how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 55 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#1351 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

they are not bots? they are actually real humans camp there?

Yes, nobody killing it is a bot.

There's one Nightmare Amon Ra Card on Thor according to ROPD, but on a hidden character. Who knows where that comes from, though, as Thor had several MVP Cards slip through their initial merge. Could have been from before on pRO or from after Thor was opened.

There is one Nightmare Amon Ra rumored on Chaos, but I've never seen concrete confirmation of its existence nor heard of anybody who can definitively say they have seen it.

Even Uber, who is there more often that not, cannot say whether or not one has actually dropped--and he certainly does not have one. He's probably killed it 4-5k times, albeit a good amount of that was before the implementation of the Nightmare version of the card. He found normal Amon Ra Cards from it before the implementation. Adding in my ~500 kills, I don't have one either.

It has led me to question whether or not the card is even properly dropping, but after constant pestering, the GM Team has confirmed that it is indeed dropping. I still have my doubts, however, and here's why:

I brought up a similar inquiry over a year ago regarding Naght Seiger Card (and again very recently). I'm pretty sure that most people who kill Entweihen go on to kill Naght, so it's really strange that there's a ton of Ent Cards around but not a single known Naght Card. When I asked about it, it was confirmed to me that the card was in the drop table but was not "dropping at the right rate"--whatever that means. They said it would be changed with the upcoming maintenance, but nothing was ever noted and I don't know if it ever happened.

The only time I had even heard of a Naght Seiger Card was when somebody was 'auctioning' one in Eden a long while back. Their a/s was 7b or something in that range? I can't quite remember. I immediately told them I'd take it at a/s and they said they would get back to me after discussing with their party. After a couple of days of no communication, I contacted them again and they were really dodgy about selling it. I asked to at least see the card itself in a deal since I had never seen one on this server and they stopped replying. Never heard from them again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: To expand on not knowing whether or not certain cards are dropping, I think it'd be great if the GMs could perform concrete tests by killing thousands of said MVPs on Chaos to confirm that it is dropping on the server. None of this stuff with Sakray testing or anything. Most of the time, tests on Sakray don't even translate to the mains. It needs to be tested on Chaos.

It would be great if they could establish a check list with information on whether a certain card is properly dropping on the server--especially for newer MVPs--rather than just checking drop tables.

Keep in mind that I'm the one who discovered that Lord Knight Seyren had his card removed several years ago unbeknownst to anybody. I confirmed it by getting 8 items from the MVP and there was no card present. After reporting and stating that it seems ridiculous for the card to have been 'implemented' for so many years (one already existed from well before this) to only be removed at some point after, was not fair to anybody who is currently playing. It eliminates all future opportunity to also get one. As such, they re-implemented the card and it has dropped a couple of times since--most recently to Zayaan. So this sort of stuff is not necessarily unheard of and really should be checked. A lot of people just hunt MVPs for the cards as the normal drops tend to be garbage, so this is important stuff to ensure players aren't wasting their time with something that could never happen versus something that is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Jerbear, 10 November 2017 - 09:01 AM.

#1352 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

why use tombraider instead of vibrating?

hmm...

vibrating is big bell. not relevant

#1353 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

they are not bots? they are actually real humans camp there?

No, they answered to me the few times I talked to them, so I don't think they are bots.

The only time I had even heard of a Naght Seiger Card was when somebody was 'auctioning' one in Eden a long while back. Their a/s was 7b or something in that range? I can't quite remember. I immediately told them I'd take it at a/s and they said they would get back to me after discussing with their party. After a couple of days of no communication, I contacted them again and they were really dodgy about selling it. I asked to at least see the card itself in a deal since I had never seen one on this server and they stopped replying. Never heard from them again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sewasan claims to have access to one of such cards. Maybe he can post a Screenshot to show all of us that the card really does exist.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 10 November 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#1354 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Yes, nobody killing it is a bot.

There's one Nightmare Amon Ra Card on Thor according to ROPD, but on a hidden character. Who knows where that comes from, though, as Thor had several MVP Cards slip through their initial merge. Could have been from before on pRO or from after Thor was opened.

There is one Nightmare Amon Ra rumored on Chaos, but I've never seen concrete confirmation of its existence nor heard of anybody who can definitively say they have seen it.

Even Uber, who is there more often that not, cannot say whether or not one has actually dropped--and he certainly does not have one. He's probably killed it 4-5k times, albeit a good amount of that was before the implementation of the Nightmare version of the card. He found normal Amon Ra Cards from it before the implementation. Adding in my ~500 kills, I don't have one either.

