Patch Notes 04/05/2017 [Complete] - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 04/05/2017 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

for pvp everything is decided by the element card not the set

#52 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

One for sure, the game is losing its variability. Atm everyone is forced to aim for full Elga/ PoS Set to dont get wrecked in PvP. The only variability you have is to replace the boots/gloves/helmet on that sets.

Sigh, can you explain more why is it losing variability? Aren't you suppose to use end game gears for high level chars? Most of the online games if they have high lvl char do you see players using a low lvl geared? Probably yes but most of the time they are using the end game gears with high level grade. 

#53 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'd disagree on that. The element factor is 100% only damage.

Sets give a certain playstyle that correlate with or without elements.

Movement speed gave less defense taking more damage regardless if you had or didn't have elements. However you are less likely to be caught.

It is possible to completely demolish a person wearing level 1 gear with max elements with a pure variety infused set without elements.

Attack speed sets increases the overall damage the elements can deal especially for x spam classes.

To say everything is decided on elements sorta defeats the purpose of having elements primary rather than secondary. Thats why players hunt gear before element cards, because they go hand in hand.

#54 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Sigh, can you explain more why is it losing variability? Aren't you suppose to use end game gears for high level chars? Most of the online games if they have high lvl char do you see players using a low lvl geared? Probably yes but most of the time they are using the end game gears with high level grade. 

Why so arrogant?

You can reach the MS/AS cap with PoS sets + IM set combination easy. Theres no need for other sets in BSQ/PvP anymore. I dont really play other online games, but even if i would, i wouldnt compare Drago with them.

Back then you could combine pretty much everything with each other and gain advantage in HP/AS/MS over others. Now everyone got the same MS/AS and if you hit the cap you just go for HP.

If people used that Atk Range Set on SUmmoner to play different, they are now also forced to follow the PoS way.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 05 April 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#55 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Because most end game gears usually have the same or more variety of stats that are clearly better than the lower level sets. They have a balanced variety set that supplied every stat effectively. This game does not do that. This game caters a specific stat for a set rather than having a universal set that has everything in it.

If a game gave 5 stats in a level 1 gear. The max level gear will be guaranteed the 5 stats but better plus more. In our game it's more like 2 stats in 1 gear different 2 stats in another and all spread.

Popcorn literally inserted the best unity set that is identical to an actual end game "gear" cause it practically has everything, not the best since other sets are mixed in or used, but that universal set is balanced because it is universal having all those stats. Regular gear is far from that. They all focus on 1-2 specific stats catered for those classes. If a set came out that maxed out all caps, and was top tier, it would be balanced gear since every gear is the same and provides the same for every other class. The only issue would be class balancing. That's exactly why lower sets are being used rather than only higher leveled gear. Because lower leveled gear provides better stats than the higher gear for some odd reason. Unlike most games those stats get carried over to the high leveled gear so that they use that instead of the lower level gear.

Edited by Agitodesu, 05 April 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

for pvp everything is decided by the element card not the set

Not so much for Summoners. At least not the damage side. When you get a +20 Hero PoS weapon and your solars and add the crits you'll see they actually don't need element attack as much as you think.

Let's just say 0 x-spam fall off + 70k matk at most + 500% CD/~30% CR can actually shred pretty fast. Even vs 30k+ mdef.

Now all that still exists depsite caps to attack speed. So the removal of the attack range bonus really doesn't do major harm to the class aside from an abnormally large safety window which made countering and dodging even more difficult than it already was.

End of the day, sunmoners are still quite strong. Even if I mained summoner I'd not care for the changes.

#57 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

Don't forget to remove it on Glorious Pyrus set wouldn't want people sniping edge of the screen in 49 bsq. 4:3 aspect ratio meta if it hits passed this it's "bugged"

Well now that we know we can replace stats on sets now can we revamp some set's since clearly you don't go PoS for PvP reasons cause endgame pve content ends at 7x.

Lets move on from the death of an over powered stat. Why was it removed all together couldn't you just have removed it from rare and normal.

\How about that blockrate fix clearly there have been multiple threads pointing out that blockrate cards aren't functioning properly

Edited by Apocryphos, 05 April 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#58 a240sxtypex

a240sxtypex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Nerfing/ removing isnt gonna make a difference people still gonna lose and complain 

#59 a240sxtypex

a240sxtypex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

i still dont understand why people who doesnt even play the game/ active still have Say in how the game goes, who knows they could just be Trolling the Forums for who knows reasons

#60 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

Theres a difference in nerfing / removing. I dont get what you are trying to say with your second reply, but who doesnt play the game?

#61 ok121

ok121

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

Nerfing/ removing isnt gonna make a difference people still gonna lose and complain 

giphy.gif

#62 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

Servers are back online

Please update your game to version 0.5.61

The client will stay at version 10.1.0.15b

Thank you for your patience and

enjoy the event!

#63 VaNak

VaNak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Servers are back online

Please update your game to version 0.5.61

The client will stay at version 10.1.0.15b

Thank you for your patience and

enjoy the event!

Hi Sir, can i ask the event x2 rate for soulcraft and enchant finish ? thank

#64 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Oh, yes it ended.

#65 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

while we are at fixing sets, is there anything that can be done about the evade stat on pos/elga for Sorcerer? since that stat only affects agility stacking classes I don't see how it's fair to put it on both endgame sets for intelligence stacking classes :/ or maybe even add some equip stats on Valkyrie sets, to give birth to some new builds and mix things up a little.  just a suggestion.

but with that aside I agree completely with the atk range change on secmathian for summoners. The class is already OP as it is (I know, I play it) and hopefully this will even out the ground for others, even if a little.

