Why photo ID verification for an e-mail change? - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Why photo ID verification for an e-mail change?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Hi. I'm trying to change my e-mail on the account I'm currently using which is a dead e-mail account. Everything was fine and dandy until they wanted me to fax a photo ID to them. Why do I need to fax an ID? First of all not everybody has a fax machine. (I don't have one.) And a photo ID is a very private thing. I may be acting very paranoid here because I'm not one to just throw out all of my personal info out to the internet, but I just want to hear other people's thoughts on this on who actually completed this procedure.

#2 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

https://support.warp...SearchID=252778

Did you follow these instructions? ^

I've never done this but the only reason I could think is maybe to verify the "physical address" portion of the form, although that does sound REALLY fishy. Are you sure you are going through warpportal support site? 

#3 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

https://support.warp...SearchID=252778

Did you follow these instructions? ^

I've never done this but the only reason I could think is maybe to verify the "physical address" portion of the form, although that does sound REALLY fishy. Are you sure you are going through warpportal support site? 

Yeah I did follow it. I got a reply from both my e-mail and my tickets. Not only for the form that what what needed on that link which I did fill out, but it "wanted a government issued ID that shows Name, DOB, nationality and other info" and faxed to 714-736-3400 I'm I"m assuming is their office. Note that I don't have a fax machine to do this.

Clip of the recent response.

http://imgur.com/a/gWaKf

#4 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Since you aren't contacting them via the email registered to the Warp Portal account, they want proof that you are the owner of the account.

Would you rather have them give your account to a random person that asks for an email change?

Many shops offer the use of a fax machine for a small fee. Alternately, there are online sites that will send faxes as well.

#5 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Since you aren't contacting them via the email registered to the Warp Portal account, they want proof that you are the owner of the account.

Would you rather have them give your account to a random person that asks for an email change?

Many shops offer the use of a fax machine for a small fee. Alternately, there are online sites that will send faxes as well.

Do you think they would just take an e-mailed scan of it instead?

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

I don't know. They might.

The only reason I can think if that they wouldn't is that they want to use the phone number that comes with an incoming fax as additional verification of your location. That would only useful if that can't be faked though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users