It has led me to question whether or not the card is even properly dropping, but after constant pestering, the GM Team has confirmed that it is indeed dropping. I still have my doubts, however, and here's why:

I brought up a similar inquiry over a year ago regarding Naght Seiger Card (and again very recently). I'm pretty sure that most people who kill Entweihen go on to kill Naght, so it's really strange that there's a ton of Ent Cards around but not a single known Naght Card. When I asked about it, it was confirmed to me that the card was in the drop table but was not "dropping at the right rate"--whatever that means. They said it would be changed with the upcoming maintenance, but nothing was ever noted and I don't know if it ever happened.

EDIT: To expand on not knowing whether or not certain cards are dropping, I think it'd be great if the GMs could perform concrete tests by killing thousands of said MVPs on Chaos to confirm that it is dropping on the server. None of this stuff with Sakray testing or anything. Most of the time, tests on Sakray don't even translate to the mains. It needs to be tested on Chaos.

It would be great if they could establish a check list with information on whether a certain card is properly dropping on the server--especially for newer MVPs--rather than just checking drop tables.

Keep in mind that I'm the one who discovered that Lord Knight Seyren had his card removed several years ago unbeknownst to anybody. I confirmed it by getting 8 items from the MVP and there was no card present. After reporting and stating that it seems ridiculous for the card to have been 'implemented' for so many years (one already existed from well before this) to only be removed at some point after, was not fair to anybody who is currently playing. It eliminates all future opportunity to also get one. As such, they re-implemented the card and it has dropped a couple of times since--most recently to Zayaan. So this sort of stuff is not necessarily unheard of and really should be checked. A lot of people just hunt MVPs for the cards as the normal drops tend to be garbage, so this is important stuff to ensure players aren't wasting their time with something that could never happen versus something that is very unlikely to happen.

wow.. so we can't be sure that the nightmare amonra is "set" to drop in chaos server... hmmm

i have been farming in stefan hard so its not like i have time to drop by to kill nightamre amonra but i would love to see those card start to drop ~_~

#1355 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

No, they answered to me the few times I talked to them, so I don't think they are bots.

Sewasan claims to have access to one of such cards. Maybe he can post a Screenshot to show all of us that the card really does exist.

Would be fantastic, actually.

It's just really curious that there are nearly a dozen Entweihen Cards around but nobody ever seems to talk about Naght Cards when they've both existed in the drop table for the same amount of time and are literally on adjacent floors. It's not like people skip Naght after killing Ent. ET is completed hundreds of times a week, too.

Edited by Jerbear, 10 November 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#1356 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

You're totally right. It also sounds strange that whoever has it wants to keep it, and no new one has appeared for a long time.

Maybe it was droppable but isn't anymore because of some bug or whatever? I'll PM him about it.

#1357 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

why use tombraider instead of vibrating?

hmm...

"Vibrating" (Big Bell) is for physical  class   that's ignore 50% DEF , not MDEF  like  "of Echo"  (Big Ben)

when combo with Invisible Horror shield   = ="

I used +15  Tomb raider Crimson Rod  of Echo   (Nightmare Mimic + Big Ben)

so if I use    Undead Animal shield  (Nightmare Arclouse) = ignore 50% MDEF against Undead and Animal

and if I use  Invisible Horror shield (Neo Punk)  = ignore 50% MDEF against Demon and Formless

Combo with Magician Glove for 100% bypass on these types of monster depend on shield I wear.....

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 10 November 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#1358 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Speaking of MDEF bypass, I have a question about frozen monsters. According to iroWiki, you gain 25% more MEDF if you are frozen, so does this apply to monsters as well? If so, this means 100% MDEF piercing will not work against frozen monsters, but only bypass 75% instead. But what if you have more than 100% theoretical MDEF piercing(i.e. Lacryma set + magicians gloves + OBMH at +9 is 128% MDEF bypass in theory), can the extra MDEF gained from frozen status be pierced in this case?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 10 November 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#1359 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Speaking of MDEF bypass, I have a question about frozen monsters. According to iroWiki, you gain 25% more MEDF if you are frozen, so does this apply to monsters as well? If so, this means 100% MDEF piercing will not work against frozen monsters, but only bypass 75% instead. But what if you have more than 100% theoretical MDEF piercing(i.e. Lacryma set + magicians gloves + OBMH at +9 is 128% MDEF bypass in theory), can the extra MDEF gained from frozen status be pierced in this case?

Works as the same way as MoA, stacks multiplicatively.

