another firesale, this is just sad - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

another firesale, this is just sad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

if OCP5 was selling that bad just remove it and put in something else. Instead WP is have firesale of the same item wo weekend in a row.

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

You better get as much as ocp 5 that you can bra coz I bet they're not gonna put in manuals gums and branches for a long time.

#3 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

it's their call even if they make it permanent, that should be fine

#4 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

:heh:  nice try WP i'm not going to drop 80$ again.

#5 malaypower

malaypower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

their profit not enough so continue...btw b>tengu set 500m(lowballer)

#6 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

it's their call even if they make it permanent, that should be fine

This. All the re-sellers are crying right now. It's not sad, and they made plenty of profit. If anything i love it, because it keeps people on their toes... they aren't as predictable lately and i appreciate that greatly.

Edit: i still think the rates are terrible, and feel bad for people who spend tons of money and don't get what they want. Lottery tickets > Kp boxes srs

Edited by Angelolol3, 21 April 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#7 Usernamedenied

Usernamedenied

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Hopefully these boxes will remain indefinitely. The boxes contain too many gears that are essential to certain classes, so selling it for a limited period will only increase the barrier of entyr/re-entry to the game.

#8 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Hopefully these boxes will remain indefinitely. The boxes contain too many gears that are essential to certain classes, so selling it for a limited period will only increase the barrier of entyr/re-entry to the game.

I wouldn't go that far. . . people have been reaching max lvl with subpar gears w/o too much difficulty since inception. But i do get what you're trying to say, everyone is after the best of the best. It definitely isn't essential tho :P

#9 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

LOL that iRO comunnity i cant even...

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

if OCP5 was selling that bad just remove it and put in something else. Instead WP is have firesale of the same item wo weekend in a row.

But its what people wanted.

#11 kyogen

kyogen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

LMAO Are they really that broke?

I spent a lot from last firesale though :)

Edited by kyogen, 21 April 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#12 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Well this practically solves the complain some people had about buying too much kp and getting 'ban' (unable to purchase more) while they get verification from they payment team.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

The problem was for some reason steam users were completely locked out of making payments last weekend. So we promised we would give them a second chance.

#14 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Please put OCP next for ranger OP gear hahaha

#15 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

-3s AS cooldown low headgear. :>

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

How is it sad to have OCPs firesale? All OCPs should remain in cash shop permanently if anything -*-

#17 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

+10 upgrade should be in permanently. (now people can't compete as easily with +14 kvms)
Enriched should be in permanently. (now people has a bunch of items waiting to +9 and don't want to spend 2x much for HD)
Bonus EXP/drop event should be in permanently. (now people are lazy and wait for exp events)
Old Hats/Season hats should be in permanently. (now players just quit because they can't get a certain item they want without paying loads of money)
4th of July quest for Autumn Headband should be  in permanently. (now AS rangers build a dependence ont it)
Lighthalzen/Alde Spotlight should be in permanently. (now these are the only 2 spotlights people are about)
Firesale Boxes should be in permanently. (now the waiting game begins)
Paramarket should have been in the game. (now we have more bots vending necessary supplies)
Griefing players is allowed in this game. (now we can stasis players we don't like)
Client Editing is cool too, just be sure to know the right person for it. (now we have big card mod and other client edits that are fine as long as you don't share them on forums)

The problem is, the GMs don't do these things consistently. They didn't mention anything about steam users having trouble with buying through steam. So instead, they just release it again making it sound like the Firesale was an extremely limited time thing throughout the sale. It's similar to EXP event for which an event that was suppose to end weeks ago just finished with the most recent maint. They keep it in there as a "bonus" for the players to believe so they can cover their mistakes.

But I'm not surprised. The GMs are extremely incompetent with their ability to run RO. Thor and Classic is a half-ass server trying to milk the nostalgic players. Over the years there were plenty of cases of GM corruption and favoritism (hello Wild-Blades Silaqui). Even their release has been lacking and less ambitious. I'm still waiting for them to finally release their Penetration Shadow Set since it's honestly not a big deal but they're soooo afraid of backlash from players.

As long as you don't expect professionalism from the staff running RO, it's easy not to care. But in the end, it will be the warp portal GMs who will run RO into the ground and not the lack of interest from the players. Because there are still a lot of players that likes to play RO, too bad the staff is too unmotivated to do anything about it. They rely too much on players to actually get stuff done.

Edited by Demeris, 21 April 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#18 NGNLsora

NGNLsora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

gg wp >.<

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

They should've released the Penetration shadow set along with other gears long long ass time ago when outsiders still recognized iRO as a newbies friendly server. Now only old players are left and leaving? Newbies are long gone, only returning players here and there. I think to me, iRO is a newbies-mocking server but I still love you <3 ... Anyway just do what you've gotta do at this moment hahaha

And hello? Justice of Vigilantism always prevailed. The force was strong on this mofo and so overwhelming the favoritism of client editings in WoE. It killed WoE in a process, however :^)

#20 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

They should've released the Penetration shadow set along with other gears long long ass time ago when outsiders still recognized iRO as a newbies friendly server. Now only old players are left and leaving? Newbies are long gone, only returning players here and there. I think to me, iRO is a newbies-mocking server but I still love you <3 ... Anyway just do what you've gotta do at this moment hahaha

And hello? Justice of Vigilantism always prevailed. The force was strong on this mofo and so overwhelming the favoritism of client editings in WoE. It killed WoE in a process, however :^)

So there are newbies on iRO? i thought they were just old-bad players

#21 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

The problem was for some reason steam users were completely locked out of making payments last weekend. So we promised we would give them a second chance.

A decent and smart company, would verify the payments on the first one. 

Or even associate that paypal account to Warpportal, instead of blocking the accounts of the people who gives them more money. 

That policy is just extremely stupid.

#22 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Wont spend anymore lol. Shady eh~ Tell you box will be gone and boom its back for another week huh

#23 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Didn't everyone read what camp said?

#24 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit