, made me think that the chance to get tier 1, 2 and 3 runes were the same. Only recently I'm finding it harder to get a tier 2 rune and WAY HARDER to get a tier 3, and it makes a lot of sense to be like this.

If this is true and the fact gets known, it's likely that the price of robes enchanted with 5's and 6's will rise.

I see, so perhaps they do not to reveal this fact since they dont want the prices of Abusive/Flattery Robes with lv3 enchants going rampage?

:hmm:

#864 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

or this just never happened and you are just used to the streak of better rng you had before

#865 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Which is totally ridiculous.

But Sorc is uglier than WL

Female sorc is fat af lol

#866 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

Umm thats very opinionated, I actually like the look of Female Sorcerers. If I manage to get my gf to play this game, she will be a sorceress.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 10 August 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#867 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

or this just never happened and you are just used to the streak of better rng you had before

Which is exactly why I wanted someone else to ask other people and collect more opinions. :heh: Someone else. Not me. :heh:

I agree with the first part, but not the second. Female sorcs are cute too, but female warlocks...  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:

#868 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

i play female sorc even though i am a male in real world... I DO NOT FEEL THE SHAME 

#869 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

According to Campitor, Bio 5 is coming to Sakray soon. I will try to run a few tests, one for +14 Sunflower Boy[2] with 2 x True KK Card, another for +16 Rod[4] with 4 x True KK Card. Should be interesting to see how much damage Crimson Rock does with these two scenarios.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 21 August 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#870 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Rod 4 wont receive a part of the card effect, for not being lv4.

Effectively, it will be the effect of 2 and a half cards. It doesnt even needs a calculation to see it will be flat out worse.

#871 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Lets just answer the question that should have been answered from page 1...................

of course Warlocks and Sorcs are powerful, they are the only classes that can oneshot (colour) plants and 2 shot shining plants......save for adoramous AB...............and we all know how powerful those (colour) plants are.............

#872 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

actually any class can

#873 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

how do all classes do it now? please tell!!!

#874 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

banaspaty/breeze card

#875 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

yeah but thats different. I meant in terms of its own skillsets that it has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users