#66 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Did they need to remove it all together could've just removed it from rare and normal and called it a day now the stat itself is hardly negligible with the current equipment that gives attack range. Seems like the game direction is going towards a unified endgame where BiS is the highest level item you can put on it rather than mixing, a redeeming feature i enjoyed in the game, Changing sets effects does bring some hope for classes with stats like  evade/aim rate in an endgame.

Edited by Apocryphos, 05 April 2017 - 10:38 PM.

#67 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Did they need to remove it all together could've just removed it from rare and normal and called it a day now the stat itself is hardly negligible with the current equipment that gives attack range. Seems like the game direction is going towards a unified endgame where BiS is the highest level item you can put on it rather than mixing, a redeeming feature i enjoyed in the game, Changing sets effects does bring some hope for classes with stats like  evade/aim rate in an endgame.

I think it's too soon to think that's actual direction for balancing. With the set-bonus removal it was due to the drastic effects it had on the Summoner in general. It was the only class that could reach a solid 60%+ attack range and still maintain capped ms/as, use dual solars, stack 400%+ CD, and now have the benefits the setup gave. The only real drawback to the set was the paper defense however summoner is typically a DPS role and being able to safely poke-x-spam from 1.5x+ the range makes up for that in spades.

Though I wouldn't mind an overall set-redesigning or even a 3rd Generation of class sets in the future (First Heirloom, Second is Current, Third is Neo). Could even reintroduce the heirloom+standard potential from past sets. It could really spice-up lower levels from mixed boss/dungeon gear or 3:3 of whatever gives the core-stat set bonus.

Though I get the argument, DS was pretty much always cookie-cutter in it's sets when it came to PvP and even some PvE.

#68 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:06 AM

I think this attack range set effect was perfectly fine. It's one of those stats that shouldn't be given in such large quantities at once because of the way it works. Now I would've personally just drastically reduced the amount of attack range the set gave to keep the set effect relevant, say like 5-10%. It's understandable that people'd get angry for lost investments, but changes have to be made sometimes. We also have the enchant and soul-craft shift systems in place to insure that you don't just magically lose everything.

A quick suggestion, just something I noticed was a tad annoying in the event:

Could you also place the npc Haruka in the Cherry Blossom Hill next to the mission map? Would make it easier to fetch these quests.

#69 ertsallifel

ertsallifel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

If the issue with secmathian sets was because of mixing them to reach high attack range, why not move it to the 4th item bonus so that users can't stack the bonus from different sets ?

And since people are comparing to other games, I never understood why in DS the sets effects are like +X stat when you reach 2 pieces, +Y other stat when you get 3 pieces, etc.
In other games, you would get for example +3 Health/Int/Agi/Str with 2 pieces, and then +4 Health/Int/Agi/Str with 3 pieces (replacing the 2-set bonus, not stacking), and so on : each new item is gradually making the set stronger instead of giving a new stat, which is preventing you from getting OP stats by being lucky with how the sets were made.

For example, by putting the 3 summoner secmathian sets together you get 1800+2000+2200 MP = +6000 MP, but in many other games you would instead get let's say 1500 MP, ATK Range 8%, crit rate 20% and intelligence 70 (I'm not game designer, idk know if mixing 3 sets of different power should be superior or not to having the full set effect of the weakest set, but it was just to give example).

#70 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

Easter Cherry Blossom Event

Haruka as back, and she needs your help to stop the chef from doing bad stuff. But this is not all. The Little Spring Fairy Alba needs your help in the Easter Forest. Both NPCs can be found at the center island at Ports of the Winds.

Collect Easter Eggs to exchange them with Alba for great stuff. You can trade them for:

·         Cherry Blossom Costume Accessory Gasha Box

·         Easter Costume Accessory Gasha Box

·         Cherry Blossom Balloon Gasha Box

·         Easter Balloon Gasha Box

·         Kimono/Spring Party Set Gasha Box

·         Soverign Sunflower Set Gasha Box

·         Easter Blossom Set Gasha Box

Also the boss monsters of both maps can drop a special weapon box by a low chance. The weapons in it are spring themed IM weapons.

There is a daily quest for both maps which gives Perfect Cherry Blossoms (Haruka's Sushi Restaurant) and Golden and Silver Easter Eggs (Easter Forest). Don't throw these items away you can use them to complete a special reward quest from Alba.

You can get the Cherry Blossom Accessories (normal, chaos and new) in a box which can be obtained as mission result reward (rank S~SSS).

The Easter Lily Accessory Set can be obtained as a drop from the boss monster in the Easter Forest.

The Silver Eggs can be traded with NPC Alba for a Big IM Consumables Box.

The Event lasts until May, 3rd.

Had my hopes up that i would get a better experience this year while entering easter forest, but not. After my third box encounter i got it confirmed. I get DC with the lovely message abnormal client status. And the official reason for this is that cancelation of skills bugges up the client and crashes. My former topic about this issue got locked and when i started a new topic it got locked again due to forum rules violation.

Yup hope all of you enjoy this event, i for certain wont as long as i play with a dragoon. This class is cursed on some areas in particular events. Besides the easter forest the summer event also crashes like this.

#71 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

My former topic about this issue got locked and when i started a new topic it got locked again due to forum rules violation.

Stop canceling your skill animations because this is what you get from it. Simply decide: Play the event or cancel animations but both is definitely not working.

Also you now think you can start this discussion again here in this topic? If you continue with it I will just hide your posts without further warning since another topic has already been locked because of the forums rules. It does not change the forum rules to start this discussion again "hidden" in another topic.

Thank you.

#72 tugnas

tugnas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

will the rising sun egg can be put in market when hatch?

#73 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

will the rising sun egg can be put in market when hatch?

As far as I remember no. Usually the event pets can only be sold as eggs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users