topic about the new substat (change need to be done) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

topic about the new substat (change need to be done)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

dear admins .. as i did my research i found out about the new substat you make
and now i must tell you ... you need to fix this issue or think of new gear for cleric..
this is abosord and weird
do u know what have you done?
doing the new substat of 40 charm, you make the Gem Berryl useless for cleric.... now u can just put in every gear/acc the substat and u dont even need the gem ... but wake up the gem is what making the weapon glowing and beautiful and cool

the whole point since day 1 of rose online is that the gem is powerful then the substat...

why i need to lose the glow and coolnes good looking toon for a power?

i want to look cool and glow without losing buff power

the B7 is 5%+10
so its 21.25 +10 to charm
but the substat is 40... do you see my point?
the gem become useless

why you ruind it !?
i think you need to think about it again or make a little bit of change on the gem... you can make it 5%+20 so it will be 41 exeeded the sub stat, so we can still use the gem
please dear admins think it again its very disturbing ..
please think about it again

Edited by ServX, 20 April 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#2 OshOsh

OshOsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

use one with the gem at custome tab.but i do agree that gem is outshine by the new stats in term of buff

#3 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

This is why I made another thread proposing the idea of grade 8 gems

#4 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

i know .. we cant deny it cause it is an issue an importent one
and i hope the admins will watch this post and forward it to the staff that is in charge of the updates
or making Gem grade 8 or raise the gem points to 5%+20
anything can be possible just keeping the gem more powerful then the substat

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:42 AM

Use a costume weapon for the Gem Glow. 

#6 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

you have a point there and its a nice idea but still i dont think they need to change that rule that was since day 1 rose online was released
gem always was more powerful and more popular to get and put on ..
i saw you say in other post that its easy to get the gems... but you can look now at the shops everyone selling these new substat including max charm... so its easy to get that too

i still think they need to correct the gem points to 5%+20 but its my opinion ... they need to decide

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

It's called progression, it's something you need to do if you want to stay relevant, and offer new content. You're arguing a historical fallacy and it makes no sense. It would be like me saying Slavery should be allowed, because that's how it was when we started as a civilization. Just because that's how it was, doesn't mean that's how it should stay.

Gems are easiest to get, sub-stats are the next easiest to get, followed by slot specific gems, and finally runes being the hardest to get.

If you make something that's easier to get AND is more powerful than anything else, then you completely remove any inclination to go get the other things. If gems are better than sub-stats, SEN arti's have no purpose, hi-stat epic are useless for jewelry etc, and Re-Roll Hammers are useless and Gravity would lose money. Do you get the point yet? None of the 'reasons' I've seen presented are valid justifications. They're all historical fallacy's and "I want it' positions. 

#8 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Well Feuer got a good Point...

#9 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

It's called progression, it's something you need to do if you want to stay relevant, and offer new content. You're arguing a historical fallacy and it makes no sense. It would be like me saying Slavery should be allowed, because that's how it was when we started as a civilization. Just because that's how it was, doesn't mean that's how it should stay.

Gems are easiest to get, sub-stats are the next easiest to get, followed by slot specific gems, and finally runes being the hardest to get.

If you make something that's easier to get AND is more powerful than anything else, then you completely remove any inclination to go get the other things. If gems are better than sub-stats, SEN arti's have no purpose, hi-stat epic are useless for jewelry etc, and Re-Roll Hammers are useless and Gravity would lose money. Do you get the point yet? None of the 'reasons' I've seen presented are valid justifications. They're all historical fallacy's and "I want it' positions. 

how the hell u compare a game to something like slavery?!
are you that idiot?

im just saying that because you dont do changes on a wining horse !!
your philosophic thinking is last thing rose online need ... rose dosent need to change to be good or be the best of mmo...

and i noticed your comments ... in every suggestion people make you are very agressive and judging who do you think you are the GM the owner ?
you are just like me you can give your opinion but grow up buddy ... stop judging the way i think or anyone else thinking .. we all want to make the game more fun and enjoyable ...

and from the dawn of times in rose it dosent need to change and admins should correct it to 5%+20 .. i dont care its easy to get
even now the new sub is more easy to get you just reroll like a fool and dont go farming

just shut up ... you are not helping at all !

