RG or GX for woe - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RG or GX for woe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hello :)

There's probably a lot of this kinds of threads already but I can't seem to find em..

Question for woe veterans.

I have a GX And an RG.i don't know which of the two should I choose as a main. I'm aiming to be good at WOE.

I know both classes are more on the support side of things (with poison and sacrifice and all) and I actually like that which is why I made both. But I want a class that can also do some serious effective killing if necessary (one on ones or something) specially with Suras.. everyone's a Sura.. I just don't like them and wanna kill them lol so no, I'm not making a sura. (I have an RK but DB doesn't really appeal to me.. seems too easy and everyone's also an RK these days)

Gearing and levelling a character isn't a problem. Gears are almost complete. I based my RG's build and gears off Hayroh and Chakri's EB Style gameplay and my GX is an RC/CRS/CI build with offensive gears

Which class would realistically do better at killing at woe? (Also surviving)

I'm leaning towards my RG but are GX's that useless at killing these days?

Thank you :)

Edited by olagain, 19 April 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#2 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

RG is one of the most effective killer in woe. check the videos of Chakri during woe.  

#3 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Yes :D that's why I made my Rg, actually. And he was very nice as to give me advice on gears and other things. Shout out to Chakri haha and Hayroh for the RG guide haha

GX was my first character though. I thought I could do some serious kiliing if needed but it doesn't seem like it from what I read. I know it comes down to skill but it just doesn't seem like it's GX's job to kill (unless helping someone kill) but rather just posion, run and break emp. As good as that is.. I want to be able to kill Suras with a good fighting chance like how people think Suras and RKs can kill all easily (or not)

Edited by olagain, 19 April 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

GX can kill as well. I know some hard-hitting GXs in WoE. The problem is, they cant use shield when they attack. Unless these 3 following conditions are met, most likely you wont kill.

1) the target doesnt use Maya P. ie he is not aware of your presence

2) He is alone or getting ganged already

3) You use Dark Claw

Your chance of winning 1-1 depends on class and rules. All items and skills allowed, GX vs RG and GX would probably win. If self-buff and RWC rules, RG would probably win. In WoE, It all comes down to individuals. 

GX has backslide to get out of Fiber lock or Vacuum. Put on WoE set and spam the poison until it succeeds, and there you go.

RG doesnt and doesn't matter how strong you are as RG, anyone with Fiber lock can sacrifice himself to spam Fiber lock on you and you're shut down. That's the problem. Also be very careful with Crit EB. Many Suras have been using Crescent elbow for a while now. You will have to use Bash to cancel it. It's hard to do this in WoE however because you dont see when particular Suras use the skill out of your screen or just before you land a hit.

My suggestion, if you have a small resources to  build one character for WoE/PvP, then maybe make Doram is better. Doram probably doesnt require fancy gears to play and already one shot many people in PvP and WoE. For example, your doram doesnt need MvPs/Gods and he will be able to kill non-MvPs/Gods players. If you want to kill indirectly, then play SC.

Only if you started playing Crit EB RG in 2013-2015, you would probably enjoy it a lot more ... like in the video below. You would be very unique as people were not well aware of this build. People would give you the wtf face lol

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 April 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#5 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

chakri is here  :p_omg:

#6 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

GX can kill as well. I know some hard-hitting GXs in WoE. The problem is, they cant use shield when they attack. Unless these 3 following conditions are met, most likely you wont kill.

3) You use Dark Claw

Your chance of winning 1-1 depends on class and rules. All items and skills allowed, GX vs RG and GX would probably win. If self-buff and RWC rules, RG would probably win. In WoE, It all comes down to individuals.

GX has backslide to get out of Fiber lock or Vacuum. Put on WoE set and spam the poison until it succeeds, and there you go.
RG doesnt and doesn't matter how strong you are as RG, anyone with Fiber lock can sacrifice himself to spam Fiber lock on you and you're shut down. That's the problem. Also be very careful with Crit EB. Many Suras have been using Crescent elbow for a while now. You will have to use Bash to cancel it. It's hard to do this in WoE however because you dont see when particular Suras use the skill out of your screen or just before you land a hit.

My suggestion, if you have a small resources to build one character for WoE/PvP, then maybe make Doram is better. Doram probably doesnt require fancy gears to play and already one shot many people in PvP and WoE. For example, your doram doesnt need MvPs/Gods and he will be able to kill non-MvPs/Gods players. If you want to kill indirectly, then play SC.

