The game economy is tanking, and I'm saddened by it. - General Game Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The game economy is tanking, and I'm saddened by it.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Notakii

Notakii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Server 1's economy is going down the tubes.

Dust of Card has fallen from 1 diamond each to .5 diamonds each.

Steel is 1 diamond each now.

Purple equips with a slot (unless they're accessories) don't sell on the market even when you put them up for 1 diamond.

Matyr Card is 1 diamond now.

Minorous Card is 1 diamond now.

Skel Worker Card is 2 diamonds now.

It's truly upsetting that everything that lower level or non-paying players can farm is now pretty much worthless. I used to think that I could make it in this game with hard work and perseverance, but now I'm losing hope.

The only thing that I feel I can do is sell my purple equips for zeny, and maybe then sell my zeny for diamonds, but even then zeny packs are falling in price on the market! Everything is becoming worthless... except maybe Ori/Elu, which I need to keep to make my equipment better.

I wonder if it will get worse than this...

#2 Junimzky

Junimzky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:28 AM

The only thing worth farming is gold and steel. As players get to transcend they will need hundreds of steel and gold so keep farming.

#3 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2053 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 AM

We are in this situation because:

1. the game having a built-in Auto farming feature. So every player can farm any item they want - so why would they buy it from the market

2. The drop rate of low level items is high: Supply > Demand

However, this is not entirely a bad thing because lower price means you can buy more items with your Diamond. However, you need to acquire your Diamond through other method than selling items in the market, and by other method I mean buying it using $$$.

#4 EremesGuileSinX

EremesGuileSinX

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted Yesterday, 07:04 AM

The law of supply states that the quantity of a good supplied (i.e., the amount owners or producers offer for sale) rises as the market price rises, and falls as the price falls. Conversely, the law of demand says that the quantity of a good demanded falls as the price rises, and vice versa.

#5 theone1

theone1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 AM

Get level 100 and start farming abyss lake for halo fragments. Whales will be needing 57,510 of them to make rank 10 halos. Also gold and steel will probably keep value for quite some time.

Edited by theone1, Yesterday, 07:46 AM.

#6 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

Considering how expensive diamonds are, I'm not surprised people aren't willing to spend them.

#7 Notakii

Notakii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:35 PM

Steel's price is falling dramatically, but at least gold is holding value... I'm worried that selling it will just put me at a disadvantage though, because then I won't be able to craft things down the line.

I guess that doesn't really matter though, because I doubt I'll ever get to the point where I can craft high-end items without dropping cash. At this point, with all of the terrible translation errors, random PKs by people who just want to grief for fun, and no hints on what might be added to the game next, I'm not willing to invest a dime in this game. Time, yes, but not money.

#8 Notakii

Notakii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted Today, 09:08 PM

I ended up selling my Steel and Gold. The reasoning is, if everything is going down, they will probably only get cheaper from here. Might as well unload them now.

Hopefully I can buy a mount soon, that would be quite nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users