MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello again Mage community!

I watched a video long ago and was impressed and at the same time felt weird about a battle high wiz. I thought it was impossible.

But, just wondering what are the stats, equips and skill build of a battle wiz/highwiz/warlock? I'm planning to make one.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

Ask Marty, he could guide you probably

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

*Warriorlock.

#4 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

same equips as hindsight sorc  minus the sorc only goodies  :heh: 

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

use 2x alchemy glove, reflect and fire spells enhancer = fire ball good times.

#6 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

can a one hand staff+shield warlock get 193 without temp agi? Pororoca+lacryma too good.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

with other aspd gears sure can

#8 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

hmm. . . aspd gears like sorc? Will the Dragon Vest + Dragon Manteau a good gear?

How about for the weapon? Counter of Dagger?

#9 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

FQL is probably the superior choice in weaponry. A Warriorlock shows you how extremely important it is to understand the rules that govern some of the skills the Wizard line gets.

#10 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

What's FQL?

And how about the skill build? If I lack dex for example will all the wiz-wl will be slower than I will expect?

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

Faceworm Queen Leg.

I have no skill build to present you atm since i am still testing alot of things to see how it can work with a battle build. I am mostly trying to force the Warlock into only using 3 skills outside its passives and some other skills that stay active for a duration.

Yes no dex does mean slower cast, but i also am running with no dex as well while im testing things out. Maybe someone with a higher degree of knowledge on this subject can help? I am still considering myself very noob to this.

#12 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

I see. . . but thanks for the input on this.

Maybe ROFL + ROR combo might help on procing and the for the skills. Quaqmire, Ice Wall, and Sienna Execrate for some mob control? That's what I am thinking atm

#13 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

I believe if procing things is the focus, mob control becomes a silly idea, outside quagmire. But i myself am using frosty misty at max level, as my tests show me that stacking reductions on a warlock does them no benefit, their HP cannot handle the flogging as a base, and their gear base proves to be the weakest comparitive to other class lines without nerfing your damage into the ground. Reductions can help but without a way to reduce damage downwards to 5% and less, mobbing does pile it up.
The way i can see so far, PD is the only way we can go which im trying to grasp at, in other words, acrobatically avoiding getting hit..

Edited by PervySageMarty, 25 April 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#14 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

I never understood why people make this set. You will be pouring agi, vit, and dex, and invest in alot of gears to gain that 193 aspd, damage reduction, and hit rate leaving you with a subpar amount of int or str to kill things with..... what exactly? Extremity fist? Storm gust? Meteor storm? The mage spells? Youre going to boost your physical attack with..... what exacty? Staffs? Daggers? Books maybe? What about all your other skills which will end up useless? or that really tiny hp pool to tank with?

Im sorry but it just doesnt make sense. Might as well make an RK with two handed quicken, +10 alca bringer, 130int, aura blade, and spear dyanamo.

Please send me a video of a battle warlock in iro. I very much want to see someone make a strange set like this and prove to me its viable

Edited by mlmf, 26 April 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#15 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

Please send me a video of a battle warlock in iro. I very much want to see someone make a strange set like this and prove to me its viable

RO is a game.

As long as someone has fun with this build it's viable for that person.

For something to be fun it does not have to be effective.

#16 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

If that's the case, might as well go hybrid for this build. Pure battle is impossible. . .

#17 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

i remember when WLs do trash dmg because there was no way to bypass the mdef, and then there was people playing it anyway :/ if you like the idea and can make it shine go for it, now i have decent gear for a WL, kubi and Kusa always go ahead of me in terms of gear, but a couple of months before, or was a year? i dont remember, i dont have half the things i have now and i cant bypass mdef from anything, even then i finish ogh (second part is a pain in the ass), and on that same time the post about WLs being the trashy class of renewal appear (kusa and marty might remember that topic), so test things and if actually fit your playstyle and you like to go against some instances to check go for it man, as Kubi said, the important thing is having fun, if you want to be "effective" you might aswell make a GX (i dont like GXs so lel, ill stick with my WLs as always)

#18 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

I don't like GXes as well... boring as hell to play class... but I love the money that mine brings me. XD

#19 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

I don't like GXes as well... boring as hell to play class... but I love the money that mine brings me. XD

While I do not dislike GX (well ok... I really hate the male GX sprite, that's a walking eye-cancer waiting to happen... female GX is bearable - jRO sprites please D: ), the money they bring is why I started with them before even trying to level a Warlock.

Geared Warlocks are just so much more fun. :p_hi:

As for Battle-WL:

I doubt that pure battle is impossible, but it would be very slow to grind after reaching 3rd class. Probably even a bit slower than Battle ABs.

I leveled pure a battle wiz/high wiz to 99/70 in renewal (not on iRO though). That worked descently and the pms I got were quite fun to read.

I even killed faster than some Hunters/Performers. #gearsmatter <__<

Quagmire + Safety Wall allow to dodge quite a few mobs and Frost Nova helps with crowd control.

But other than that Warlock types really do not have anything that would benefit melee-style leveling.

I'm not hardcore enough to continue that path for Warlock jobchange + everything after that. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users