Only if you started playing Crit EB RG in 2013-2015, you would probably enjoy it a lot more ... like in the video below. You would be very unique as people were not well aware of this build. People would give you the wtf face lol

Spoiler

Thanks for that. That's good to know that some GX can do some killing. Coming from you, those gx must be godly then lol. I just want to be able to kill Suras and RK's as a gx but most people I've talked to said my chances are very low and should just go rg or rk as they stand a better chance. Hence I ask this question haha

RG's do seem to put on a better fight against most classes than gx's based on what I've searched.

What about in teams? Are RG's a lot more useful than GX? Gx can cure and poison but rgs have sacrifice.

I know it depends but I which class is more sought after by nice guilds?

Edited by olagain, 20 April 2017 - 02:00 AM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

in general, RGs are way more usefull than GXes in woe. As Chakri already mentioned, GXes cant use shield to deal significant damage, wich will get them killed 90% of the time if they just accidentally step into enemey fire. And even having really good GX gears, in the end, you wont feel as impactfull in woe as an RG does, be it supporting others, or trying to kill.

But to be fair, to reach Chakri's potential of killing you require an investment tens of times higher than a gx would worry about :v

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for that. That's good to know that some GX can do some killing. Coming from you, those gx must be godly then lol. I just want to be able to kill Suras and RK's as a gx but most people I've talked to said my chances are very low and should just go rg or rk as they stand a better chance. Hence I ask this question haha

RG's do seem to put on a better fight against most classes than gx's based on what I've searched.

What about in teams? Are RG's a lot more useful than GX? Gx can cure and poison but rgs have sacrifice.

I know it depends but I which class is more sought after by nice guilds?

If you really want to play either RG or GX, then there is no competition between these two; RG wins :^)

Many guilds seek after support RG. RG is also more prestigious and handsome than any GX can ever be lmfao

#9 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

3) You use Dark Claw

My suggestion, if you have a small resources to  build one character for WoE/PvP, then maybe make Doram is better. Doram probably doesnt require fancy gears to play and already one shot many people in PvP and WoE. For example, your doram doesnt need MvPs/Gods and he will be able to kill non-MvPs/Gods players. If you want to kill indirectly, then play SC.

Spoiler

Stop right there! Did u said SC? I am leveling a SC to play it on woe as it is my favorite class but a lot of people said it's "meh" for woe. What do you mean by "kill indirectly"? What is my option as a SC? 

You just gave me hope. lol

#10 narublue

narublue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:SoaRJealous

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

SC is a class that allows other classes to get easier kills on their targets, by removing their abilities to use skills and divesting their weapons/debuffing them with masqs. Kinda like Sombra is in overwatch if you've ever played that game, disabling enemies abilities and making them easier to kill, and if there's no one around at least you took them out of the fight long enough to make an impact. SC are super good in WoE if played correctly. If you wanna just straight up kill people I'd suggest making a Doram right now, they're super OP I have no issue mowing through multiple enemies with a doram. If anything I'd say SC are actually pretty great doram counters because dorams dmg is completely based on their accessories which give like a 200% damage boost to picky peck. As far as the OP question goes, RG>GX for WoE all the way for reasons listed above.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Stop right there! Did u said SC? I am leveling a SC to play it on woe as it is my favorite class but a lot of people said it's "meh" for woe. What do you mean by "kill indirectly"? What is my option as a SC?

You just gave me hope. lol

I don't play SC so I am not sure how good exactly this class is in WoE but from my experiences in WoE it is incredibley strong. You will find out when you play him eventually whether this class is strong or not. Have you gone through his skills to read what he is capable of? At this point linking a WoE video probably doesn't give you insights because you probably can't tell what is going on.

SC is the only class that I feel like they don't have any weaknesses. The only time when they are shut down is by another SC. Irony isn't it. Their skills allow them to handle any classes.

Some highlights of SC:

1) They can default max reduction and still do their jobs i.e. disable people. For example RG and Sura need to equip attack gears to kill which means they have less reductions and die easily. Sura has Snap to hit and run which allows them to survive. RG has defensive skills at a cost of being slow and die eventually. Now if they put on reduction gears, they can't kill i.e. cant do their jobs. If you follow my WoE videos, at some point you probably have witnessed me tanking many OP Gods/MvPs players with reduction gears (not even max reduction yet).

