Returning Player questions. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player questions.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 PitchPurple

PitchPurple

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi I came from pRO and would like to start again in iRO.

Ironically, now that I have a Job irl, I wouldn't plan on investing (tentative) irl money on this one, hence a vip free gamestyle. It's just that RO has a very unique charm of making come back (I quit thrice already).

And I decided to play it classical style on a renewal setting; by classical, I mean like how every pioneer player started: Grinding. I plan on playing it the way it were. 

I'm a sole Sage fanatic; for me to have my non vip endeavor, I'm planning on supporting my main

with 2 characters, a merchant for npc transactions (vending in near future). And a farmer (not the powerhouse one mvp kind, but someone who can sustain the basic needs of my main. Pots and all, or maybe even leech my main (I don't bot, that's disgusting, I just heard you can use open multiple clients now).

So here are my questions:

• Which class should I pick for a farmer assuming I'm starting from zero. Rogue and TK comes to mind but it's still best to consult the people who's familiar with the in game market/economy

• What major rewarding quests can be done solo? (assuming I don't mind grinding)

• what advices do you have for someone like me who just plans on exploring the in game world, plans on taking on all possible solo quest regardless of difficulty, and just enjoy the darn game  (WOE and PVP's nice, but the reason why I came back is because not one game of today can replicate the same memories, and emotions I had with Ragnarok.)

I know the road I chose won't be easy.

But I care for the game and its lore.

I'm not in for a rush, but for the experience :).

P.S.

Once I make it through figuring things out, I plan to write an entire guide for newbies alike. 

(I like technical writing Lol)

Edited by PitchPurple, 17 April 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Assuming minimum investments on gears/consumables, I'll suggest taking the archer > hunter > sniper > ranger path. 

#3 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

S> Kidney = zeny or offer. PM ME

#4 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

GX- Leech gears + able to finish profitable instances solo. 

Fluffy cat's guide here  and Udyr Solo Instances here.

Ranger is nice early game but once you reach mid and high TI you would be spending serious bucks just to increase the dmg, and then there are a few instances where ranger can solo (OGH, Bako, GMT etc)

#5 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

If you're playing casually, then I don't see why you need a farming character. Farming char makes RO a second job lol. You could main your Sorc, join a guild, and do their weekly/daily instance/ET run. You will ended up getting a modest amount of zeny to upgrade gears to buy consumables. Supporting sorc is also pretty cheap to gear and it will probably be months before you hit 175 without VIP.

​For making quick zeny, I would just make a blacksmith, and go greed low TI loots. Last week, Oridecon was dropping like candies (100k each).

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 20 April 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#6 BrethColgate

BrethColgate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

I'm also from thor and i farm LowTI with my autoskill reflect pally and kill-greed all the way, i also party some low levels and try to leech them. i use Fresh Fish and Scatellton Pet for Pots. Hope this helps. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users