#1 DecemberRain

DecemberRain

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:: /

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

I've noticed within the game that very little effort has gone towards grammatical correctness. The main issue with this is, besides making it look unprofessional, it makes it harder for new players to clearly understand what a spell does.

This topic will be about suggestions for changes to spell descriptions and tool tips, not changes to the spells themselves.

Since I am currently using the Magician class, I will start off by leaving my suggestion for the changes made to their primary job.

I will leave out abilities that I think are fine as they are now..

I will use brackets () to indicate varying text within the spell description.

For example; a spell that gains an additional affect after a certain level, such as Meteor Fall or Slow Heal.

Current

Point Buster
Blast with magical energy to launch up to X enemies either standing or down on the ground into the air.

Proposed Change

Energy Pillar

Using a concentration of magical energy, you launch X foes into the air.

-

Current

MP Potion Maximization

Increase all MP Recovery effect by X% additional recovery.

Proposed Change

Mana Absorption

Increases the effect of MP recovery consumables by X%.

-

Current

Re-launch

Attack and damage up to X fallen enemies at the same time, launch them high into the air.

Proposed Change

Re-launch

Lift X fallen enemies high into the air.

-

Current

Air Combo

Jump and fire an electric bolt at enemies in mid-air. Can fire as many times as the skill level.

Proposed Change

Zap

While airborne, your regular attack fires (a bolt of lightning(up to X bolts of lightning)) that deal damage to airborne foes..

-

Current

Blink

Unique skill of magicians for bailing out of danger. caster teleports back to certain distance.

Proposed Change

Blink

Teleport yourself backwards a short distance.

-

Current

Meteor Fall

After jumping, drop a small meteor to attack X enemy targets and slightly launch them into the air. Skill is also activated by pressing down arrow key and attack button after jumping.

Proposed Change

Meteor Fall

While airborne, you call down a meteor to damage X enemies (and launch them into the air).

This ability can be performed by holding down and attacking while airborne.

-

Current

Slow Heal

During skill duration, restore X% of Max HP every 3 seconds. Can heal party members once skill level reaches 4.

Proposed Change

Slow Heal

Grant (yourself (you and your allies)) a blessing that restores X% of (your (their)) maximum HP every 3 seconds.

-

Current

Focus

Put on the mask of a cute but ruthless cat to increase INT by +X and Magical attack power by X%

Proposed Change

Feline Cunning

Tap into your inner feline, granting you +X increased INT and X% increased MATK.

-

Current

Fortress

Turns into Cannonhead and blast up to X standing enemies in front.

Proposed Change

Cannon Shot

Transform yourself into a cannon and fire, dealing damage to X standing foes.

-

Current

Cannon Upgrade

Upgrade power of Fortress to give more damage and cause Lv 1 Serious Bleeding effect with X% chances.

Proposed Change

Empowered Ammunition

Increases the damage done by Cannon Shot and grants it a(n) X% chance to inflict a Lv X Bleed.

-

Current

Self Heal

By using X% of mana, a certain ratio of magic attack will be converted to heal amount and applied to oneself.

Proposed Change

Self Heal

Spend mana to heal yourself.

-

Current

Bullet Acceleration

Increases speed of Fortress bullet by X% for it to hit the target quicker.

Proposed Change

Enchanted Gunpowder

Increases the acceleration of the projectile fired by Cannon Shot by X%.

-

Current

Magician's Wisdom

This is magician's distinctive skill. 20% of Mana regeneration rate increasing buff will be given not only to caster also party members and other close users.

Proposed Change

Magician's Wisdom

Increases the MP regeneration rate of you and nearby allies by X%.

I also suggest changing the "Weapon Attack Power" line in the spell descriptions to just "ATK Power" or "MATK Power."

You don't need to tell the player that a spell does damage within the description, since the attack power conversion will be listed on the spell's tool tip.

In addition to that, I propose changing "Attack enemy number : maximum X" to "Max Enemies Struck: X"

Hopefully you'll take these or any other spell description changes into consideration.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

There is already a topic where you can report grammar listakes that you found.

To be honnest, I really do like a complete change for some skill names, just like how we did for Helix Shot.
Oh, and btw your Magician's Wisdom skill description is confusing since the mp recovery rate sounds more like the speed rate, which isn't the case, rather than the amount you recover itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users