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Facts don't care about your feelings, and neither do I - Ben Shapiro

A fallacy is a fallacy, I chose an extreme example so it wouldn't be contested with pedantic nuance. The fact remains the same, just because something was a certain way in the past, doesn't justify it continuing. Change for the better, in another phrase.

Lastly, no I don't think I'm a GM, but it sure is getting funny that people have such a fear of that. I wonder if it's because I'm right, and I shut down bad ideas that selfish people push for their own benefit, thus making them frustrated that they couldn't pass off the idea as virtuous in nature. Just a little thought I had, but my point I hope wasn't lost. I'm not a GM, but yes like you, I too have opinions, and I will post them on a public space like the forums. If you can't handle your opinions being criticized, then keep them to yourself. Don't get mad at me, and start throwing a tantrum because I expressed my perception. 

#11 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Facts don't care about your feelings, and neither do I - Ben Shapiro

A fallacy is a fallacy, I chose an extreme example so it wouldn't be contested with pedantic nuance. The fact remains the same, just because something was a certain way in the past, doesn't justify it continuing. Change for the better, in another phrase.

Lastly, no I don't think I'm a GM, but it sure is getting funny that people have such a fear of that. I wonder if it's because I'm right, and I shut down bad ideas that selfish people push for their own benefit, thus making them frustrated that they couldn't pass off the idea as virtuous in nature. Just a little thought I had, but my point I hope wasn't lost. I'm not a GM, but yes like you, I too have opinions, and I will post them on a public space like the forums. If you can't handle your opinions being criticized, then keep them to yourself. Don't get mad at me, and start throwing a tantrum because I expressed my perception. 

You begging for an Arti buff is insanely laughable when they're one of the strongest single target damage dealers in the game right now.. Grade 8 gems can be introduced into the game, or Grade 7 altered a tiny bit to make up for the "gap" to sub stats, and end game runes. I'm not saying close the gap entirely, but craft gems do need a boost, right now they're useless and a waste of money to invest to. Why is it that the previous stats were better, and now they're even more better, and if you even buff the Gems to what the old stats would of been, I bet you'd complain even then. You still haven't brought up a single legit valid reason for why it's an abysmal idea, you're sitting there on your back bone and relying on your reputation that the community will recognize that it's a bad idea, which ... I'm laughing at because it's not going to break the game, or make sub-stats "irrelevant". It's hilarious you speak this way, but in game you stack skills on an arti just like Kileaue, but then say it's impossible to stack more than 3 skills in one animation. You're out of your lane Feuer.

Edited by Snuwfer, 21 April 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#12 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

There seems to be a lot of flaming in this topic and that is unnecessary.

Please post without involving anyone else and refrain from calling other players derogatory names. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion even if it is different from your own.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Why don't you go back to calling everyone a bug exploiter Snuwfer, even when they're getting pummeled into the ground for 30 minutes straight. Why? Because that's about as relevant as you bringing it up in this thread.

Your personal 'issue' with me and everyone else saying that a class with ZERO survival stats is under-whelmingly weak has nothing to do with the topic. Aside from the off-hand comment, Artisans aren't the best Damage Dealers. Katar Raiders and Bow Scouts are. An Artisan MAY be able to hit hard a few times, but they die instantly. A Raider and Scouts can survive, thus dealing more damage over the time-frame of combat.

But you know what, have this thread your way. I won't complain about being able to craft Max CHA buff items, trust me. It'd take me 1, 2 days tops to craft those G8's and have a full set of stat buffing EQ for all my toons, and all the Re-rolls and Sub-stats will go to waste and Gravity can lose money. Honestly, do it, go ahead. It won't make me sad, or even in the least bit concerned. Personally, I think it'd be great if you didn't even need CHA buff gear. Just make ALL class buffs 70% stat buffs without gear. Why not right?

Seriously though, not being facetious, DO IT. 

