How to report someone using illegal software? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to report someone using illegal software?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

I checked the support page and there isn't anything relates to that.

So, how to report someone using illegal software? Or just write a post in this forum?

#2 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

send a ticket

#3 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

yeah but like I said, there's no option to report someone.

Account Recovery 

> I didn't got banned

Bug report

> It's not a bug

Events

> Not an event

Ill-mannered reports

> Not trash talk issues 

Item-related issues

> Well, using illegal software to gain gold, probably?

Steam issues

> Not relates to steam

Technical/Web support

> Not a technical problem

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Report it to me by PM. Please include the name of the software they're using. Thanks.

#5 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

Report it to me by PM. Please include the name of the software they're using. Thanks.

How do I know what software he uses lol

#6 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Well, if you have images or footage of the culprit's clear and visible act, you can send it/them to Pop'.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

How do I know what software he uses lol

It takes some experience to tell with this one. Mention where it occured, describe what the player was doing specifically, provide screenshots and/or video if able, etc.

This can give a general idea of the type of software. Which can assist the developer to further prevent use of it.

Edited by Coolsam, 23 April 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#8 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

It's so sad to watch the player keep gaining gold in that way, and maybe he also transfer the gold to other character :(

What would GM do with that player? Permanently suspension? How about all those gold and item he transferred?

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

It's so sad to watch the player keep gaining gold in that way, and maybe he also transfer the gold to other character :(

What would GM do with that player? Permanently suspension? How about all those gold and item he transferred?

Whenever you report anyone. Investigation must occur. Like all support-squads in MMO's, the team looks into factors, discusses with developers who are aware of these things and then takes appropriate action. You will never be told the result of said investigations however. Whether or not this player is banned will not be revealed by GM's.

As for the items and gold and the characters involved. Again no word from GM will reveal any results of their investigations or actions taken against the offenders.

You won't know unless you take some time to gather info and submit.

#10 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Whenever you report anyone. Investigation must occur. Like all support-squads in MMO's, the team looks into factors, discusses with developers who are aware of these things and then takes appropriate action. You will never be told the result of said investigations however. Whether or not this player is banned will not be revealed by GM's.

As for the items and gold and the characters involved. Again no word from GM will reveal any results of their investigations or actions taken against the offenders.

You won't know unless you take some time to gather info and submit.

So you mean, I would never know whether GM banned that player or not. All I can do is to check if he is still able to log in by myself?

I have already submitted both ticket and message to Popcorn and support system since I started this post, but I haven't got any feedback yet.

I know it's Sunday, but I just worry about that player would not use the software during Monday ~ Friday so GM cannot really get a solid evidence.

#11 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

So you mean, I would never know whether GM banned that player or not. All I can do is to check if he is still able to log in by myself?

I have already submitted both ticket and message to Popcorn and support system since I started this post, but I haven't got any feedback yet.

I know it's Sunday, but I just worry about that player would not use the software during Monday ~ Friday so GM cannot really get a solid evidence.

You will get the wrong answer here in the forums 9 out of 10 are all speculations and so you know, you just warned some of them, they actually read the forum. BTW 2 of the people hacking their life away are here spamming the forum constantly.

Screenshots will do you no good, unless he explain how hes doing it, only way is to make videos and send to WP MANAGEMENT. If you want something done right, the forum is not the place to make it happened, most of the people here are groupies that don't matter how wrong they are, they will not acept it.

Word of advice, you will only be killing off the leaf and the tree will continue to stand, they have numerous accounts with unlimited GOLD, enhanced skills in every BSQ-EW and you will hear from the forum, that is imposible to do lol...............

Anyways, those individuals are from the same country, they get permanent banned an account, but don't matter, because they have so many accounts at their disposal.

Edited by eyes2kill, 23 April 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

I don't think that WP management will handle your reports because they have management things to do. They will delegate it to the responsible team which is the GM team. If you want to report something you can send proves (best would be videos which clearly show what is happening) or details about how it's done and names to me by PM or if you don't trust the forum PMs you can find an e-mail address in my profile.I will forward the reports anonymous and make sure that the people checking it actually really check it. I know what I am talking about because I have successfully dealt with several cases like this in the past. Anyways please know that no one can do anything against anyone without clear evidence. I don't think that you (the OP) would like it to be banned just because someone who dislikes you is reporting you for something you never did. What I am thinking about this case doesn't matter because I have to be unbiased even though I can guess of which subjects you're talking about, Eyes2Kill. And I really don't care if those subjects are reading this because I personally am not the one who has something to hide. 

In conclusion if you have hard evidence, detailed informations and names send them over to me and I will try to do my best.

I will lock this topic now because all needed informations are given and everyone of us knows how it would continue.

Topic locked.

message to Popcorn

Edit: I just saw your message but since I am the developer and I am rather busy at the moment I wasn't online yesterday. I will check your PM now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users