2) High survivability and High mobility. Being able to max reductions all the time. Have many skills to handle any situation (unless your enemy is also a SC).

3) Indirect killl. This is why many people hate SC. You've already read that GX is not as effective in WoE as it is in PvM because GX needs to drop a shield to do potential damage. Without a shield, GX drops dead so fast. This means reduction is very very important. What does Weakness masq. do is to remove weapon and shield at the same time. That's why when you get Weakness masq, you are already 90% dead. There are other Masq. skills out there as well from removing RK's dragon, which means he is as dead because he can't DB, to silencing a target from casting any spells.

Some other pro:
> Can redirect any incoming damage to another person with a shadow formation.
> Immune to dispel with a hell of Soul linker.
> Can shut down anyone up to 3 people at the same time with Manhole.
> Have many evasive skills such as Feint bomb, Backside, Flying kick.
> Can remove target's accessories
> Can reveal hiding enemy with Paint
> Masq skills can be instant. Doesn't matter how much Masq resistancy you have, it will take less than 3 seconds to get you masq'ed. You also can't kill a SC solo.

I would link you to Afrikan's videos but maybe next time. You can also look him up too on YouTube :3

Yeah read what Ash said below me. Short and accurate lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 April 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

long story short

SC is the ultimate co*kblocker in WoE/PvP scenarios. Tanky as puppy, great mobility, great disruption, and has some of the best debuffs in the game against players

Edited by Ashuckel, 20 April 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#13 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

If you like to kill a ton of players grouping together in a corner, then maybe try mado mechanic ?  Tofu has some sick guides out there.  I don't think they require any MvP gears at all to blow themselves up. 

​You will probably ended up making 9 SD Mechanic to switch during the cool down before making 1x175 RG with god item.  BIo4 leveling is a real drag lately.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Dont spread the cancer

#15 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

create a sura > ask for a GOH build > spam goh > gg ez

#16 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I want to thank narublue, Chakri and Ashuckel (I swer, this guy is in every thread). You guys made me extremely excited to lvl up my SC even faster
I am 121 right now, maybe in a few weeks I will be able to play woe. I hope I wont need any MVP cards because I am very poor but I got decent gears to lvl up using ignition break.

I did read SC's skills but I've never thought about all those possibilities. You guys makes me think that it should be nerfed XD

Again, thank you! Very useful tips.

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Soon enough you'll realize it SHOUlD be nerfed lel

#18 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

create a sura > ask for a GOH build > spam goh > gg ez

this is exactly why I don't want to be a Sura. privelaged and easy. How I wish GX in general have a good fighting chance against Suras and RKs. but from what you guys are saying. RG's are the way to go.

#19 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

If you like to kill a ton of players grouping together in a corner, then maybe try mado mechanic ?  Tofu has some sick guides out there.  I don't think they require any MvP gears at all to blow themselves up. 

​You will probably ended up making 9 SD Mechanic to switch during the cool down before making 1x175 RG with god item.  BIo4 leveling is a real drag lately.

I've heard about Mado Mechanics. Seems too easy and almost a one trick pony.. (then again, most are) gearing myself to the teeth isn't a problem. My rg and gx are almost geared to the teeth (just need costumes and need to enhance my gears)

#20 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

If you really want to play either RG or GX, then there is no competition between these two; RG wins :^)

Many guilds seek after support RG. RG is also more prestigious and handsome than any GX can ever be lmfao

As much as I hate to let go of ye old gx, I'll have to agree with you on both points haha..

#21 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

RG's can fight with and against the big boys Suras and RK's. So I pretty much made my decision on that.

Before letting go of ye old gx.. what avout GXs? What are their chances agaisnt the two class? The reasoning behind my gx was I was gonna use hallucination walk as a superman button and murder the sura if I catch him alone and maybe same with rks (of course also watching out for their other skills via hide, cloack, fiber lock, etc). Is that even viable?

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

no

#23 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

No.

IF your a die hard fan then go to gx if not, there are other classes to have fun playin in woe.

Don't ask em what class tho since im a die hard gx player.

#24 olagain

olagain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

no

Thank you xD

#25 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

Whats this Doram class? I can't find much about it on wiki other htan having something to do with summoners. do you transcend from summoner somehow to Doram, or do you select Doram as a new character?

*edit* wait I'm getting summoner confused, was thinking of sorcerer lol. same Q -> summoner :P

Edited by Hrothmund, 21 April 2017 - 11:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users