#14 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

im just saying .. the game worked just fine before and i dont mean 10 years ago i mean 2 weeks ago before the update !!
anyone complain about the substat?! NO
its was just fine the way it is !!! that the gem is more powerful then the substat, end of story !!! and stop argue cause you are making no sense at atll !!
over 15-18 i dont know how much time the game is online but since day 1 untill last week it was fine that way of the gem been powerful

and they need to change that gap or make the gem stronger again ... so people will go farming the gem or use artisan to make it

for another topic....

did you know that Cleric is the most lame char now ?
every class have their own gear that gives a alot of defense... but cleric is stuck with a lame awful gear with 30-40 def from item mall or event
why they dont published a new update for only a cleric creating a new special gear for him that also gives 250-300 Defense and charm in his base for example like shamrock hat have

its very annoying that everywhere cleric go his defense is really low... and he need to switch gear all the time from buffer gear to defense gear cause of that awful charm gear with no defense... cleric should be powerful enough to protect himself and i dont mean tank but just survive

anyway.. this issue need to be corrected for my opinion

#15 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Why don't you go back to calling everyone a bug exploiter Snuwfer, even when they're getting pummeled into the ground for 30 minutes straight. Why? Because that's about as relevant as you bringing it up in this thread.

Your personal 'issue' with me and everyone else saying that a class with ZERO survival stats is under-whelmingly weak has nothing to do with the topic. Aside from the off-hand comment, Artisans aren't the best Damage Dealers. Katar Raiders and Bow Scouts are. An Artisan MAY be able to hit hard a few times, but they die instantly. A Raider and Scouts can survive, thus dealing more damage over the time-frame of combat.

But you know what, have this thread your way. I won't complain about being able to craft Max CHA buff items, trust me. It'd take me 1, 2 days tops to craft those G8's and have a full set of stat buffing EQ for all my toons, and all the Re-rolls and Sub-stats will go to waste and Gravity can lose money. Honestly, do it, go ahead. It won't make me sad, or even in the least bit concerned. Personally, I think it'd be great if you didn't even need CHA buff gear. Just make ALL class buffs 70% stat buffs without gear. Why not right?

Seriously though, not being facetious, DO IT. 

Quite the hypocritical, and ignorant person.

Do the math, you'll see that it's hardly going to change anything as it stands right now. What keeps making you think that they're going to be buffed to exceed sub-stats????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

hopefully it's enough question marks, no I don't care about having a thread my way, or your way simply because your opinions are skewered terribly, and your basis on others opinions is disgusting.

Stop begging for arti's to get more buffs, they're fine. They have an AOE sleep too, they're even being used right now based off of broken mechanics. How about you start worrying about getting arti's set up properly before screaming GIVE IT THIS, GIVE IT THAT! You and I both know arti's heavily rely on skill stacking, and abusing their ridiculous dot damage while sleeping the enemy. What happens when dot damage actually wakes you up from sleep? No I don't call everyone an bug exploiter, only two people I have an issue with in game and you're starting to be number 3rd. I have an issue with people abusing skill stacking, and dual client in DP. Get the class sorted so it's not reliant on broken mechanics first, then ask for proper changes. The only thing Beryl [7]s are really used for is Buff Charm, and your only argument is that it's going to make getting cha buff even easier? 

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

Ok, fine, you want to keep debating the topic, let's do it; with numbers this time shal we?

Base Stat Build:

CHA: 300

x1 Beryl 7 (5% + 10)

(300) * .05 + 10

B7 = 25 CHA. vs 30 SubStat + [secondary line]

