[Updated] I cant launch the downloader - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Updated] I cant launch the downloader

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor:The Hero Of Ragnarok

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

So i formatted my laptop last 2 weeks ago and now thinking of redownloading ragna again but when i try to download the client it takes a long time and when i stopped it for an hour because my laptop needs to cooldown it goes back to 0%..

last time i downloaded the dlm (last 2 weeks ago) I could still stop it and resume it later

#2 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

i also tried waiting for it to finish but when it was 73% it also stopped and said WebTracker failed (i didnt see the whole error coz i closed it and ragequit :P)

#3 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

You can try getting the installer from Axylus' Mirrors here. Try opting for the part files since if, god forbid, the download crashes at some point, you'll only have lost a part rather than the entire download as a whole.

#4 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

i tried the mirrors (death for my internet) its fine but would take a while (3 days for media 1, 1 day for media 2, and 10 mins for installer -_- ill die waiting)

#5 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

You can try getting the installer from Axylus' Mirrors here. Try opting for the part files since if, god forbid, the download crashes at some point, you'll only have lost a part rather than the entire download as a whole.

umm another question i finished the download overnight but now how to install it the ragna installer says "the installation package couldnt be opened.contact the application vendor that this is a valid Windows installer package"

Edited by Audrick123, 24 April 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#6 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

I tried the Mirror NoDice gave me and tried to wait out the hellish DL manager i got from the web but they have the same result they are both stuck on launch and when i clicked it loads a little bit then nothing happens...

#7 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:53 AM

Try right-clicking on the file Ragnarok_Installer.msi and choose the option to "Run as administrator." If that doesn't work, you can right-click it and choose Properties from the pop-out menu, followed by the "Compatibility" tab and then check the box to run the program under compatibility mode. Choose "Windows XP" from the list, and while you are at it, also check the box at the very end that says "Run this program as an administrator", click Apply followed by Ok. Hopefully that should get it running and make sure to install it in the root folder and not "Program Files". If it does, and once it installs, do not run the program yet. Navigate to the game folder and make sure Ragexe and Ragnarok.exe (if you are a Renewal player) to run as an administrator by default via the steps mentioned above. If none of this works, you'll have to wait for Axylus.

#8 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:11 AM

Try right-clicking on the file Ragnarok_Installer.msi and choose the option to "Run as administrator." If that doesn't work, you can right-click it and choose Properties from the pop-out menu, followed by the "Compatibility" tab and then check the box to run the program under compatibility mode. Choose "Windows XP" from the list, and while you are at it, also check the box at the very end that says "Run this program as an administrator", click Apply followed by Ok. Hopefully that should get it running and make sure to install it in the root folder and not "Program Files". If it does, and once it installs, do not run the program yet. Navigate to the game folder and make sure Ragexe and Ragnarok.exe (if you are a Renewal player) to run as an administrator by default via the steps mentioned above. If none of this works, you'll have to wait for Axylus.

Somehow theres no run as administrator option popping up when i right click it 

checked properties no compatibility tab on the properties as well

Edited by Audrick123, 26 April 2017 - 04:13 AM.

#9 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

i sent ticket as well as pictures of the 2 ragnarok installers from different web and stuff

#10 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:21 AM

May I know your OS? Hopefully someone well versed with it can reply if it is not Windows. Assuming you're on Windows, when you right-click the installer, you may see the option "Troubleshoot compatibility" use that and it should auto-select Windows XP or XP SP3 at the end of it.

#11 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

May I know your OS? Hopefully someone well versed with it can reply if it is not Windows. Assuming you're on Windows, when you right-click the installer, you may see the option "Troubleshoot compatibility" use that and it should auto-select Windows XP or XP SP3 at the end of it.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

when i right click it, only open on the top and random shiz at the bottom

#12 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:40 AM

I'm at a loss, sorry. I never ran into any issues on mine (Windows 10) when I did a fresh install after they updated the installer on the website. Hopefully Axylus/someone else/ticket system will have a solution for you. In the meantime, you could try getting a working folder copy via a friend since the game does not need to be installed in order to be played.

Edit: A cursory Google search got me the following info and though granted the topic was for something else, the points still stand as certain AV have been known to flag the installer and the game. Also, since you mentioned your internet, if you happened to get the larger files on both tries, maybe they got corrupted somehow. Again, I'm just guessing at this point.

The error may come from different reasons:

• Corrupted or damaged file when it was downloaded.
  • Installing a file saved in a network and not in the local computer.
  • No Administrator rights in the computer account.
  • Anti Virus blocking the installation.
  • Windows Installer problem.
  • A Registry Settings cause.

In the meantime you can also try running an online MD5 hash check on the files against the numbers mentioned in the website with the mirrors. At least this way you'll be able to verify the file integrity. If they don't match, then that particular file is corrupted.

Edited by NoDice, 26 April 2017 - 04:52 AM.

#13 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

I'm at a loss, sorry. I never ran into any issues on mine (Windows 10) when I did a fresh install after they updated the installer on the website. Hopefully Axylus/someone else/ticket system will have a solution for you. In the meantime, you could try getting a working folder copy via a friend since the game does not need to be installed in order to be played.

ok thanks ^^ ill try contacting my friends and getting their copies 

#14 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

although my ragnarok_installer look pretty weird than what it looks like last 2 weeks

i remembered the icon of Ragnarok_installer must look exactly like the dlm and not a paper with the ragnarok dlm face on it

#15 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

http://imgur.com/a/vn71y

#16 Audrick123

Audrick123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPlanet #69

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

Edit: A cursory Google search got me the following info and though granted the topic was for something else, the points still stand as certain AV have been known to flag the installer and the game. Also, since you mentioned your internet, if you happened to get the larger files on both tries, maybe they got corrupted somehow. Again, I'm just guessing at this point.

In the meantime you can also try running an online MD5 hash check on the files against the numbers mentioned in the website with the mirrors. At least this way you'll be able to verify the file integrity. If they don't match, then that particular file is corrupted

I was treasure hunting in the folder when ragnarok installer is and i found the treasure i clicked the ragnarok installer and saw a weird new option in the whole folder which is open i extended it, it showed 2 options window installer and ragnarok downloader and windows installer fixed the problem :P thanks for your time helping me xD

Edited by Audrick123, 26 April 2017 - 05:02 AM.

#17 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

@.@ Wow! Make sure to set the respective .exe (Ragexe and Ragnarok.exe for Renewal, clragexe and ClassicRO.exe for Classic) files to run as an administrator, if that option shows up for you post install. This is to make sure the patcher does not skip any files. Also, I ended up mis-clicking your profile page instead of this topic so ignore that ^^"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users