Question about prestige and earthquake - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about prestige and earthquake

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 3381160303142744747

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

Hi all, my question is that can RG skill, prestige dodge the earthquake from MVP boss by any chance?

Thanks for any helping.

#2 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

It enable you to dodge some of EQ hits, but rarely as a whole :heh:

Edited by Casval17, 11 April 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#3 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Hi all, my question is that can RG skill, prestige dodge the earthquake from MVP boss by any chance?

Thanks for any helping.

I have not tried using Prestige on an MVP's Earthquake but I have tried it on Warlock's Chain Lightning and Tetra Vortex.
​When I use INT & LUK +20 Foods, Prestige blocks at about 40-50% on my 90LUK and 80INT build.

#4 3381160303142744747

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

I have not tried using Prestige on an MVP's Earthquake but I have tried it on Warlock's Chain Lightning and Tetra Vortex.
​When I use INT & LUK +20 Foods, Prestige blocks at about 40-50% on my 90LUK and 80INT build.

Thank you guys :heh:

#5 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

I have made a note on my ET experience the other day using my RG built specifically to block (dodge is the specific but i will use the word block) magic (120 INT/LUK Base, up to 300 LUK on buffs and foods and other gears, making a near 90% Chance to dodge).

My Findings on some of the more deadly skills:

*Does block MvP Bomb, in all its entirety so long as you do not move.

*Does block Water Ball, in all its entirety regardless of the fact we know that Each Waterball hit is an independant hit.

*Does not block the entirety of Earthquake, each hit is independant and therefore needs to be subsequently blocked each time.

*Does block Valkyrie Randrigis Dispell.

*Not not block all hits of most Wizard Type AoE, each hit from Meteor and Storm Gust must be blocked each time

*Does block the entirety of Lord Of Vermillion? (Either both times I was being subjected to the spell am blocking all 4 hits or I was just extremely lucky, 90% still means nothing)

*Does block the entirety of thunderstorm, Jupitel Thunder

Maybe my eyes are decieving me, maybe its just how it works for me when i ET, but if anyone wants to further test this out, please add to it!

Edited by PervySageMarty, 11 April 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#6 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Salute for Omamori/Frabela sacrifice, your experiment result shall be treasured forever as long there's no patch that alters prestige formula / gears that enable prestige to dodge magic at 100% rate in the future :p_smile:  

#7 3381160303142744747

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

I have made a note on my ET experience the other day using my RG built specifically to block (dodge is the specific but i will use the word block) magic (120 INT/LUK Base, up to 300 LUK on buffs and foods and other gears, making a near 90% Chance to dodge).

My Findings on some of the more deadly skills:

*Does block MvP Bomb, in all its entirety so long as you do not move.

*Does block Water Ball, in all its entirety regardless of the fact we know that Each Waterball hit is an independant hit.

*Does not block the entirety of Earthquake, each hit is independant and therefore needs to be subsequently blocked each time.

*Does block Valkyrie Randrigis Dispell.

*Not not block all hits of most Wizard Type AoE, each hit from Meteor and Storm Gust must be blocked each time

*Does block the entirety of Lord Of Vermillion? (Either both times I was being subjected to the spell am blocking all 4 hits or I was just extremely lucky, 90% still means nothing)

*Does block the entirety of thunderstorm, Jupitel Thunder

Maybe my eyes are decieving me, maybe its just how it works for me when i ET, but if anyone wants to further test this out, please add to it!

Thank you marty, this experiences are very useful! The skill is pretty attracting me now. However there is one thing still confuse me...I just read a post from 2 months ago. ( I saw u in the post as well :heh: )

In this post: https://forums.warpp...926-earthquake/

The o-poster tested that prestige does not dodge any hits of eq when he has 37% chance of dodge. Is that because of the chance of dodge is too low or any other reasons?

My rg is main Vanishing Point skill, therefore i dont have high int and luk. So is that still good to invest 5 skill points in prestige?

Thank you so much again mate :rice:

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

As long as it is chance based there is always teh possibility for failure

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thank you marty, this experiences are very useful! The skill is pretty attracting me now. However there is one thing still confuse me...I just read a post from 2 months ago. ( I saw u in the post as well :heh: )
In this post: https://forums.warpp...926-earthquake/
The o-poster tested that prestige does not dodge any hits of eq when he has 37% chance of dodge. Is that because of the chance of dodge is too low or any other reasons?
My rg is main Vanishing Point skill, therefore i dont have high int and luk. So is that still good to invest 5 skill points in prestige?

Thank you so much again mate :rice:

A 37% chance to dodge is astronomically low, even with my 90% chance to dodge, i was still hit by one EQ out of the 3, think of it in terms of autocasting gears, 37% chance to autocast a skill is still relatively low unless you are mobbing alot of things to help proc it off. Like Ash says, so long as a failure exists there is a chance it will happen.

In my standpoint on RG gameplay, as an attack build player like you, you should only choose either prestige or banding, not both but definately pick one, and also get inspiration regardless in any situation, no RG should play without inspiration in my opinion.

#10 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

(120 INT/LUK Base, up to 300 LUK on buffs and foods and other gears, making a near 90% Chance to dodge)

as an attack build player like you, you should only choose either prestige or banding, not both but definately pick one, and also get inspiration regardless in any situation, no RG should play without inspiration in my opinion.

That is very nice. 90% chance to block Magic is kinda OP. But unfortunately, given the skill points and the builds that make sense on RG atm, you can either be:

MVP/Instance:
Inspiration 5
Vanishing Point 10
Overbrand 5

Then you would have to pick between these 3 skills:
Vanguard Force 5
Cannon Spear 5
Exceed Break 5

Prestige is not included since i think it cannot be casted with Inspiration. And theres no room for it.

Support:

This is easy since you dont have to get VP & OB, you can get all the other skills you want. Exceed Break is a must though since it is very strong with Petal, Fatal FAW and Temp LUK boots. And it compliments your Prestige since you have 120 base LUK.

PVP:
I've made this build before and its very a strong build.
90 LUK, 80INT, 90 STR, 105 VIT, the rest is up to you.

For this though, I skipped Inspiration to get King's Grace 5, Prestige 5, Exceed Break 5, Earth Drive 5.

#11 jupiterz123

jupiterz123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

A 37% chance to dodge is astronomically low, even with my 90% chance to dodge, i was still hit by one EQ out of the 3, think of it in terms of autocasting gears, 37% chance to autocast a skill is still relatively low unless you are mobbing alot of things to help proc it off. Like Ash says, so long as a failure exists there is a chance it will happen.

In my standpoint on RG gameplay, as an attack build player like you, you should only choose either prestige or banding, not both but definately pick one, and also get inspiration regardless in any situation, no RG should play without inspiration in my opinion.

Thx dude, I take all ur advices :rice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users