Sub-stat Better

CHA: 350

1x Beryl 7

(350 * .05) + 10

27.5 CHA vs 30 SubStat + [secondary line]

Sub-stat Better

CHA 375

1x Beryl 7

(375 * .05) + 10

28.75 CHA vs 30 SubStat + [secondary line]

Sub-stat Better

CHA: 400

1x Beryl 7

(400 * .05) + 10

30 CHA vs 30 substat + [secondary line]

Sub-stat Better

CHA: 410 -clan passive enabled-

1x Beryl 7

(410 * .05) + 10

30.5 CHA vs 30 substat + [secondary line]

Buffing: Beryl
EVERYTHING else: Substat Better

New Cap

435 CHA -clan passive enabled-

1x Beryl 7

(435 * .05) + 10

31.75 CHA vs 30 substat + [secondary line]

Buffing: Beryl

Everything Else: Sub-stat Better

New Cap & New Sub-stat Max

435 CHA

31.75 CHA vs 40 sub-stat + [secondary line]

Sub-stat Better

You see Snuwfer, Beryl's were only viable for 1 thing. Buff-slaves. Beryl's were never equal to Sub-stats when it came to the Characters who did the fighting. But let's go even further. Let's say, this new G8 Beryl gives 40 CHA based on 435 CHA base cap. 40 CHA sub-stat + secondary line, the sub-stats are still better, ESPECIALLY for anyone who's not CHA capped. 

So you see, the ONLY way to make Beryl's relevant, is to make them give more CHA than Sub-stats. It's the ONLY way, but yet here you are saying "I don't want Gems to be MORE powerful than sub-stats, just equal", but the problem is, unless you make them better, Sub-stats will ALWAYS be more valuable on the market. 

But like I said, go ahead. Be my guest and make G8's better than sub-stats. We both know I can use my Artisan to craft as many Gems and Sub-stats as I want. Hell, people already have 20 + shops filled with new tier G7 Max subs. You think it's going to take any longer to get Gems crafted? You're dreaming. Exactly like I said, make G8's better, make them equal, it doesn't matter. Either I'm right, or you're going to just give everyone free Max CHA Buffers. So take your pick, but remember; I did tell you all of this in advance. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 April 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#17 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

Almost every single post you've made focused on insisting that Grade 8 would be better than sub stats, since the beginning I said just make it close the gap between gems and sub stats. Don't make them better, but give them enough, so to say they're 35 cha at 435 Cha, that's still 5 less than 40 cha sub stats.

you also say you could make hundreds of grade 8's if they came out, so be it. There's already thousands of level 240 gems. I also see it as a way for newer players being able to gear easier. 

closing the gap

Edited by Snuwfer, 22 April 2017 - 02:55 AM.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

Hah, what, you think I'm going to price them cheap for new players just cause I can get them easy? Nuh uh. Those are end-game items, they're going to cost you end-game money to get them. New players can just go make an Artisan and do it themselves if they have a problem with that. 

Also, if they're not 40 CHA at full base investment, then Sub-stats are still going to be better even for buffers, more expensive than a G8, and thus this entire topic is pointless. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 April 2017 - 03:26 AM.

#19 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Feuer just shut up ok you are not helping only argue and been absord ...

my point of this post is to make a point and convince admins to change that ... make the gem powerful again with 5%+20
that's it end of story and stop messing with this post... if u dont have nothing good say just get out

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:04 AM

And my point is that it's dumb, but go ahead. There isn't a rule that you're ONLY allowed to show support for proposals, and if your only response is 'shut up' when you have your idea challenged with facts, then I'd say you've lost the proposition already. 

FYI: You don't run around permanently in a Max CHA Buffset you noob. You Buff in it, then swap to a combat set.... 

So far your argument has been.

1: I like how the Gem looks in my Weapon.
Answer: Use a costume then.

2: Clerics are lame because I have to run around in Item Mall and Event items and have no defense.
Answer: You're Clericing wrong, buff with the buff-set [that's why it's called the BUFF-SET] and swap to normal gear with healpower augmentations. 

Seriously. Snuwfer provides a better argument, and he's only doing it cause he just funded buff-slaves and doesn't want to have to shell-out more money for the new top tier buff-set after coming back only a few weeks ago. At least I understand he's just being greedy, but when you're telling me to shut up, and you literally have zero knowledge of the game.... Well, need I say more. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 April 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#21 ServX

ServX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

who the -_- are you to judge if im noob or not ?!
GTFO !!
i know i need to switch ... but its annoying to do so every god dam time insted staying with one gear like every other class
cleric dosent need to workd different
you dident give any reasonable facts here beside acting like a total troll and rule out every suggestion

>snip<

Edited by VModCupcake, 22 April 2017 - 01:50 PM.