#1360 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

im pretty sure with 100% mdef bypass on 500++Mdef+frozen targets will still yield 100% piercing mdef matk haha

#1361 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

there seems to be this thought going around that just because people found an MVP card they have to go prance around the forums telling every jack and jill that they got it, even more so that if it exists, that person should be more than inclined to let everyone know they have it, because if they dont then they are a terrible person who does not deserve to breathe the same air as everyone else in the world and that they will die horribly of bowel cancer if they do not tell everyone they are in possession of the said card.

#1362 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

there seems to be this thought going around that just because people found an MVP card they have to go prance around the forums telling every jack and jill that they got it, even more so that if it exists, that person should be more than inclined to let everyone know they have it, because if they dont then they are a terrible person who does not deserve to breathe the same air as everyone else in the world and that they will die horribly of bowel cancer if they do not tell everyone they are in possession of the said card.

lol

#1363 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Solution : Creates Sealed Gioia and Sealed Nightmare Amon Ra card. :)

Edited by Sigma1, 10 November 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#1364 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

the only thing i find was a really old ss, i thought i could have some replay, but it looks like no lol

PdEEKbH.jpg

As far as i know the card is no longer on that armor lol. tbh i dont even know if is still being used, same destiny as the legendary KK card xD no one use it :V

I remember when most people had ever seen an LK card, or a KK card, what Marty said is true tho, not everyone has to actually share his drop i guess, i manage to knew one of the LK owners and he never did woe until very recently, so no one even knew who was him, he also never was active on forums aswell so, bassically, the only way to see that he has an LK was to look at his fricking crit dmg and aspd and how he suddenly activate frenzy lol. But again he only do ET with his gf and his friends who wasnt active at forums aswell, so no really a way to see him in action.

Edited by Sewasan, 11 November 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#1365 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

the only thing i find was an old ss, i thought i could have some replay, but it looks like no lol

PdEEKbH.jpg

As far as i know the card is no longer on that armor lol

Thank you.

#1366 Vhaaaan

Vhaaaan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Still in doubt? Naght Seiger Card just dropped now. Kek

#1367 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

Hahahaha lmfao case closed i just saw the party who got a ns hahahahaha

#1368 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

jeuss christ. it idd?

#1369 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:57 AM

Vhaaaaaaaaaaaa[...]aaan is the new Ash.

#1370 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

i wonder which party got it. the cards option is lovely

#1371 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

I have a friend who told me that, there was an OP WL in bio 4 party, killing it with +12 Sunflower Boy(2 x True KK Cards) and FBH Temporal INT boots. Was that Haseo? I think only a very small number of ppls have Sunflower Boy, not even mentioning a FBH carded shoes. I believe Haseo has one, but dont think he does bio 4 runs since his WL is probably maxed a long time ago.

#1372 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

Still in doubt? Naght Seiger Card just dropped now. Kek

Lmfao, stranger things, huh?

If we keep talking about Nightmare Amon Ra, maybe he'll be next and Uber can thank us!

I've a list I track to inquire about MVP cards that may or may not be implemented properly to the GMs once enough time has passed. I try to converse with multiple user channels to see if anyone has any concrete proof (screenshots) of the existence of a card to absolve it from the list. Things in my possession are knocked off the list, too. Yes, RNG will always be a factor, but as evidenced by certain inquiries that have already happened, it sometimes is a database error why something is so scarce.

Obviously, newer cards haven't had ample time to drop, but they're still included for completeness. Looks like this now!

Unconfirmed / Unknown

Time Holder
Bio4 MVPs
Bio5 MVPs
Bangungot
Sarah Irene
Stephen Jack Ernest Wolf
Nightmare Queen Scaraba

Rumored

Nightmare Amon Ra
Kraken

Reasonably Likely

Gioia
Angry Student Pyuriel
Cruel Coelacanth
Mutant Coelacanth
Odd Coelacanth

The 'reasonably likely' section presents MVPs that are presumed [with reason] to be able to drop their cards based on grouping of similar or like MVPs that have dropped their cards already. For example, Kades and Daehyon have dropped cards, so it can be reasonably assumed that Gioia and Pyuriel would, too, barring erroneous circumstances (drop is not set or not implemented properly).

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know if there is an error or not until a card actually shows itself or it is assumed through other variables (8 items drop, none of them are a card). The only way things actually disappear from the list is when the card finally does drop.

If anyone has any information / proof for any of the above (or if I'm missing things in the list), feel free to PM me to update it. I'd appreciate it greatly!

Edited by Jerbear, 12 November 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#1373 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

can't they just make it into cash shop as sealed ? p2w !!!!! LOL 

#1374 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

Time holder does indeed drop its card. The player with it however wishes to keep their anonymity.

#1375 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Not that it matters, it's only 20% MATK to weapon, there are much better non MVP cards for the slot nowadays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users