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

FYI: Stat Buffers who run Dungeons, also have to switch gear to have max Class Buffs... Cleric isn't the only oooonnneeee.. Just sayin. 

And I can make any observation and opinion I want. It's part of the social sphere, you enter it, people will observe you, make decisions and opinions about you, and expect those things from you to continue. If you don't like it, again I should suggest, you don't put yourself in the public view to be judged. 

But yes, my point stands. Class Buffers also change gear, Clerics aren't special in that instance. 

#23 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

This is the second time I have to post a warning in this topic to both the topic starter and anyone else in the conversation.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it does not match your own. Find a way to get your message across without flaming anyone else.

#24 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

[2: Clerics are lame because I have to run around in Item Mall and Event items and have no defense.
Answer: You're Clericing wrong, buff with the buff-set [that's why it's called the BUFF-SET] and swap to normal gear with healpower augmentations. ]

The fact remains the same, just because something was a certain way in the past, doesn't justify it continuing. Change for the better, in another phrase. Another armorset (craftable? maybe not) focusing directly on charm where buffers don't need to switch gear seems extreme but this is a time for change. Maybe Genesis and co can review the idea and adapt it into something usable and not broken. 

+1

PS: Can I just say a hearty well done so far to the devs for the recent updates. We await your continued vision of Orlo, Karkia and Skaaj... after some rest, of course :)

Edited by Tleliaxu, 23 April 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

Honestly, I hate the entirety of scaling buffs, and never understood why it goes over 10%, let alone 5%. But I came from a different breed I suppose.

At any rate, CHA = no.

I would say some type of Heal Power set focused on healing, but Heals are notorious for getting out of hand very fast. Plus we have several Gems, Passives and Runes to augment Healing.

Making the set CHA hardstats is a no from me for very specific reasons.

1: CHA increases too many combat statistics to ever be balanced at this point. The DEV's overloaded the stat with benefits because they wanted it to be useful, but when people like FS started crying about taking too many Crits, or that their HoT's were too small, well... they just straight over-did it. 
2: Buffing, isn't a combat tactic, you pre-buff for a reason, because they last 15 minutes - 30 minutes. How frequently are you ACTUALLY going to say, dang, I'm so glad I was already in a buffing set and could just re-apply buffs instantly. 

3: You essentially asking, for Gear that would make you heal 2x stronger, while retaining your Defensive capabilities. I know this for a fact, because any time, and I literally mean, every, damned, time, the FS get's even a slightest tweak that results in a reduction, they throw the loudest, most inane screeching tantrums you have EVER seen. And they will not, under any circumstances be reasoned with, you can only appease them by giving them what they demand, which in this case would be, you gave us CHA sets, but now we can't tank like a Knight, so we need both cause "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE"
... and I'm not down for that.

Any rate. The only possible solution to this I could ever think of was to make Buffs a type of 'aura' effect that was constantly on, and applied to anyone within a certain radius of you [something like 50m or whatever]. The buffs would [...preferably] for ALL classes including Clerics] be 'normalized' to something like 5% - 10% [not a range, ALL would be the same, just pick numbers within that suggested amounts] and learned via skill-points. 

Why?

Cause then we don't need buff-slaves. Clerics, could finally focus on their job, Healing, Resurrecting fallen allies, Removing negative status' etc. Would the CHA 'value' take a hit, course, but it'd STILL carry the negative effects modifier, DoT modifier, Critical Defense Modifier, AND Heal Power modifiers and personally, I think that's more than enough given comparisons to the other Base stats and what they provide. 

Any rate, I personally, and TRULY, don't care in the slightest about FS, because of their demanding, entitled, obnoxious nature of crying like petulant children anytime they have to face the nerf-darts like the rest of us; and even mentioning them being even just in the slightest better off than other classes will set them off into a 'no we're not, we're weak, we need buffs, we need better gear' and any proposition that they be addressed in balancing? Lmao, you better brace for impact, because they're going to come at you with their hammers, sickles, Pitchforks and torches... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users